All of my augs and skills are gone!

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
erfi
Mole Person

All of my augs and skills are gone!

Post by erfi »

When leaving the ruins, I noticed that my augs and skills were removed/put to the lowest level after my character falls unconscious. I thought this was just part of the game, but that doesn't look like it anymore. I still have all of my inventory, but every augmentation (besides the ones you start with), upgrade, and skill is gone. Is there any way to get them back? I did have my game patched, if that means anything. Thanks.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: All of my augs and skills are gone!

Post by Jonas »

Sorry to say this but you've encountered a particularly unpleasant bug that we know about but that we're having a very hard time fixing. What happens is that if you save in the ruins map after closing the threads, loading that savegame will nuke your character progress - it's very likely that your flags were messed up too, severely damaging the gameplay logic.

I hope you've kept a savegame from before you entered the ruins. As far as I know, loading an earlier savegame is the only way to fix this.

It would be a massive, MASSIVE help if you could find the folder with your latest savegame and zip it up and attach it to this thread. It shouldn't be too big since it only contains the DXI maps.

I'm very sorry about this.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
erfi
Mole Person

Post by erfi »

It's not really a huge deal; I've got enough ammo to make it a fun challenge. Also, for some reason (it may be the same glitch or because I killed Scara's people in Day 1 and knocked him out), but everybody from WorldCorp is friendly to me even though I've worked completely against them. I even went as far as to murder all of Scara's guards infront of him and all he did was assign me a mission.

Anyway, the closest save file to the glitch is when I returned to the corporate district, so hopefully that helps. It's 10.2 MB when zipped up, so things are going very slow when I try to attach it here; can I just email to you? Also, is there any way I can put a cheat in to get some skill points or augs? I just want to be able to hack and jump again. Thanks for your quick help in all of this.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Seeing how the bug probably deleted all your flags, you're going to be experiencing quite a lot of problems like that. I'm guessing there were no enemies in the slums when you returned from DXI either? You may also find characters you've already killed will be making a reappearance as though nothing ever happened.

And I'm sorry but I can't use your savegame if you've left DXI, I need one from inside DXI, as the DXI maps are deleted from your savegames when you leave the mission.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine