Patch 1.0.1

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Patch 1.0.1

Post by Trestkon »

It won't overwrite them, but it might screw up the game a bit. We'd recommend installing it before a fresh play through :)
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Jcelios
MJ12

Post by Jcelios »

Are these fixes incorporated into the main download?
Or will I have to tell people to download the main TNM and this patch?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Please let people know they have to get the patch seperately and install it when the mod itself has been installed.

When we're certain we won't be releasing any more patches, we're going to replace the main downloads with an updated one and maybe even put out a new version of the collector's edition. But clearly that'll be a while :P
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

I didn't read the patch notes because of the spoilers (I haven't finished the game yet), but did a search for 'unfrobbed frobber' to see if this has been fixed or reported yet instead (the search reported that 'unfrobbed' was not in any posts)

The female goat worshippers in the goat temple say something like "it is written, greet the unfrobbed frobber with the words of the Goat" or something like that. The thing is, their caption when they say that is wrong - it says something completely different. :-k
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

So if I wait to install the patch until just before I finish DXI, and thus have a fresh Day 2, with all untouched levels by the hands of Jetsetlemming before me, the patch theoretically shouldn't cause any problems... right? ;)

PS: I just had the (unpatched) game freeze while I was hacking the Dig site computer (too lazy to type in the name pass EO gave me :P).
Warning: Failed to load 'Class DeusEx.WeaponBlackBox': Failed to find object 'Class DeusEx.WeaponBlackBox'
This pops up like 30 times in a row in the log at the end of it, followed by
Log: Loading: Package TNMConvos1AudioMi
Which is the end of the log. Very odd.
Attachments
tnm.rar
tnm.log
(8.58 KiB) Downloaded 451 times
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Theoretically. There are two problems I can think of:

1) The dialogue audio bindings might be messed up so you could experience very distracting dialogue mismatches. Not sure if this will happen.

2) Any flags that have been erroneously set before DXI may carry over to DXI and the further game, which could cause inconsistencies (but nothing worse than what you'd get from continuing to play the unpatched version).

What you could do is back up all your conversation audio packages before patching, and if the dialogue audio is messed up, you can revert.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Would the dialog mismatches be things I'd run into anyway like lines that aren't properly given or not quite matching the subtitles, or would they be the entirely wrong lines read at the wrong subtitles?
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

Maybe this isn't exactly a bug, but if you go from the DXI Beeblequix map to the lava map and immediately turn around and head back, you'll run into a dead end. If you face back and move forward, you get a map load back to where you came from. It is possible to make the player load half a step in front of the map exit?
wicked1
Mole Person

Post by wicked1 »

when inDXI just after talking to the ghost of gwog i noticed that my skill points had all reset to untrained except for pistol which was at trained. something tells me this isnt normal.
Attachments
skills reset.JPG
Dark Reality
UNATCO

Post by Dark Reality »

Still more crashing after the patch, but not as much. I got one crash in the first area just after taking out the n00bz gang, and the second one upon trying to leave Raving's gun shop.

Inside Ravings gun shop, upstairs there's a box of pizza. I picked it up and it kept flooding my status/info box with "Can't drop that here" but I couldn't see it out in front of me, or set it down even in a wide open space.

Want my TNM.log? The second crash should be the latest thing that happened, and the pizza box issue not long before that.

Thanks again for all your work on this mod, it's a lot of fun.
TNM.zip
TNM.log zipped following crash and pizza box bug
(12.26 KiB) Downloaded 428 times
Do you love Off-Topic Productions and The Nameless Mod?
Join TNMST - The Nameless Mod Street Team - today.
HuwJones
Mole Person

Post by HuwJones »

I have just applied the patch, having run TNM once or twice before. So I go into training, and when it tells me to read the book, I do but it does not trigger the goal. I read it a few times to go through the pages but still no good. I went back and tried to do the training without doing anything out of order but it still did not proceed. Any suggestions on how to continue?

Edit : A further attempt proved this error to be transient. I'm afraid I don't have much more too add. Other than the green loading text clipping when under 1024x780.
Jcelios
MJ12

Post by Jcelios »

I believe if you check your goals screen it tells you to toggle the lamp also?
It's easy to miss but thats why you've got to read instructions carefully. :P
stucuk
NSF

Post by stucuk »

Stereo in the weapons shop has no songs to play. Clicking on Credits brings up the blank.ogg is invalid.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

I'm finishing my 1.0 game before patching so pardon if any of these are redundant:

The "ballet" WC Guard in ABI are hostile to me despite being isolated from the combat.

The game lags quite a bit after the big fight between WC and ABI. Then more with theleviathan thing.

It's a bit disappointing that I have to slaughter my comrades in order to complete the mission. Perhaps if there was some way to have them pull back when you activate the Leviathan... I know voice acting might be an issue, but it seems like a convo that could easily be spliced. Prolly don't want to do that though for quality reasons. :(
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

You work for WorldCorp - why do you give a shit about your comrades? ;)
Jetsetlemming wrote:Would the dialog mismatches be things I'd run into anyway like lines that aren't properly given or not quite matching the subtitles, or would they be the entirely wrong lines read at the wrong subtitles?
The latter I'm afraid.
DXNathan wrote:Still more crashing after the patch, but not as much. I got one crash in the first area just after taking out the n00bz gang, and the second one upon trying to leave Raving's gun shop.
I think we know what's causing the occasional conversation crash, we'll try to fix it for 1.0.2.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine