Patch 1.0.1

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Patch 1.0.1

Post by Jonas »

DDL wrote:Oh, and bring a hazmat suit. *shakes fist at OTP team*
Not since patch 1.0.1 8)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Baleout
Thug

Post by Baleout »

Went to level 1 of the space station, and told the alien I was planning to take control of the station from them. I later recieved a PM from Evil Invasion saying "You aren't really going to blow it up, are you?" Even though I never said I was going to...

While I was in the Security room on the ship, the door locked and I couldn't get out.
Lork
NSF

Post by Lork »

Hi there. I had to register when I noticed that three bugs that had a pretty large effect on my playing experience weren't listed in the changelog:

Trestkon's bank account resets to 500 credits every time you change maps, and I mean every time. That means money for nothing, chicks for free.

If you visit multiple maps while using lollerskates, the effect will only wear off on the map you're currently on. If you go back to any of the other maps you just travelled through, you'll have the lollerskate effect on, permanently.

Land mines seem to be really picky about the kind of floor you can attach them to. This is extremely annoying when you're presented with a situation in which they would be very useful, but are arbitrarily unable to place them. Like oh, say, a large vent full of those obnoxious mini aliens, for example.
Last edited by Lork on Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

A couple of oddities (not bugs) in ABI:
  • In the security room on the 1st floor of the office building, the chair in front of the security console is indestructible and glued to the floor.
  • When you try to go out the fire escape from the third floor of the office building, your footsteps sound like you're treading on snow when you're actually walking on concrete. (occurs after exiting office map)
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

I have a bug that's not mentioned in the patch notes. I got a GEP gun from a WC soldier on day two, and it seems to treat normal and WP rockets the same. It always says it's got WP rockets loaded, even if I switch it to normal rockets, normal and WP rockets share the same ammo count, and both go down together when I shoot it.
What?
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

Just to clarify, this bug report that I posted was for unpatched 1.0.0, so it's not an issue due to patching a 1.0 saved game to 1.0.1:
Trafalgar wrote:I didn't read the patch notes because of the spoilers (I haven't finished the game yet), but did a search for 'unfrobbed frobber' to see if this has been fixed or reported yet instead (the search reported that 'unfrobbed' was not in any posts)

The female goat worshippers in the goat temple say something like "it is written, greet the unfrobbed frobber with the words of the Goat" or something like that. The thing is, their caption when they say that is wrong - it says something completely different. :-k
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

I just had a crash while quickloading under 1.0.1 :cry: Unlike the old quickload bug this went right away instead of stuttering the loaded game for a while and then needing to close.
Faulting application tnm.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0a522d8c.
Lots of "Critical" entries at the end of the log.
Attachments
tnm.rar
tnm.log
(6.42 KiB) Downloaded 394 times
Daggsy
NSF

Post by Daggsy »

Is the 'radioactive' storage crate in the WC basement entry area (that was causing all the troubles before) meant to be one-way? It doesn't appear to be possible to crawl down into it from above, only out from inside. Also, shouldn't the barrels be all explodey?
Ignore anything I just said, I got killed by a foldaway counter in a Downtown coffee shop.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Depends: Did you start over when you patched the game?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Daggsy
NSF

Post by Daggsy »

Yep. They look explosive/flammable, but they seem invincible.

Also, found a weird one that's probably something to do with Vista instead of you... "Run as Admin" seems to not see the saves from a regular run.
Ignore anything I just said, I got killed by a foldaway counter in a Downtown coffee shop.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Somethings I remembered:

If you try to place a mine/tranq mine and repeatedly fail there's a high chance that your inventory will lock up. You can't change from the mine, you can't drop it, can't set it, nothing. The best way to test this is to find a low ceiling and jump multiple times while trying to plant one on it, but it also happens in less weird situations too... Like trying to set a tranq mine as close to some trip lasers as you can without setting them off, or trying to set a mine on some of the ramp railing.

Reload sounds continue to play if you put away your gun while it's playing noticed it on: Trest's guns, pump gun,emp pistol( I think), and probably some others.

Refusing abom's hostage mission and then doing it uses the dialogue for if he never told you about it. ("What the fuck is this?", "Relax I didn't do it, I was just...")

Even with being a completely unseen ninja to get the painting. The guards still remain pissed at me and Shawn talks about me turning the hotel into a war zone even though nothing happened.
Daggsy
NSF

Post by Daggsy »

Rode the WC Basement cargo lift (with a large sliding door) to the upper walkway, came back later and pressed the button to call it back down and got the endless loop message:
WC Basement Lift
WC Basement Lift
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Hmm, yeah, we've had a few people report that. It shall be looked into :)
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
deego
Mole Person

Post by deego »

I was doing the WC mission where you find ZP on a balcony in Goat City, and when I got there he was hostile. I hadn't done anything to set him off, and killing him doesn't result in anything happening. He's supposed to be friendly there, right? Is there a console code that can change the status from hostile to friendly?

Also, this has probably been brought up, but when I die and immediately quickload, as in when Trestkon is still slumping down and yelling, TNM always crashes. I don't get a reason why, it just says "TNM has stopped working." I'm on Vista.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Summon zeropresence

Try that, or if that doesn't work some form of his name (ZP, zero, zerop) the full name should work though.
The clone should talk to you and tell you what you need to do.