Crash in space station

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
deuxhero
UNATCO

Crash in space station

Post by deuxhero »

When I get into the combat the sec bots near the offices (or whatever the area with all the cubicles is called) in the space station, the game freezes after a short time. I don't know what is causeing it, because I have to manaually Crtl+alt+del to get out (and reset my comp because the colours are screwed.)

I have had this happen twice
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Crash in space station

Post by Jonas »

It's been fixed 1.0.2. Probably. In the mean time, don't stir up trouble I guess.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Antipilor
Mole Person

Post by Antipilor »

I'm getting the same problem, only in the command center. Right after killing the overseer. I'm updated to 10.2.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Overseer?

But yeah, droids (and TNMDoberman) tend to crash the game (lock up, no error) if they get somewhere without any possible way back to their pathing nodes. Pretty annoying; but the best way to avoid that is kill/blow them up, or just not make them follow you into obscure map geometry.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Antipilor
Mole Person

Post by Antipilor »

Hmm, well I'm not sure because I have only been able to make it up the stairs once, but I'm pretty sure the only opponents are different aliens. Anyone know the class name for them so I can just killall?
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

I think it's "AlienPhaser", but I am not sure (can't check... don't use TNM on this PC)...
green-greasy-greasel
Mole Person

Post by green-greasy-greasel »

ah yes i ran into this bug. my solution was to type: 'killall Alien' into the console. hope this helps Antipilor.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

The normal aliens are "Alien"
The blue Aliens are "Phaser" (so not "AlienPhaser" like I said before)

If it's just too many enemies for your PC Alien should work, but if it's specifically the blue enemies teleporting you have to use Phaser.
You could also just nuke them both, but what's the fun in that?