Shifter + TNM: Status

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
kdawg88
MJ12

Re: Shifter + TNM: Status

Post by kdawg88 »

I frequently used to pick Combat Strength but found I rarely used it...Microfibral Muscle is the far more entertaining option as it allows you to do some very strange stuff with big objects...like dropping them on top of enemies for example.
TheUnbeholden
NSF

Post by TheUnbeholden »

Yeah :D either way, theres a really clear choice as to which one to use so you'll be ignoring one or the other at some point. Which makes the merge all the more sensible ;) And we wouldn't have Electrostatic Discharge which would be a real shame.

Another interesting thing to note, is that TNM replaces swimming skill with Fists. I don't think I ever did swim (except in that small harbour near that boat, and once in the Goat city but that was way to short to count). But what I don't get is why Aqualung aug is still in TNM. I mean does TNM have other swimming sections? Could have replaced it with something else or added other advantages to it that would allow you to use it regularly.
"Blood is a Passion"
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Aqualung is still in primarily because we don't have anything to replace it by. We were more interested in tweaking the features of the existing augs than adding our own. We did try to add a bot domination aug a'la Invisible War, which would in fact have replaced Aqualung, but we could never really make it work.

There are a few other swimming sections in TNM - there's a hidden underground, underwater cave in the Goat Templae for example, which requires a rebreather if you don't have Aqualung, and there's several underwater sections in the Corporate and Slum sewers.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Xfing
Thug

Post by Xfing »

I know necroing is bad, but since this thread is stickied, there's not much reason not to do it.

Shifter 1.8.4 and TNM 1.0.4+ work quite well together and the problems are minor and mostly aesthetic. The features that don't work are:

- Random loot Rate of Fire mods totally not recognized by any weapon.
- Weapon damage values are those of the original Deus Ex (crowbar is 6 rather than 12, PS20 is 25 rather than 75 etc.)
- The Gibinator doesn't gib, it only kills. Same with the PHAT-Rifle.
- Can't replace augs at the medbot. They still can be upgraded per the TNM feature (the icon is blue), but not replaced with different ones as Shifter allows to.
- No Shifter alt-fire modes (flamethrower, sawed-off shotgun, melee weapons). Those are just absent.

Yuki, where are you these past two years? There's still stuff you could implement into Shifter. And its compatibility with TNM. Copying the TNM feature of being able to finish off unconscious people would be very, very welcome, for example.
boct1584
Thug

Post by boct1584 »

Xfing wrote:- Random loot Rate of Fire mods totally not recognized by any weapon.
TNM uses its' own set of weapons (weaponTNMPistol, weaponTNMAssaultGun, etc.) which Shifter does not know of, nor have compatibility for in its' new items.
- Weapon damage values are those of the original Deus Ex (crowbar is 6 rather than 12, PS20 is 25 rather than 75 etc.)
I think that happens because those are stored in the .u and .int files, and the TNM ones take priority, and those are based on vanilla.
- The Gibinator doesn't gib, it only kills. Same with the PHAT-Rifle.
I noticed that during my first WorldCorp playthrough last year.
- Can't replace augs at the medbot. They still can be upgraded per the TNM feature (the icon is blue), but not replaced with different ones as Shifter allows to.
That is a function of the TNM custom medbots. Shifter was supposed to remove them and replace them with Shifter medbots, but there were some problems that caused Shifter to remove the TNM medbot and not place a Shifter medbot, which happened to me a bunch of times. Yuki added a failsafe so that the TNM medbot would not be removed until and unless a Shifter medbot was spawned.
- No Shifter alt-fire modes (flamethrower, sawed-off shotgun, melee weapons). Those are just absent.
Again, that's because TNM uses its' own version of the weapons instead of Deus Ex's versions.
Yuki, where are you these past two years? There's still stuff you could implement into Shifter. And its compatibility with TNM. Copying the TNM feature of being able to finish off unconscious people would be very, very welcome, for example.
He recently put up a release candidate for v1.9 on Shifter's ModDB page. http://www.moddb.com/mods/shifter1/down ... er-v19-rc0
saveinsta1
Mole Person

Post by saveinsta1 »

SaveInsta created by saveinsta.net.in, is a convenient application that enables you to download any Instagram story to your device with complete anonymity.