Patch 1.0.2

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Re: Patch 1.0.2

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Jonas wrote:Nah those were all cut, implemented in some of the conversations instead. We decided it was undesirable to punish you for adapting your play style to the situation instead of sticking to a particular style. Glad to hear the bulletin worked though :P
All that killing of innocents for nothing... oh well... It was fun :D.
Mode wrote:Could you please put that in a cinematic so it can be skipped?
Aside from what Jonas mentioned you should be possible to frob him even during his sermon, and get the conversation you talked about.

And since I am making a post here; might aswell give the latest intelligence:
* Because of the earlier mentioned bug I couldn't properly start the Zero quest. However picking up the datapad in his appartment did add the quest. However, he doesn't appear at all in Goat City :(. Haven't tried yet wheter I can talk to Scara now and make him spawn however...
* Kylie (dead) calls Zero :lol:
* Password convo with That Guy repeats on day 2. Probably make it last to mission23 like the opening conversation since 1.0.2?
* DT LIES! He doesn't drop the promised rewards after the Beefman mission if you have no space, and you cannot talk to him about it again. (After botching up the Holy Tablets mission)
1.0.2 log wrote:"- Fixed the Goat Templae inner entrance guard not having any subsequent lines."
Only on day 2. This issue is still present on day 1.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

When you've spoken to DT about the first Goat mission to destroy the tablets, and you speak to him again, his speech goes into the form of a conversation rather than a bark. All he says is that the destruction of the tablets will hurt llama morale, but you don't say anything back to him so i found it odd that it'd go into conversation mode rather than just a regular bark.
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

I dunno if this has been mentioned else where but i have noticed that the conversation with Despot is a bit messed up... :/ Trestkon doesnt say the lines that come up on the subtitles and the lines he does say dont make sense... The subtitles do though and Despots lines are all okay and working...

Ohh yh and when u buy a augmentation cannister (not the upgrade) from Kunio Kun or whatever his name is.. In Sols, It gave me 2 aqualung/enviromental resistance cannisters... is that supposed to happen... I was sure he was supposed to only give u one... :?: not that its to much of a problem i was just mentioning it... :roll:

BTW.. I found these both on my Worldcorp Playthrough... :)
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Anyone seen this error? I got it when I joined the Goats, went back to Llama temple, and tried to go in temple but cant and now the player walks really slow and can't seem to fix it. Any ideas?
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hey thanks for the screenshot, we've heard this problem mentioned before. Will look into it.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

OK, I saved just when I got that error I just posted screenshot about and when I reloaded the save game I got PMs from Phasmatics saying I had enough money for a subway pass and one from Scara B King asking why I never went to see him yet or got a subway pass and I have done those things already. The game acted like I had just got enough money for a subway pass but had not got one yet. I got a PM after this from Phasmatics saying how to get a subway pass.

Is there anyway to fix the slow walkspeed of the player via console or the way you use cheats? Its annoying moving about so slowly

Edit: After I got the error I posted about, what actually happened was the game flags and goals reset themselves, minus I still had to go to PDX for my reward for stopping shadowcode as that goal was still there, but since everything reset I can't do this and probably have to do that mission again! Sucks!!!
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

I can't help you with the reset flags, but in order to "fix" the temple, start a new game. Type "legend" in the console. Load 20_LlamaTemple, save.
Then; in explorer copy that map over from the save you made to the save you use.

If you have an older save it's probably better to return there though, having reset all flags can cause some serious gamebreaking stuff.

Anyway... more bugs from Moi:
* I can now confirm it: The WC Sewers door (near the 120% health bot) cannot possibly be walked through on day 2.
* You can still torture a dead Kevo, getting 2 Midashand's.
* Each time Midashand fails to hand the staff you get 2 "Goal Updated" logs (but asfar as I can tell, no goaldescriptions actually change, so it's probably a finished goal reupdating).
* Slums Sewers has a half-buried napalm cannister (first entry point contaminated water).
* Clipping issues with the water in the Slums Sewer. It's a little bit too high, making the swimming animation clip you through the roof. The completely flooded section doesn't have this, just where you can still breathe on top (as can be seen in the screenshot):
Shot0056.jpg
* There is a WC Computer in the ATC?
* The jumping over the wall near the heli is fixed, but the others not yet (although I do know they were reported close to 1.0.2's release, so I didn't really expected them gone). Here are 2 other ways to get a Trestkon stuck in the ATC:
Shot0059.jpg
Shot0060.jpg
* "Hey, Trestkon, where are you going!? Come back here, we need to go to ABI!" PM uses the VO "SatScan says that's the last of them, I'm touching down on the helipdad next to the ATC."
* TNMDoberman also have DEFAULT weapon
* My very first TNMDoberman crash! Yay! Why? Because they fell into the area with pipes next to the entrance (chasing me), and found no way out.
* X-to-1 grenade issue also when captured by Splicer (makes sense if it's there with ZP).
* Extreme nitpicking ahoy :D: the "ballet" WC conversation in ABI. The person who says the other should depart leaves.
* Trestkon guns loose Silencer YES when going for ABI. It still has the silencer, but it's not shown in the UI (BOUGHT_Andreas_PistolSilencers expiring in 23 is the probably cause).
* DDL_Dead flag is NOT created when he dies. Some silly mapper forgot BImportant=True ;P? Or different name (unlikely)? At least he shows up during the endmovie and denounement when he shouldn't.
* Ryan (and DDL, but see above) shows up during the WC- No Kylie endings when banned. However he doesn't walk up like he does when he is *supposed* to be there.
* The Scara WC endings end (go to the credits) before the final quote is completed.
* For the WTF-department. The Leviathan activates if I stand here:Image
However, it's not set to attack anything, so it gets stuck on the WC blockade. You still need to manually activate it from the console.
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

Yo, that is kinda weird.

It's not so much a bug, as it is a bit of an issue that i had with a mission. I"m with the Goats, and the first mission had me destroy the tablets. That's well and good, but along the way i killed Beefman. Now, the second mission has me kill Beefman. My issue is that in the first mission you're really cramped up in that temple and it's sort of unavoidable (for me at least) to not kill him. So, when they ask me to kill him on day two, it's a bit odd seeing as he's already dead. I didn't check the public news terminals if his death was reported on day one and two, but i'm assuming it was.

I went in on day two, slaughtered some hostiles, didn't find Beefman, as i'd expected, and left. I got my reward fine, it just seemed weird that i'd have to do that. Again, not really an issue, but it does feel a bit messed up. I guess you could, i dunno, take him out of the map during the first mission so he's there to kill during the second, but then that'd take away from the openness of it all. Eh, it was pretty cool though.

Maybe i can imagine that they really wanted me to slaughter some heretics.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Well, I think that is based on the assumption you *should* not know how to kill Beefman on day 1 (by destroying the turrets).
Of course having that datapad with that information present on day 1 is a little silly if that is the intention, but I never got the idea it should be there anyway (on day 1 that is).
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

I agree. But, for me, i figure if there are hostile turrets that can mince me up, i'm gonna do my best to blow 'em up. I think getting rid of the datapad is a good idea though. It felt odd that it should just be there for me to access at any time.
irenicus
Thug

Post by irenicus »

A few bugs i recently noticed:

A crash occured after dying in "Radish Adventure"!
radish_bug.JPG
After completing a game and then loading a save, i have no sounds (only music). I have to restart the game to gain the sounds back!

If i question Narcissus(space station) about random things, Narcissus voice output is broken.
nopushbutton
Thug

Post by nopushbutton »

Erm, I didn't see this bug in the thread, so I'll go ahead and post it:

In Raving's Weapon Shop, I tried to buy the Napalm Launcher (this was on Day 2),
but I didn't have the right open slots in my inventory. The option to buy the launcher
was removed from the conversation when I tried to buy it after making room,
even though I didn't get the launcher or pay for it.
povuholo
Thug

Post by povuholo »

I'm not sure where exactly this is, but there's this medical center building thing with bums in it at the bottom and thugs planning to export melk on the top level. The top level is trapped with several LAMs.

The first LAM you see which is on a wall on your right side as you make your way up is not properly attached to the wall, but floating a few centimeters away from it instead.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

S'not a bug: all LAMs planted on walls are actually hovering an inch or two out from the surface.

It's 'crappy mesh offset and collision coding' by the DX team...but on the other hand: it makes grenade climbing possible.

For this I am more than willing to overlook it. :)
nopushbutton
Thug

Post by nopushbutton »

Another minor nitpick:
Chris the Cynic's day two conversation about the Priory of Zion had a lot of inconsistencies between the subtitles and the audio, especially towards the middle of it. Also, "laity" was spelled as "layity" at one point in the dialogue.

Really interesting stuff, though. :)