Patch 1.0.1

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
JC_Helios
X-51

Re: Patch 1.0.1

Post by JC_Helios »

got a freeze(10-45 secs) then crash when talking to ZP at GC, asked about his relationship with Kylie, then I talked to him again "For what it's worth Kylie did talk about you a lot, apparently how you took off left its scars." frobbed him again and got the freeze and crash.
Reproducible a second time, this time the crash mentioned an "infolink1" though.
Attachments
"
"
Last edited by JC_Helios on Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stucuk
NSF

Post by stucuk »

if your friendly with the goats and go in athena's room the camera's are hostile to you, yet the worshipers that come running arn't hostile to you. Also the turrets in the stairs don't seem to pop out. Just the metal bit pops out.
stucuk
NSF

Post by stucuk »

Even if you have killed Evil Invasion, if you go into DX0's storage room and knock out/kill Kevo (Also i had the Knock Out Kevo at his helicopter mission...) you get a message from Evil Invasion talking about his helicopter codes.
NatVac
Thug

Post by NatVac »

odawali wrote:I made a save after closing the threads to enable the surface elevator at DXI. This save file would not load giving the following error:

Code: Select all

Failed launching URL
Can't find file '..\TNM\Save\Current\21_DXI_Ruins.dxs'
I tried saving a couple of more times while at DXI, but all the save files would give the same error. I left DXI and made another save at the start of Day 2, and that one worked.
I also had save problems in the same place. My symptoms were slightly different: A quicksave and two named saves made in the level (after opening the entrance by having the Firestaff and then getting knocked unconscious) will still "load" -- but the result is the same as loading the older save made after opening the entrance. Or the attempt to load a bad save will do nothing.

Of course, the way I found out was dying in the lava via the BSP hole teleport, and then discovering the previous three saves were loading the same older one.

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Mini-Crossbow with Darts shows as "FLR DART" in inventory and on the HUD when bound to a number key -- same as Flare Darts, in other words.

My biggest concerns are being addressed in 1.0.1, like the problem reloading a quicksaved game over and over*, the locked bar, and PDX HQ doors sticking half-way open (the scene with Jonas and A2 was triggering as I stepped into the doorway, guaranteeing a problem). The mod is playing unbelievably well for something so complex, and it's hard to find a permutation that was not handled.

>> Made Kylie immune to knockout damage.

While this is good for the bar, I doth protest! Yea, too much, but even so... I'm trying to avoid killing, especially that of women, and I know the encounter with Kylie in the PDX storyline is about to happen; the foreshadowing weighs a metric ton.

NSF

Post by Daggsy »

Killing Breadfan seems to turn him into just a head, some hands and a waistband, bits of the body seem to be unrendered.
Looks like Rayman.
Ignore anything I just said, I got killed by a foldaway counter in a Downtown coffee shop.
terthos
Thug

Post by terthos »

You said to continue reporting bugs here, so... I think I found one not listed. Getting hard to keep track. I'm in DXI, where the timed safe is located. I was told to blow up a power distribution box to open safe. I found the box and blew it to hell. Retrieved contents of safe. Moved on through the blast doors to where the Aug canister is surrounded by red laser triggers.
Could not get the Aug or leave the area the way I came. Is there a way out? Tried blasting what looked like windows to no available. Gave up. Reloaded a saved game. Went immediately to the power box instead of going to safe first. Duh! So Beeble never gave me the PM. Blew the box, got the Goal Complete message.

Anyhow, I still haven't figured out how to get the Aug in that room.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

stucuk wrote:Even if you have killed Evil Invasion, if you go into DX0's storage room and knock out/kill Kevo (Also i had the Knock Out Kevo at his helicopter mission...) you get a message from Evil Invasion talking about his helicopter codes.
Uh, killed Evil? How are you still playing the game if you've killed Evil Invasion in the PDX storyline?
Could not get the Aug or leave the area the way I came. Is there a way out? Tried blasting what looked like windows to no available. Gave up.
There's a button on the wall to the right of the big door. The lasers are disabled with a security PC in the other side of the mirror windows, but you can also get in through the tunnel so you don't have to disable the lasers.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Dark Reality
UNATCO

Post by Dark Reality »

Continuing from the previous topic, I reported the strange (and hopefully isolated) incident where, following a crash upon entering PDX HQ, TNM cleared my saves. Per jetsetlemming's advice, I've zipped tnm.log from deusex\system and am attaching it here (I hope this is how you do it).

I didn't read all the fixes because it was long contained spoilers. ;)
TNM.zip
Log file of TNM erasing saves following a crash.
(3.13 KiB) Downloaded 484 times
Do you love Off-Topic Productions and The Nameless Mod?
Join TNMST - The Nameless Mod Street Team - today.
Helios
Thug

Post by Helios »

I've done a search and can't find this one so here goes.

After I killed Abom Dark Templar tells me to meet him in the Voodoo shop - this is after he gave me to mission to destroy the tablets and I went there as soon as he pm'd me. I get 250 skill points investigation bonus but he is not there.
stucuk
NSF

Post by stucuk »

Jonas wrote:Uh, killed Evil? How are you still playing the game if you've killed Evil Invasion in the PDX storyline?
I didn't take the PDX storyline. Hence the bug. Proberly should have mentioned that :roll:. I was on the WC knock the guy out mission(Thought id go back into DX0 and nick some stuff). He shouldn't be in DX0 in the WC branch(Tho i never got to find him in the slums since i killed him in DX0). Btw, Good Job at anticipating someone like me would kill the pilot WC sends.
stucuk
NSF

Post by stucuk »

I killed Kevo but never killed the WC pilot(I saved, killed WC pilot, then reloaded :P), yet the helicopter crashes at ABI and That Guy sais "Nice flying hotshot". I wasn't flying it. Also got a crash on the same level.
Attachments
TNM.rar
(5.21 KiB) Downloaded 545 times
abiguardcrashloop.PNG
DEIAdventurer
Thug

Post by DEIAdventurer »

Call me blind, call me "mister can't find it", but where is the download link for the 1.0.1 patch?
I can't see it anywhere.
:-k
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Jonas wrote: due out in a few days.
The topic is mostly to inform people of what's fixed so that we don't keep reporting the same things.

I edited my post in the other forum to clarify this.
DEIAdventurer
Thug

Post by DEIAdventurer »

Oopsy, I seem to have failed to read that.
Thanks for the heads up.
Killerx20
Mole Person

Post by Killerx20 »

I get a CTD about 10 seconds after I go to the second floor of the PDX HQ everytime, on the quest of where i have to break into Despot's office and find a hidden entrance to his apartment so I can trade the DXO news script for his password

Here is a screenshot of the error message.

I cant continue this quest with it like this =(