Patch 1.0.1

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
JC_Helios
X-51

Re: Patch 1.0.1

Post by JC_Helios »

Try using the legend cheat,
or
travel 20_Despot.dx

You might also try taking the elevator instead of stairs and vice versa.

Bugs:
Why does DT think that Athena is calling him when she's standing right in front of him? Just saying....

I really hope this isn't bug because I find it quite deliciously evil to accept one ofPJ's augs and then kill him to get the other two too. Mostly because it finishes my pretty much complete destruction of everyone in DXO.

How much persistentcy are you putting into day 2? I understand guard shifts being renewed and reinforced, but having to break into the same things and disable the same things is a little annoying. Sure you can't keep track of EVERYTHING we did, the main thing I'm breading right now is breaking into PDX's sewers again and having to lock pick/break the same things.... then again I guess them re-locking stuff makes sense. I just hate having to waste stuff twice in order to destroy the exact same thing. EDIT: I see PDX is completely locked off, but you get what I mean...

The "alive body" stuff is a tiny bit wonky. One time I killed DDL by having an emp grenade go off near the body, and in DXE a guard was chasing me and happened to step on one of the elevators, I stunned him and planned to send him down so I wouldn't have to deal with him... I didn't jump off fast enough and decided to just KO him, as I rode the elevator up I got a PM about how I killed someone, and saw riding the elevator with me had killed the guard's body.

In the 1st Goat mission I had KO'd beefman, then after I killed him in the 2nd mission and went to leave I got: "Warning can not find infolink message: beefman knockoutrevenge."

The door guard to the inner templae is very un-talkative after he reminds you of the code

The MIB(WC Commando?) attacking PDX has no dialogue if he survives his assault.
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

• DXI: What's the point of the base with the Matrix-style lobby with metal detectors? None of the rooms seem to lead anywhere and you can only disable the meter detector AFTER setting it off when you enter the place.
  • Day 2: In the Corporate District, I tried picking stuff up from a Firewall that died in a shootout with the WC troopers. The friendly PDX bots and surviving Firewalls saw me, and went hostile.
  • Day 2: When A2 is in Jonas' office, saying "I'll leave you two alone for now" twice disables any further conversation. I have no way of progressing this subplot further because I didn't choose the hostile option.
Eddy Way
Thug

Post by Eddy Way »

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, I have read through but might have missed it.

I have been experiencing a weird sound bug when playing in opengl (doesnt happen in D3D). If i stack small metal boxes up I get this harsh grating sound which lasts a few seconds. Sometimes it actually happens again after you have got off the boxes. Sounds like the normal pushing sound but slowed right down and really loud.

This happened in downtown when trying to get hidden weapons and i had to reload because the sound would'nt stop. Happened again in slums near the easter eggy but it stopped on its own.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

ATC: Really like the map, lot's of exploring and options... I had wondered when I'd see the hover car from the trailer. The explosion destroys the desks on the next floor up but nothing else, so it looks a bit weird. Also the south side of the building directly west of the main entrance can be walked through. P.S. liked the mirror's edge bonus... seemed kind of lame at first because I didn't do anything particularly impressive, but as I explored more it became more fitting.

C Security guards: At PDX I had wondered why the hell they were talking about bot IFF and somewhat their talk of it being a beautiful night( Since they're inside.). Now I see that some(all?) of their lines are meant for this mission. If you have no lines for them at PDX it is fine keeping it the way it is just thought I'd bring it up.

EDIT: Ricemanu: I'm confused.... I go to the gate and it is unlocked, easily openable, I then start shooting flares at the pole for a bit and still nothing. Him opening the gate for you seems kind of useless if it's already unlocked anyway...
Last edited by JC_Helios on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stucuk
NSF

Post by stucuk »

odawali wrote:DXI: What's the point of the base with the Matrix-style lobby with metal detectors? None of the rooms seem to lead anywhere and you can only disable the meter detector AFTER setting it off when you enter the place.
You can jump over the middle bit. But you can't jump back over it due to the computer on the other side.
jakub1
Mole Person

Post by jakub1 »

hallo, I know that the text size is technically not a bug, but I really hope you include some fix into the future patch. I know there is another thread covering the possibilities how to increase the text size, but it only solve one problem by creating another one. I replaced Root=TNMGUI.tnmRootWindow with Root=DeusEx.DeusExRootWindow in ini.* file and now in many cases i can't see the whole conversation (if it is too long). this is not a big problem, but I quite offten I can't even see the given choices. i play in 1680*1050 on 20" screen and i would like to play on in native resolution. thank for answer.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

That's not a problem with the text size as much as with the fact that Deus Ex doesn't support wide screen.

The native res on my primary monitor is 1920x1200, and I play in windowed mode, 1280x1024 - it's the easiest fix.
JC_Helios wrote:Why does DT think that Athena is calling him when she's standing right in front of him? Just saying....
What exactly are you referring to?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

The holo message. He starts out by asking "What do you require high priestess?"(or some such.) Surely since Athena is standing right in front of him(I'm with the Goats, just got the last mission.) he'd automatically know that something was up.

I understand that the ABI guards are likely to be very twitchy and anxious, but should they really look around and then run for the alarm every time they hear the slightest noise?

Odwali:

Matrix room is for a certain side mission, and the computers and stuff on the top floor give some nice background

A2: This seems to be an unrecorded side event, talk to NVShacker and he will ask you to disable him. You now seem to have 3 options: Jonas, A2, NVS(though, I guess if the dialogue stops triggering you can't tell A2 to KO Jonas)
Baleout
Thug

Post by Baleout »

One of the doors in the Admin section of the gamespy ship crushed me.

I reached the Narcissus Entity on the ship, and Trestkon said something about it sending me lots of PMs, but I haven't recieved any for the whole game...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Getting crushed by the doors in the space station is not a bug, that's how they're supposed to work. Don't stand in the bloody doorways.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

This wasn't addressed in the notes, but has/can something been/be done about those of us with low resolutions and conversation/decision text appearing too big?
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost
Sergeant Kelly
Thug

Post by Sergeant Kelly »

Heh, it's a good thing Scara B. King can't be knocked out now. In my first playthrough I knocked him out and took him over to the PDX HQ. :P
It was really odd getting PM's from an unconscious guy.

I wonder if he'll still be knock-outable from poison darts though. Because that Nosferatu guy seems to shrug all KO damage off except for poison darts.
Frib
Thug

Post by Frib »

in DXI, if you choose not to listen to the archaeologist, and then continue to blow up that thing to open the timesafe, and THEN find the datacube next to that thing you've blown up, it adds it as an objective while you've done it already

In the patch notes it says the objective gets removed when you leave, so it's not that bad.

In WorldCorp, If you've chosen to follow WC's story, and you're asked to find ZP, Kylie says you should snoop around in the secret basement. So I went there and got a PM from That Guy to turn back. I went on and met That Guy. Then I went to the red greasel with the gloves, and I get another PM from That Guy that he wants me to pay him a visit, and that while I've already done so.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Patch link is in the first post! Early release for you forum folk :)
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Sergeant Kelly
Thug

Post by Sergeant Kelly »

Woo, downloading now.

Is this going to overwrite the saves?

Edit: Scratch that, read the patch's installer notes.