Legend vs. TNM debug window

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Dark Reality
UNATCO

Legend vs. TNM debug window

Post by Dark Reality »

Whenever I use the LEGEND cheat, the debug window (where you enter the cheats) doesn't disappear, and when I'm done with the LEGEND menu, the debug window is still there, and there's no way to close it without saving, exiting the program, starting it back up again, and loading the save game.
Do you love Off-Topic Productions and The Nameless Mod?
Join TNMST - The Nameless Mod Street Team - today.
odawali
UNATCO

Re: Legend vs. TNM debug window

Post by odawali »

I wouldn't exactly call this a bug since cheats and debug tools are provided as-is. Just use Talk whenever you need to use the legend menu.
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

yeah. Worth reporting but probably wont be fixed
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

After using legend, press ` (or whatever your open console/debug window key is, if that's not it), and then press esc as normal to close the debug window. Hitting ` magically fixes whatever's wrong with the console/debug window. (Don't ask me why, I just figured that if the debug window wasn't responding to keypresses I should try pressing that again to see if it fixed it before trying something more extreme, and it worked)
[]KAOS[]Casey
Thug

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

That is just how uwindow works {At least in unreal, I do not know how it was reimplemented here.} Pressing escape will do the trick usually. It has something to do with console.gotostate('') with a window still up, instead of properly closing the window. The legend window assumes it's the only window active I guess. Should be a really easy fix if I knew where to look..
I have seen code that has surely darkened my soul within the depths of the unreal engine itself.
Shameless plug for Unreal 227 patch : http://www.oldunreal.com/