April fools

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Mep_histo
NSF

Re: Patch 1.0.2

Post by Mep_histo »

Funny! Since I noticed this thread only today, I took it for serious first. :)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: April fools: Patch 1.0.2

Post by Jonas »

Since it's no longer April 1 (at least not in any parts of the world that matter) I've changed the topic title.

Glad you guys liked it :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Quadrupled the duration of a lollerskate charge.
Hey, now thats something that should have been from start, either that or make Testkon have lollersakes on permanent.

I have a problem that might need sorting on TNM... Trestkon goes into sewers, has uranium sticks in bhis person, gets bloody by beating up people and aliens with tools. Gyou should lose 10/hp a second unless you visit a medbot and go into water and get healed and cleaned off. Also, poor Trest, no food much, starvation might be another important issue, lol.
Must now combine a dirty rag with chemicals and alcohol to create molotov cocktails. Rags can be looted from the corpses of bums and board guests.
You forgot their dirty underwear too, use that and the molotov instantly explodes bwhen lit.
We were unable to fix all the desktop crashes caused by the DXOgg player, but as a quick solution, we've converted all tracks into 8-bit midi files. This also decreases the size of the install by 200 mb.
One word...SWEET!
Increased the rate of damage ShadowCode causes to players while in their head to allow only fifteen seconds for players to find a computer console.
lol, 15 seconds! Too long if you ask me. 5 seconds is even a bit much, but eh, this is fine improvement.

One last thing... there is a problem, if you complete game with saving, it won't end correctly. Playing until your eyes bleed is the only way to get the correct ending to play as normal. Now back on to being serious. Sorry I missed this yesterday, had my laugh for today.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Majestic
Thug

Post by Majestic »

I would have also turned wireframes on so people could see the amount of time and detail that is in the level geometry and models. Other than that, this patch sounds great. Especially the aqualung fix :D
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Since this is a topic about April Fools (Somewhat) I thought I wouldst post up a cool image I found from an April Fools post at Mod DB.

http://www.moddb.com/engines/ioquake3/news/vi-oquake3
The news post^

Uh-oh, 'tis too big to use img code on so I will attach it.
Attachments
Man, that is ****ing ugly, but yet still cool somehow...<br /><br />I WANT MORE!!! XD
Man, that is ****ing ugly, but yet still cool somehow...

I WANT MORE!!! XD
heliosentity101
UNATCO

Post by heliosentity101 »

:O Youguyssssssssss :( I Almost Thought This Patch Was Real !! i'm still havin problems with gettin on the damn space shuttle !! i downloaded the patch for the patch , but it doesnt seem to be working ! :( i seriously want this to get fixed pronto , cos it annoys me to no end when the game freezes & quits for no reason when the cinematic of the space shuttle taking off starts !! :(
I eat green beret's for breakfast ! and right now I'M VERY HUNGRY !! acolor]
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Is your graphics card good or do you have enough system memory to run the cinematic? I had a problem with game crashing when a cinematic played a few times, but I relaised I did not have enough free RAM.
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

You didn't have enough free RAM to run an in-game cutscene!? How does that make sense? Surely if you have enough RAM to play the game, you have enough RAM to watch the cutscene? It's not like it's pre-rendered.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

It was just a thought, but your right. My PC has enough RAM and graphics to run the game, but it still randomly crashes with General Protection faults for no reason.
wccc
Mole Person

Re: April fools

Post by wccc »

[-o< PLEASE ADD THE ROMANCE SUBPLOT, lol sry for the caps i just think that'd make the game more fun, BTW the markistan mod has romance in the storyline :P
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

wccc wrote:[-o< PLEASE ADD THE ROMANCE SUBPLOT, lol sry for the caps i just think that'd make the game more fun
We're done adding stuff to TNM. You'll have to side with WorldCorp if you want a romance, and even then, it's fairly underplayed.
BTW the markistan mod has romance in the storyline :P
Never heard of it.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Jonas wrote:You'll have to side with WorldCorp if you want a romance, and even then, it's fairly underplayed.
Don't be so modest! You guys did an awesome job with the Scara romance-subplot!
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Nothing like a bit o' the old homoerotic subtext.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

- Implemented the big red quest arrow from BioShock at the top of the screen to avoid confusion.
But it is yellow!

Yes my necromancy skill is coming along quite nicely, thanks for asking
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Wow, I should play through again. I thought it was underplayed, but occasionally explicit (eg. Scara's "Trescock"), though I didn't pay much attention after that.