ConSys.u

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

ConSys.u

Post by ZeroPresence »

When I try to enter a multiplayer game I get the error "ConSys.u mismatch" message. Normal DeusEx has the old ConSys file in its system directory still so what gives? No, "Just don't play multiplayer" isn't what I'm looking for... I often like to test my maps with a friend and that's all we use it for.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: ConSys.u

Post by Trestkon »

Did you replace your normal one with the modified TNM consys.u? We use a tricked out version, but that should only be in your TNM\System directory, unless you copied it over to your DeusEx\System as well.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

correct, the TNM ConSYs is just in its correct folder, the same thing happened on my laptop, where I know I haven't fiddled with the files at all. I uninstalled TNM (and cried of course) then reinstalled DX and that fixed it on the laptop. PC problem still persists though. My friend sent me his vanilla DX ConSys.u and I put it in my system folder and it still gave me the mismatch error.
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

I thought we removed the multiplayer button =/. In any event can you not just use vanilla deus ex for multiplayer? you should be be able to run vanilla fine with tnm installed.
[]KAOS[]Casey
Thug

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

rename tnm\system\consys.u to consys.u.bak or something, load TNM > pray it works.. then it should be fine for MP, hopefully.

Or

backup \tnm\system\consys.u for the hell of it

c:\deusex\system\ucc.exe conform ..\tnm\system\consys.u consys.u

Enjoy your conformed GUID/nametable and it will work. i'd recommend 2nd one.

But I dont have ucc.exe in my system folder for some reason..
I have seen code that has surely darkened my soul within the depths of the unreal engine itself.
Shameless plug for Unreal 227 patch : http://www.oldunreal.com/
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

no I am trying to use Vanilla DX to run multiplayer, I think maybe the way TNM is setup it may attempt to over power DX's ConSys despite which shortcut is used (DX or TNM). I think you knew that's what I was saying, Casey and thanks I will try that.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

[]KAOS[]Casey wrote:highly useful stuff
You are pretty handy to have around, good sir.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine