Patch 1.0.1

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
JC_Helios
X-51

Re: Patch 1.0.1

Post by JC_Helios »

dataangel wrote:A few more bugs:
After DXI all of the maps get purged and refresh when you visit them again... also, yes there are other Llamas in other districts that could re-occupy the temple.

You didn't notice the password(key) she gave you?
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

I had a problem in PDX Parking Lot when going to rescue Silver Dragon was using Trestkons Duel Pistols and when firing, the firing texture (the yellow bit that comes out of the end of the gun) stuck that way and then when I fired them again, the game froze and I had to restart my computer.

Also minor thing, when you first arrive in Coperate Sector when the Datalink plays saying to go to PDX when you talk to Geeky Looking Guy while DL is playing, it goes off, instead, should it not finish before you can talk to anyone?
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

Morpheus wrote:Also minor thing, when you first arrive in Coperate Sector when the Datalink plays saying to go to PDX when you talk to Geeky Looking Guy while DL is playing, it goes off, instead, should it not finish before you can talk to anyone?
It happens with all PMs, and I consider it a good thing. When you get a PM you can't save, see other messages (such as the "goal completed" message) and for me, it's a pain - since I save compulsively and rely on those little updates to manage my skill points. Disabling the PMs when you start a conversation or move to another map is user-controlled and used as a matter of convenience, and therefore shouldn't be "fixed".
olipro
Mole Person

Post by olipro »

I found a little mapping bug (I verified I think that it is not in the changelog of the patch)
There is a flying button in the room with the big table behind the hall that looks like matrix, on the cave of DXO
Image the button on the right -> Image
Last edited by olipro on Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

dataangel wrote:3. I return to the goat leader, and she says she'll give me my reward. But my inventory is full. She doesn't ask me to clear it, I just don't get my reward. Talking to her again doesn't have her give it to me.

4? (could be #3 again). Clearing my inventory before talking to her didn't fix the problem! I get the credits she promised, but not the upgrade canister or weapon mods.
She has it hidden in a safe behind a statue. She tells you this.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

If you kill Face or EER the Surviving one will continue to play with the ghost of the other guy once you move the body away. They both even still say their win/lose lines (the subtitles will just say "(-------------)" for the dead one though.)
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

• [DXEditing Misson] If you slip into the DXE basement from the ducts and finish your job, Wolfy's PM (the one that's supposed to play on your way in) still triggers in front of the elevator on your way out.
  • [PDX Storyline] After rescuing Kevo-sama and killing every DXO in hideout:
    • Report back to King Kashue and tell him about GameSpy. His barks following the conversation don't match the situation. (not an exact quote but something along the lines of 'Give us 30 minutes to talk it over' 'I don't know how this alliance will work out') Basically he acts as if you chose to negotiate for DXO instead of killing them.
    • The news bulletin has two updates, "DXO Cleared Of All Charges" and "DXO Neutralized". Again, the first one seems to be for when DXO and PDX join up.
  • The Voodoo shop remains closed on Day 2 even after dealing with the subway hostage situation and clearing the area of hostile troopers. I'm not sure this is a bug, but when I opensesame'd my way into the shop, Yardbomb had some dialogue that was clearly meant for Day 2, so I'm guessing the shop was supposed to re-open once you get the subway running.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Use the portals, when you left the shop then and re-entered, it opened up for me. Of course if you never did the portal mission...

Anyways, first bugreport from me. Let me start with saying TNM is pretty bugfree for such a big and versatile mod! Great job! I came in pretty late, so I started my first game after the release of 1.0.1, so no issues due to using to version incompatability. I am following the PDX storyline.

Day 1:
* SymGeosis first convo spawns 2 hostile FireWalls to your position. However if you skip through this conversation, the firewalls haven't arrived on your current destination and could theoretically attack anywhere. About 80% of those cases it caused far more firewalls to become hostile on me, and fighting that bot sucks really bad this early in the game!
* Shawn goes into "combat VO" when making the cleaner droid hostile (by stepping on it).
* Cynic: "Helios was considered all-seeing, so that was probably why the name was chosen" (or something like that) is omitted from the subtitles, as does "Morpheus distinguishes between live organisms, which he calls... (etc.)"
* Goat Hostage-takers go crazy and hostile over their own Llama Hostage being unconscious.
* Corperate District businesswoman near sign/cop cars flies in the air over the bench. Wrong spawnlocation?
* PDX HQ Vending Machine gives a blank list. So it only sells 0c "". Probably it should sell normally or have a broken text?
* When told to visit Jonas and Winquman for stuff if you visit Winquman an empty quest completion is added to the log " [completed]". Then when you visit Jonas afterwards, the mission is completed, while still saying "You visited Jonas, now visit Winquman [Completed]" (parafrased).
* WC Hidden Lab MIBs don't drop weapons you cannot carry like all other foes.
* If you drop multiple PS20's, the ammo counter says you have 0. However the Spork/Foon ammo counters stay on drop. So if you drop 25, pick up 5, you now have 25! Probably they should be altered to work just like throwing knifes, why is there seperate ammo anyway, they don't have multiple fire modes, do they?
* Old Server Complex first map: Stuck when under elevator? (no ladder nor crate).
* Old Server Complex: STEP mines can be triggered by going beneath them. Makes that area just that less annoying, which is probably not the intention :D.
* KK gave me the "low collateral damage" bonus for Goat City, even if I killed all inhabitants (bar 1). I have to say I ignored the templae though, yet I still don't think I was very pacifistic.
* Kunio Ko still gives the sell-speech when sold out.

Day2:
* Cynic has some serious VO/ST mismatching when talking about Mary in the Priory of Zion convo.
* PHAT-Rifle Report: The "rather use this assault rifle" line probably should not run when you do not HAVE an assault rifle ;).
* Phasmatis mentions you finding the DXO headquarters before you do.
* (already mentioned though) Slums: If you re-activate the power before meeting the DXO people the goal is stuck in your mission log.
* After killing the 4 guys that bombed Sol's, mission log tells me to tell Alpha. However; Alpha isn't present (I am pretty sure it is mentioned he was killed during the night). How to finish that quest?
* Melk fountains (Goat City) still have flowing sound even with no melk if you did the Llama mission on day 1.
* Didn't found typo's noteworthy, but since you want them I remember the DXO Computu-something mentioning about (parafrasing again) "more reasonable that we thought". VO says correctly than.

Day 3:
* (already mentioned) ABI Tech: Weapons R&D computer passcode from Datapad does not get added to notes.
* Agent Smith doesn't drop weapons you cannot carry like all other foes, also when unconscious his name doesn't display besides it in ().
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Baleout
Thug

Post by Baleout »

odawali wrote:
  • The Voodoo shop remains closed on Day 2 even after dealing with the subway hostage situation and clearing the area of hostile troopers. I'm not sure this is a bug, but when I opensesame'd my way into the shop, Yardbomb had some dialogue that was clearly meant for Day 2, so I'm guessing the shop was supposed to re-open once you get the subway running.
It reopens after you return to King Kashue/Scara B King

Occasionally when searching bodies, multitools, lockpicks and medkits are dropped on the floor, saying "you don't have room for this", when you actually do. I think it might be when you are in a tight space i.e. not enough room to pick up a crate.

Microfibral muscle bug - turn it on, pick up a heavy item, face a wall and turn off the aug. You can now carry that item without the aug turned on (until you drop it).
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

I suppose you could say this is a minor informational inconsistency, but because i haven't seen it with any of the other weapons, i thought i'd report it all the same. AO's pistol, when you look at its stats/description says it has a laser sight but has N/A for silencer when it clearly has one.
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Baleout wrote:Occasionally when searching bodies, multitools, lockpicks and medkits are dropped on the floor, saying "you don't have room for this", when you actually do.
That's because you have the max amount (20 for lockpick/multitool, 15 for medpacks) of said items.
Microfibral muscle bug - turn it on, pick up a heavy item, face a wall and turn off the aug. You can now carry that item without the aug turned on (until you drop it).
[/quote]
That's also in the original DX. Not sure if it can be fixed.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

Baleout wrote: It reopens after you return to King Kashue/Scara B King
Nope, I'm ready to head off to ABI and it's still closed.
Hassat Hunter wrote:Use the portals, when you left the shop then and re-entered, it opened up for me. Of course if you never did the portal mission...
Actually I did do the portal mission, but either way it seems odd that the player is required to do the portal mission on day 1 in order to keep the shop open on day 2, wouldn't you think?

I took a closer look at the situation and it seems that you CAN enter the shop, but only from the portal in the Corporate District. If you use the portals in Downtown or the Slums, you land in front of the door in the portal room that has INF/INF strength. (My key doesn't have the right code, even through I did the portal mission on day 1). Further, if you DO get in, you spawn in front of Yardbomb instead of at the door to the extra dimensional hallway. You're also forced to leave by the front entrance as you can't go in the portal room. However, once you're outside, the door you just came out of is locked with INF/INF strength and you can't go back in.

Was all this intentional?
Baleout
Thug

Post by Baleout »

Hassat Hunter wrote:
Baleout wrote:Occasionally when searching bodies, multitools, lockpicks and medkits are dropped on the floor, saying "you don't have room for this", when you actually do.
That's because you have the max amount (20 for lockpick/multitool, 15 for medpacks) of said items.
No - when you actually do have space. They drop on the floor, and I pick them up from the floor.

-- There are two Fireswords in the game? I bought Diablo's sword from Raving, but later on Diablo dropped another when I killed him.
Lauri Tikkanen
Mole Person

Post by Lauri Tikkanen »

I'm playing the WC storyline. After I killed every guard in the Air Control map and Midashand arrived with the helicopter to pick me up, instead of continuing to ABI I decided to return back through the sewers to buy more ammo from Raving's. However, when I had reached the Slums, I noticed that the chopper and Midashand where still on the Slums helipad although they had just arrived into Air Control a moment before. I was even able to talk with MH and get a lift to the ABI map. He even wondered why I didn't clear the LZ on the Air Control map although that's what I had precisely done before.

I haven't installed the patch yet and I didn't see this listed anywhere in this thread.
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

This isn't a exactly a bug, but it bugs me nonetheless: During the cutscene with Treskton, the one standing closer to the mirror with his back against it (as if he'd just stepped out from it) speaks Trestkon's lines, and the one facing the mirror standing farther from it speaks Treskton's lines. Seems like the characters got mixed up.