Can't find ConCamera in file 'ConCamera DeusEx.ConCamera1'

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
njkpnuy
Mole Person

Can't find ConCamera in file 'ConCamera DeusEx.ConCamera1'

Post by njkpnuy »

Warning: Failed to load '..\TNM\Save\Current\20_FCSlums.dxs': Can't find ConCamera in file 'ConCamera DeusEx.ConCamera1'
Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find ConCamera in file 'ConCamera DeusEx.ConCamera1'

I saved my game right before I talked to the weapons dealer in the slums and when I tried to open the save afterwards it gives me this error. Any ideas? It's my only save. :/

A quick google search says that concamera is related to cameras, actors and animations, if that's any help.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Can't find ConCamera in file 'ConCamera DeusEx.ConCamera1'

Post by Jonas »

Well first of all, why oh why would you only keep one save? This is a 9 years old game that has no qualms fucking you over irrevocably if you mess up; you need to save early, you need to save often, and you need to save in different slots.

ConCamera isn't even our class.

The only thing I can think of is to start a new game, type "travel 20_fcslums" into the console, maybe go about redoing some of the things you did in your other savegame, like picking up the same items and killing or knocking out any people you might have killed or knocked out, then save your game near Glottis, quit it, go to your new savegame folder (it should have fewer maps than your broken save) and copy 20_FCSlums.dxs out of it. Then BACK UP 20_FCSlums.dxs from your broken savegame folder and overwrite it with the one from your new save. Then cross your fingers and load your broken savegame.

And then start keeping severate savegames from now on, alright?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
njkpnuy
Mole Person

Post by njkpnuy »

I cheated my way back to where I was, luckily I'd made another save a fair way back so it wasn't too hard to get back to where I was. However, when I try to get the train to the west residences district from the area with PDX and WC it gives me the concamera error. Any ideas?

EDIT: The same thing occurs when I use travel 20_fcslums.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Well I'm sorry to say this but to be honest it kinda looks like it's time to reinstall the game.

I assume you're playing with a fully patched DX and TNM? And no Shifter?
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
njkpnuy
Mole Person

Post by njkpnuy »

I reinstalled the mod and tried the new game travel trick and it worked, thanks. :D
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Cool, here's hoping your troubles are over :)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine