Patch 1.0.1

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Azeltir
Thug

Re: Patch 1.0.1

Post by Azeltir »

Lork wrote:If you visit multiple maps while using lollerskates, the effect will only wear off on the map you're currently on. If you go back to any of the other maps you just travelled through, you'll have the lollerskate effect on, permanently.
This is the reason I won't use lollerskates at this point. It pissed me off royally to have the effect on permanently, across maps. This is also similar to a case I've had multiple times with Zyme/Crystal Melk, where I would switch maps before the effect wore off. When I return to that map, I'd have the slow-mo on for the entire time I was on the map. I'm pretty sure this is repeatable.

Ben
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

@Azeltir:

Stopskates

Shifter? Melk doesn't give bullet time, bullet time in TNM is controlled by a key press not a drug, and you have to unlock it. Using Shifter's Zyme bullet time in TNM is bound to cause problems.
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

• One of the ABI guards attacking Ricemanu (the dead one within the fenced area) has an "OLD baton". Its item description says to report it as a bug.
  • Freeze in ABI canyons:
    I think this is likely related to an ABI trooper I flamed with the firestaff. He fell into a ravine and that probably messed up his path calculation. I had a save just prior to the crash, and every time I quickly shot him dead the crash didn't occur.
  • Endless spam of "Goal Updated" messages when I kill Hao right after agreeing to help him escape. I have a flag dump if you need it.
  • ABI Ruins: Moonez and his boss get stuck trying to walk through the door at the same time after their conversation ends.
BTW it took a couple of tries but I managed to save Ricemanu without him turning hostile. I exited through the attic immediately used playersonly (basically freezes time) to get myself in between Ricemanu and the attackers. I then took them out before they shot anything in his direction. It helps if you use playersonly before the map load, because that way you can hit Talk and cycle back through talk history with the up arrow. It saves time typing.

(Edit: Oops, seems like the 1st and 3rd ones have already been reported)
Last edited by odawali on Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Andy.G
Thug

Post by Andy.G »

@JC_Helios

Thanks man, fixed all the probs. I thought I'd replaced that file yonks ago (when I first downloaded the game I got the patch and fix aswell) but I only did it in the TMN file, not in the original Deus Ex file.
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

Just a quick question. Will the coming patch be cumulative?
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

In room #2 on the 3rd floor of Gamespy's space station, the back side of the door says "room 23".
The first part of the cutscene in which Kevo-Sama takes you to ABI is unskipable, even though there's text saying it is.
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

Ladder puzzle on Level 4 of Space Station
Control panel does not display correct alignment of platforms:
  • Platform #2 and Platform #4 are aligned opposite to each other but are shown to be in the same alignment on the panel.
  • Platform #5 is parallel to Platform #3 but is shown in a perpendicular alignment on the panel.
No Finka
Mole Person

Post by No Finka »

Ok yep, definite spelling error of Daedalus and I'm sorry my knowledge on conversation was bad but this is a little better ;P, when you talk to Chris the book shop owner guy and ask about the AIs and choose Helios he goes on bout stuff and eventually he tells you that Helios was the merger of Daedalus and Icarus. Unfortunately in that passage Daedalus is spelt twice as Deadalus. Also Scara never calls me by the right name... once he called me Trestcock?!?! lol I could just imagine how all those names for Trestkon came up. "Hey lets insult Lawrence's retarded Trestkon name while he is in the room!"
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

odawali wrote:Ladder puzzle on Level 4 of Space Station
Control panel does not display correct alignment of platforms
I can't replicate this, it seems to work fine for me.

Thanks for all your reporting, guys. I've fixed most of what you've reported, and hopefully the patch will be ready for release tomorrow.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

Jonas wrote:
odawali wrote:Ladder puzzle on Level 4 of Space Station
Control panel does not display correct alignment of platforms
I can't replicate this, it seems to work fine for me.
I've figured it out: If you press buttons while a platform is swiveling around, the control panel will indicate the platform's position according to the last button pressed. However the actual platform will disregard any buttons pressed while it's moving. For example, if you press 3, 4 in quick succession, the platform will stop at position 3 but the panel will have it at 4.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Ah, I see. That's... probably not going to be fixed.

But thanks for reporting.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

either update the screens via MS, or put a delay on the refrob time for the buttons.

both fairly easily done, I think.

But what the hell do I know? :P
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Refrob won't work, since you're pressing different buttons. I did think about it, but it's not feasible ;)

The MS solution is a total bitch.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
DDL

Post by DDL »

run 'em all via a flagtrigger.

Ok, so it requires adding another...20 triggers to the map, but hey.

....ok, I'll shut up now.
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

I think the issue is compounded by the fact that you don't know what you're getting till you try pressing a button. Let's say I press a button. I immediately see the new position on the control panel and go "No, not like that" and quickly go through the other buttons until I get the one I want on the screen.

So, what I'm saying is that if you could somehow show what players are going to get before pressing the buttons, it would take care of the part where players frantically press buttons till they get the one they want. For example if I wanted the platform 2 to be in a 9 o'clock position, and I knew pressing "4" would give me 9 o'clock, I wouldn't have to try pressing 1,2,3,4 till I get 9 o'clock on the screen.

Or maybe make a separate "realign platforms as indicated" button? That way players can cycle through 1-4 and only have the platforms swivel around after they're satisfied with the previews.
Last edited by odawali on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.