Patch 1.0.2

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
grueti
Mole Person

Re: Patch 1.0.2

Post by grueti »

yersterday I started a new game of TNM 1.0.2.

I didn't get the scara PM about the free metro ticket at all.

I never did get i early.

But i got the PM from Scara and King Kashue about working for one of them at the exit of
the arpartment.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I did it. Hey guys it's not when it's where. Try getting KK's PM just before the door as you exit. I got Scara's PM before Phas's.
Edit:This after loading a save before seeing PHas but now i think of it the first time this happened i didn't save.
Last edited by bobby 55 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

bobby 55 wrote:Sorry Hassat but nothing i have tried triggers Scara's PM.
Well, I haven't tried it yet myself (yes, I know, shame on me), but if that doesn't work it definitely doesn't seem like it's shifted through saves, but just not reset when a new game is started. Which makes fixing it a lot easier for Jonas and crew.
As for the people getting it on the first run, did you re-install DX too, or already had some games before playing TNM? If not, it might be DX values got accidenitly copied (not sure about that one)?

Normally I never get the Scara PM, but during my test runs I got them 100% guaranteed. What I did:
Load an older save with 1000+ credits.
New game, easiest game setting, start (not applied skill points).
Used the left elevator before the first PM was over, not talking to anyone, going to lvl 4.
Talking to Phas, always the upper option.
Go down level 1 and exit (both during KK and waiting after KK is done got me Scara's message).
I just figure editing the dialogue will be easier than placing a trigger in the map.
Well, Jonas mentioned ConEdit can't read or set numeric flags, so no... a maptrigger is definitely needed in that case.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Hassat Hunter wrote:
bobby 55 wrote:Sorry Hassat but nothing i have tried triggers Scara's PM.
Well, I haven't tried it yet myself (yes, I know, shame on me), but if that doesn't work it definitely doesn't seem like it's shifted through saves, but just not reset when a new game is started. Which makes fixing it a lot easier for Jonas and crew.
As for the people getting it on the first run, did you re-install DX too, or already had some games before playing TNM? If not, it might be DX values got accidenitly copied (not sure about that one)?

Normally I never get the Scara PM, but during my test runs I got them 100% guaranteed. What I did:
Load an older save with 1000+ credits.
New game, easiest game setting, start (not applied skill points).
Used the left elevator before the first PM was over, not talking to anyone, going to lvl 4.
Talking to Phas, always the upper option.
Go down level 1 and exit (both during KK and waiting after KK is done got me Scara's message).
I just figure editing the dialogue will be easier than placing a trigger in the map.
Well, Jonas mentioned ConEdit can't read or set numeric flags, so no... a maptrigger is definitely needed in that case.
You were posting at the same time
loony636
UNATCO

Post by loony636 »

Hassat Hunter wrote:Well, Jonas mentioned ConEdit can't read or set numeric flags, so no... a maptrigger is definitely needed in that case.
Bah, that'll teach me to leave it to the experts. I've only done very limited modding in KotOR, in which setting variables in conversations is loads easier than setting them by triggers.
Hassat Hunter wrote:Load an older save with 1000+ credits.
Since the latest hypothesis seems to be variables carried over by saves, could you try exactly the same set up again without loading the save before? And perhaps loading the save, shutting down the game, then starting a new game? I would, but I don't have an old save lying around.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Since the latest hypothesis seems to be variables carried over by saves, could you try exactly the same set up again without loading the save before? And perhaps loading the save, shutting down the game, then starting a new game? I would, but I don't have an old save lying around.
Didn't read that, considering you added it after I already read you reply.
Sure; I can try that. After all running back and forth to Phas only takes a min or 2. Less hassle than, say, crashing Athena ;).
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

It happens when you are about three quarters of the way to the door and as soon as KK finishes PMing you, transition straight away.
Mole Person

Post by 459 »

Is there any idea how soon is the 1.0.3 expected to come? I initially tried to play TNM 1.0.1 immediately after it came out but after getting stuck in one of those HQ's (can't remember exact details anymore) I decided to wait for the mod to get patched up more. Starting now, I'm having a two-week holiday and I'd love to spend it playing TNM with presumably more stable 1.0.3.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

459 wrote:Is there any idea how soon is the 1.0.3 expected to come? I initially tried to play TNM 1.0.1 immediately after it came out but after getting stuck in one of those HQ's (can't remember exact details anymore) I decided to wait for the mod to get patched up more. Starting now, I'm having a two-week holiday and I'd love to spend it playing TNM with presumably more stable 1.0.3.
It'll be out this week :) Current delay is entirely my fault, sorry about the wait.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Trestkon wrote:
459 wrote:Is there any idea how soon is the 1.0.3 expected to come? I initially tried to play TNM 1.0.1 immediately after it came out but after getting stuck in one of those HQ's (can't remember exact details anymore) I decided to wait for the mod to get patched up more. Starting now, I'm having a two-week holiday and I'd love to spend it playing TNM with presumably more stable 1.0.3.
It'll be out this week :) Current delay is entirely my fault, sorry about the wait.
Do you guys get time to sleep?Working on patches, new projects,checking out the forums.No need to appologise imo.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Sleep is for the weak.

It's my motto.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
JizzyJeff
UNATCO

Post by JizzyJeff »

Trestkon wrote:Current delay is entirely my fault, sorry about the wait.
Suck it, wino.
My name is not Jeff.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

JizzyJeff wrote:
Suck it, wino.
Hahaha!That's not nice, very funny though.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

bobby 55 wrote:
JizzyJeff wrote:
Suck it, wino.
Hahaha!That's not nice, very funny though.
I'll have you know I'm not a wino, I just enjoy an occasional glass of fine drink!

*sips his excellent Shiraz that justanotherfan kindly gave him*
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
JizzyJeff
UNATCO

Post by JizzyJeff »

It's nothing to be ashamed of. I once drank every bottle in the Lucky Money.
My name is not Jeff.