Shifter + TNM: Status

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Shifter + TNM: Status

Post by Jonas »

Y|yukichigai wrote:
Jonas wrote:
Y|yukichigai wrote:I caught the swine flu and delays seemed inevitable.
Were you at PAX? :P
Yes, actually. I started coming down with symptoms the last day of the event. Sort of ruined the last half of my vacation, but at least I got to enjoy PAX before death was upon me.
That's good, then I don't have to be too jealous of you.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

I'll be sure and test it some with 1.0.3

So far I've noticed:
The NPCs spawning with food items at their feet glitch still exists. Usually it's soda, beans or ketchup.
Alt-fire doesn't work for TNM melee weapons, actually... I couldn't even find the alt fire command in the controls... though I'm pretty sure it still works (I've pressed the alt fire button while having a scoped gun equipped and I'm pretty sure it zoomed)
Other than those two I haven't noticed anything obvious.

By the way if you survive Swine flu... would it be possible to make the pumpgun show multiple laser dots? Right now a pumpgun with a laser sight is basically a pistol that requires three spaces.
Y|yukichigai
UNATCO

Post by Y|yukichigai »

JC_Helios wrote:I'll be sure and test it some with 1.0.3

So far I've noticed:
The NPCs spawning with food items at their feet glitch still exists. Usually it's soda, beans or ketchup.
Alt-fire doesn't work for TNM melee weapons, actually... I couldn't even find the alt fire command in the controls... though I'm pretty sure it still works (I've pressed the alt fire button while having a scoped gun equipped and I'm pretty sure it zoomed)
Other than those two I haven't noticed anything obvious.

By the way if you survive Swine flu... would it be possible to make the pumpgun show multiple laser dots? Right now a pumpgun with a laser sight is basically a pistol that requires three spaces.
The food spawn glitch irks me. Just when I think I fix it, not so much. Ahh well, more to do.

Alt-fire for TNM weapons is probably just not possible. They're their own separate class and I don't think I can generalize enough code to make knife-throwing (for example) workable.

I'll see what I can do with the pumpgun. It's a serious enough issue that I should do something about it.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Some of these may be TNM, or patch quirks.

I scrambled a PDX mill bot and then pissed off the nearby firewalls several times. Each time the bot would eventually stop firing and become a gold fish. It'd forget about the firewalls attacking it and walk back to it's starting position, but then it'd detect the enemy firewalls again, turn to attack them.... and then do nothing, forget, head back to starting point, target acquired, nothing, forget, head back to start, etc. Could it be because the firewalls were neutral to me after my bot distracted them?

There are also still the HDTP bugs in the intro, as well as for the man shitting in Sol's and probably other things too.

Trestkon still starts untrained in Pistols and if you upgrade pistols you are then unable to downgrade them in the new game screen.
Last edited by JC_Helios on Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

JC_Helios wrote:would it be possible to make the pumpgun show multiple laser dots? Right now a pumpgun with a laser sight is basically a pistol that requires three spaces.
But why would you want to fix that? That's basically why the pump-gun exists! :P
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

More stuff:

Negative skill points for killing allies aren't happening.

Headshot bonuses don't seem to be happening

Damage threshold isn't being displayed

Ammo counts are very wrong. Every time I kill a shotgun enemy it says I'm picking up 37-38 shells, and when I kill a pistol enemy it says 21 bullets. With both i'm not actually picking up those amounts.
boct1584
Thug

Post by boct1584 »

Just a few things so far (using 1.8.3 b1);

1. The PHAT-Rifle is no longer making people explode. When they would otherwise explode, they keel over as if I'd used a regular firearm.
2. The Weapon Mod (Rate of Fire) isn't compatible with any of the TNM-version weapons.
3. (Related to 2) you can't multi-prime the TNM shotguns.
boct1584
Thug

Post by boct1584 »

Not sure there's anything that can be done about this one, but the Goat High Priestess in the Goat Templae respawns infinitely (it seems; not finished with the quest down there) and you can get skill points every time you kill her.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

For some reason all my medical bots are gone. So far I've counted: The one in PDX, the one in WC's secret basement, and the one in Scara's secret escape elevator.
Renmazuo
Thug

Post by Renmazuo »

JC_Helios wrote:For some reason all my medical bots are gone. So far I've counted: The one in PDX, the one in WC's secret basement, and the one in Scara's secret escape elevator.

I just registered so I could ask about this very same issue after spending an hour turning PDX HQ upside down looking for the bloody medbot. :roll:

Looks like I'll have to remove Shifter for the time being if I'm to use any augs in TNM...; seeing as I chose the hardest difficulty that's probably a good idea!

I also noticed weird deformed objects like empty soda cans but I believe this behavior has already been attributed to Shifter as well.

Oh Shifter, thou art a cruel mistress.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Renmazuo wrote:I just registered so I could ask about this very same issue after spending an hour turning PDX HQ upside down looking for the bloody medbot.
I also noticed weird deformed objects like empty soda cans but I believe this behavior has already been attributed to Shifter as well.
I've just been doing summon medicalbot every time there should be a medbot.

As for the deformed objects I think you're referring to the HDTP support bugs. Basically custom stuff from TNM and Zodiac* sometimes triggers the support and Shifter decides to turn: rockets, pots, a framed credit, etc. Into: pots, soda, lights, potted plants, etc.

*(two words : Foliage rockets!)
Renmazuo
Thug

Post by Renmazuo »

Actually no, my problem is more like objects looking nothing like what they're supposed to OR anything else in the game that I'm yet aware of. I just went in and took a screencap.

Sorry it's dark but you can get the idea. To the right of the 'dj deck' are what are supposed to be two empty cans, while on the left side of the monitor the well known candy bar and soda from vanilla DX are rendered fine. The problem seems to only affect objects unique to TNM.

My first suspicion was that it was a rendering glitch caused by the beta OpenGL renderer I was using. However a new main release version of the renderer was JUST released, and I quickly replaced the beta and removed the lines from deusex.ini that were specific to it (mostly per pixel lighting stuff). Unfortunately this did not solve the problem, unless I'm mistaken and I just need to start a new game to fix it. I also tried toggling all manner of hacks and options in the advanced preferences to no avail.

I was browsing through the HDTP forum earlier and saw a report of similar behavior being caused by Shifter which was what led me to that conclusion. If HDTP is indeed the culprit then I have to express my admiration that it can screw things up without me even downloading it first. =D>

Almost forgot, thank you for that medbot command! I never had any reason to learn any cheats or commands aside from preferences so I wasn't even aware you could do that (obviously).
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yep, it's Shifter. But the objects you see do exist in the game, though. The DJ deck is looking like a vase, for example.

Which version of Shifter are you using?
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Renmazuo
Thug

Post by Renmazuo »

Jonas wrote:Yep, it's Shifter. But the objects you see do exist in the game, though. The DJ deck is looking like a vase, for example.

Which version of Shifter are you using?
Aha, I sit corrected. Just didn't LOOK like any actual objects with the wrong textures applied I guess. It's Shifter 1.8.3 the latest. TNM itself is at 1.0.2 since I didn't see the download for 1.0.3, but I doubt that makes any difference.

Graphical errors notwithstanding I think I should be able to make it through the rest of the game now without restarting, so that I will do. Much obliged for the super quick help gentlemen!
Y|yukichigai
UNATCO

Post by Y|yukichigai »

JC_Helios wrote:For some reason all my medical bots are gone. So far I've counted: The one in PDX, the one in WC's secret basement, and the one in Scara's secret escape elevator.
Oops. Yeah, I checked my code. I forgot to include the standard "don't delete the old one until the new one is in place" code. Not sure why it wouldn't be able to make MedBots though. I'll have to test this more thoroughly.

Ahh well, another feature for v1.8.4.