It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:56 am


Forum rules


Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Patch 1.0.1 
Author Message
NSF
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 97
Post Re: Patch 1.0.1
Not sure if this is/was an issue or not, but i'm with PDX and the Goats, and i killed Abom on a whim, and i got a goals updated message. I figured, alright i probably finished a mission out of order, no biggie? I finish the spyware mission, and Dark Templar tells me that i got rid of the goats' arch enemy and i should go to him for details. I do (he's standing outside in front of the water fountain), and no conversation happens, he just has barks of seeing the light and such. Did i break something?

_________________
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost


Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:07 am
Profile
Illuminati
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:20 pm
Posts: 2182
Post Re: Patch 1.0.1
odawali wrote:
[list]
BTW it took a couple of tries but I managed to save Ricemanu without him turning hostile. I exited through the attic immediately used playersonly (basically freezes time)

And now without cheating ;).

Some more bugs:
TNM is very well designed and gives a multiplitude of possible responses to whatever you do, but it's pretty clear they never had a truly psychopathic person run through it and add responses to that :D.
* For example if you ban both Scara and Ryan and then blow the LEET's, and exit the station (no Kylie) you get the Ryan ending (I banned you!!!) and the "Trestkon takes over the world WC denouncement"
* Going back after Midashand landed at the ATC and he will still be in the slums (nice that you can go there instead of killing people though, I didn't thought that an option because killing was the main goal!). Although when you say "later" there his convo repeats instead of going to "ready" and then the options. Also, kill Midashand, then go to the ATC. He's still there in the chopper! (you will still crash in ABI though).
* You can escape from PDX through Despot's Apartment if you kill someone (also, why no PM if done on level2, you can use the same VO since "down there" can mean down the hall as well as a whole level down?). Of course this can mess up things insanely.

And some bugs that require non-radical ideas :D.
* Would it be possible to disable saving during Radish Adventure or when you killed in PDX/Scara? For the less 2 to prevent loss of progress if you happen to save afterwards, in the first case because saving and loading there really doesn't work.
* Going back into the sewers from the ATC and Midhishand's PM has the wrong VO ("Hey Trestkon, where are you going!? Come back here, we need to go to ABI!" says "SatCom says the area is clear. I am coming in (or something like that)".
* ATC-stuff. Because it would be a pain to describe stuff I ghosted a image from above and added all the relevant information there:
Attachment:
ATC Issue Overview.jpg
ATC Issue Overview.jpg [ 209.51 KiB | Viewed 6280 times ]

_________________
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...


Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:59 am
Profile
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:21 pm
Posts: 14203
Location: Hafnia
Post Re: Patch 1.0.1
Hassat Hunter wrote:
TNM is very well designed and gives a multiplitude of possible responses to whatever you do, but it's pretty clear they never had a truly psychopathic person run through it and add responses to that :D.

Well we tried, but there are like 20 different ways to be psychopathic, and we only had one kill-everybody playthrough of each storyline, very late in development. Also one of them wasn't finished in time for release.

Quote:
Going back after Midashand landed at the ATC and he will still be in the slums (nice that you can go there instead of killing people though, I didn't thought that an option because killing was the main goal!). Although when you say "later" there his convo repeats instead of going to "ready" and then the options. Also, kill Midashand, then go to the ATC. He's still there in the chopper! (you will still crash in ABI though).

Already been reported and fixed.

Quote:
also, why no PM if done on level2, you can use the same VO since "down there" can mean down the hall as well as a whole level down?

Actually this is because you only get a PM if Kashue is on another floor from where you are, because otherwise you might shoot somebody when you're standing right next to Kashue, and it'll make no sense that he sends you a PM.

Quote:
Would it be possible to disable saving during Radish Adventure or when you killed in PDX/Scara? For the less 2 to prevent loss of progress if you happen to save afterwards, in the first case because saving and loading there really doesn't work.

Uhm aren't we already doing that in PDX? I know for a fact we're doing it with Scara. Did you actually try it? Good idea to do it in the Radish Adventure too though.

_________________
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

You can buy my games on Steam if you like 'em.
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine


Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:14 am
Profile WWW
Illuminati
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:20 pm
Posts: 2182
Post Re: Patch 1.0.1
Jonas wrote:
Actually this is because you only get a PM if Kashue is on another floor from where you are, because otherwise you might shoot somebody when you're standing right next to Kashue, and it'll make no sense that he sends you a PM.

But if you shoot someone far away it suddenly turns into combat music. I knew why, but others might be not so knowing ;). Can't there be a radius check added for level 2 (I am not that good in coding). Too far: PM. Close: a Combat VO line?

Quote:
Uhm aren't we already doing that in PDX? I know for a fact we're doing it with Scara. Did you actually try it? Good idea to do it in the Radish Adventure too though.

Well, haven't actually checked for Scara, but I could save just fine during PDX slaughtering (level 2).

_________________
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...


Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:20 am
Profile
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:21 pm
Posts: 14203
Location: Hafnia
Post Re: Patch 1.0.1
Hassat Hunter wrote:
Can't there be a radius check added for level 2 (I am not that good in coding). Too far: PM. Close: a Combat VO line?

Uh... possibly, but it's probably way more work than it's worth.

Quote:
Well, haven't actually checked for Scara, but I could save just fine during PDX slaughtering (level 2).

Okay well that's a fairly bad bug then, I'll make sure it's fixed in time for 1.0.2. And FYI, saving is disabled properly for Scara. I checked.

_________________
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

You can buy my games on Steam if you like 'em.
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine


Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:50 am
Profile WWW
UNATCO
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:42 pm
Posts: 140
Post Re: Patch 1.0.1
Hassat Hunter wrote:
odawali wrote:
[list]
BTW it took a couple of tries but I managed to save Ricemanu without him turning hostile. I exited through the attic immediately used playersonly (basically freezes time)

And now without cheating ;).

Ummm this is a bug report thread. The point was to confirm Rice can stay friendly, and I provided a means for others to replicate it in fewer trials.


Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:44 pm
Profile
Illuminati
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:20 pm
Posts: 2182
Post Re: Patch 1.0.1
He can stay friendly "if you cheat" (which pretty much makes it pointless in a bugreport kind of way.)
Unless you of course mean he stayed friendly in a non-cheatway, telling us it's possible and then provide with a mean to pass this nasty bug (like offering killall TNMDoberman to folks)?

_________________
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...


Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:01 pm
Profile
Thug
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:02 pm
Posts: 38
Post Re: Patch 1.0.1
Jonas wrote:
Okay well that's a fairly bad bug then, I'll make sure it's fixed in time for 1.0.2. And FYI, saving is disabled properly for Scara. I checked.

Sounds like we cannot expect 1.0.2 to be released today?! :? *mewls to arouse pity*


Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:20 pm
Profile
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:21 pm
Posts: 14203
Location: Hafnia
Post Re: Patch 1.0.1
No, we uh... have something secret going on that may or may not pan out, but we need a few extra days to arrange things.

_________________
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

You can buy my games on Steam if you like 'em.
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine


Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
UNATCO

Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:33 pm
Posts: 273
Location: Not quite the big city, but close...
Post Re: Patch 1.0.1
cool, hope whatever it is pans out for you guys - take your time!

_________________
http://www.heavyjack.com - Quality Programming ~ Entertainment, News, Reviews, Games and Sports TV with an emphasis on the HEAVY JACK.


Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:50 pm
Profile WWW
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:03 pm
Posts: 2820
Location: Canada
Post Re: Patch 1.0.1
Duke Floss wrote:
cool, hope whatever it is pans out for you guys - take your time!


It's not the most amazing thing ever, but it's fairly neat, anyway. We've actually just been mailed what we needed, so the patch may yet be out today, I'm just working on making the patch compatible with both 1.0.0 AND 1.0.1, which should make things simpler for people.

_________________
-Life does not snap to the x-axis


Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:21 pm
Posts: 14203
Location: Hafnia
Post Re: Patch 1.0.1
Trestkon wrote:
I'm just working on making the patch compatible with both 1.0.0 AND 1.0.1, which should make things simpler for people.

And a hundred times harder for you ;)

_________________
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

You can buy my games on Steam if you like 'em.
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine


Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:58 pm
Profile WWW
Thug
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:02 pm
Posts: 38
Post Re: Patch 1.0.1
Oh, hmm... that does indeed sound nicely!
Unfortunately i run out on distractions to keep me a away from starting my second playtrough before the patch is out...damnit!

Uh, but i've a bug for ya: There is probably no "Thursday, Apr 18" in the year 2009, concerning your newsposts!
(2013 turns out to be the next one ;))
*nervingmodusoff*


Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:06 pm
Profile
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:21 pm
Posts: 14203
Location: Hafnia
Post Re: Patch 1.0.1
irenicus wrote:
Uh, but i've a bug for ya: There is probably no "Thursday, Apr 18" in the year 2009, concerning your newsposts!
(2013 turns out to be the next one ;))
*nervingmodusoff*

Huh?

_________________
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

You can buy my games on Steam if you like 'em.
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine


Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:51 pm
Profile WWW
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:03 am
Posts: 3791
Post Re: Patch 1.0.1
you can calculate exactly which dates will be which days.

And apparently april 18 won't be a thursday till 2013.

So there.


Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:56 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.