TNM crashes when I try to leave the WC building.

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
malc
Mole Person

TNM crashes when I try to leave the WC building.

Post by malc »

My story so far: I've joined up with the PDX, I've done every available side-quest (that I am aware of) in the three main areas; now I've freed the Silver Dragon, gone back to PDX HQ, and gone back to the WC building again to ruin their servers and what not. At this point I've completed my primary and secondary objectives in the building thoroughly and violently (I believe I've killed or destroyed every living/mechanical thing in the building except for on the fourth floor, except the greasels and a spider bot in the vents I can't be bothered to zap).

I've also been down to the subfloor that doesn't exist and stolen the UC schematics or whatever it was I took off that computer, with a translucent That Guy looking very frightened and running off for some reason despite the fact that I couldn't off him no matter how many intercontinental ballistic missiles I rammed up his various crevices. I have a feeling that it's this last bit that's causing my problem, but if that's the case, why didn't my next elevator/staircase transition take me to the big wossisname in the digital room that kills me because I killed the wrong number?

My claustrophobic conundrum: When I try to take the stairs or the elevator to the 1st floor to leave the damn place, TNM consistently crashes with a critical error message (which is semi-consistent - I get one of two or three different messages at the same time). In order to get TNM to work at all I completely reinstalled Deus Ex, patched the game, installed TNM, patched TNM, which worked like a charm up to the current point.
JC_Helios
X-51

Re: TNM crashes when I try to leave the WC building.

Post by JC_Helios »

Have you tried the 2nd, 3rd, 4th floors? do those work? With a little stacking, or grenade climbing you can reach the sewer exit to get out of WC. From there you'd have to do a bit more grenade climbing or use opensesame on the grate with the spider bot on the other side.
malc
Mole Person

Post by malc »

Every floor works except the one that gets me out of the building.

Having tried the sewer route, I can also say that the game crashes whenever I try leave the sewer.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I'd like to get your crash log and a screenshot of your error message. Without knowing more about the errors you're getting, there's nothing we can do to fix your problem.

After the game crashes, please find TNM.log in \DeusEx\System\ and zip it up and attach it to this thread along with a screenshot of the error message.

Thank you.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

There's also another exit... from the WC 2nd floor that I just remembered, it's hard to find, gotta jump up somewhere, or lockpick a vent to get out that way. I doubt it would help though.

If you updated from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 while in WC and it's a OGG crash you should definitely update to the "chocobo" version in the stickied OGG topic.
malc
Mole Person

Post by malc »

I've been playing from a fresh install.

Screw it - I'll save my progress, go back to an earlier save, and go from there. If I encounter this problem again on this or another playthrough, excpect a bump.