Patch 1.0.2

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
JeniSkunk
UNATCO

Re: Patch 1.0.2

Post by JeniSkunk »

bobby 55 wrote:This is driving me crazy gang. I tried a few more times but no dice . I did a qick save with 2000 credits and started again.and got Scara's first PM in the lift, got to the hallway and then got KK's.His PM started and if i had kept going i would have transitioned before it had finished. I waited until he had finished talking but before the PM received message had left the screen. Bingo, i got Scara's PM before Phas's again.
I don't think it matters whether you do the level transition during or after KKs PM, if the lifetime earnings carryover is happening.
On my new rig when I was testing the lifetime earnings carryover, I did the level transition as soon as KK had said "I saw you got a PM from Scara." That meant I did the transition before the KK PM VO had completed and before the KK PM text had completed. I got the Scara subway PM early.
I'm definately not cut out to be a tester :(
None of us are formal game testers, Bobby. We've got a semi-consistent bug, and via trial and a lot of error, we're trying to find consistent triggers for it.

Jenifur Charne
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Thanks Jen . Have we narrowed it down to having a previous save with 1500 or more credits. Or is there still some undiscovered trigger around?
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
JeniSkunk
UNATCO

Post by JeniSkunk »

bobby 55 wrote:Thanks Jen . Have we narrowed it down to having a previous save with 1500 or more credits. Or is there still some undiscovered trigger around?
I'm blowed if I know.
*sigh*
I thought I'd found a consistent trigger with that aug cannister, but that's stopped happening on my notebook, and has never happened on my new rig.
You mentioned a timing trick to get the PM to play early, which so far, I've not been able to replicate on either system.

Jenifur Charne
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

It's not that I don't appreciate your incredibly zealous testing, but seriously: it's when your lifetime funds get carried over from another playthrough. I know some of you claim to have got it when you start the mod up and go directly to a new game, but I don't know how the game saves that variable; it must be pretty damn flakey - I guess there's reason it was never used in Deus Ex. Wouldn't be surprised if it can be called even if you start the game up "cold" :smile:
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Thanks man. It has been fun in some ways maddening in others.I suppose we have gotten a miniscule look into the joys of modding.
Edit: And it doesn't change anything playwise afterall.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Jonas wrote:but I don't know how the game saves that variable
Hmmm, I guess that pretty much means resetting it early on is out of the picture too.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

two minor Bugs: fire extinguisher - when i have one, fully loaded(100 ammo), and fire it(fire fire extinguisher lol) to like 70-80 ammo, just 1 mouse click. And then pickup another one(not used before) i got 44 ammo and 2 clips.(so say the hud ammo display! yo[rhym]). I fire again, and it shoot this 44, then go to -56. and then both clip and ammo display says 0. Just an ammo display error.

And next, this is a bug since deus ex: When you had lvl4 vision enhancment + tech googles, and you wear tech gogles, then activate and deactivate vision aug, the effect of detecting guard/bots will stay, and so will red part of screen.

and even moore minor bug: Raving shop shoting range, when we look in tunel in which bottles disapers.. we can see our own back(don't think im an expert or i don't appriciate your job to fix this all, but a sheet should fix this..), also the bottles sometimes stick in biiiig sloooow groups or just fall out.
Jonas(about Rex and Jaedar) wrote:I'm not sure what the fuck just happened, but you guys managed to finally find a way to be too off topic for OTP, and when I tried to split the thread... I failed.
ThisIsMyUsername
UNATCO

Post by ThisIsMyUsername »

Has anyone reported yet that every now and then the sound effects (only the sound effects, not the speech or music) go nearly silent? It's annoying as hell. You have to open up the menu and screw around with the sound effects volume for a couple of seconds to get it to work again.
I have opened the mayor. When the power drops, go in, and go in, and go in like the US Marshal and his three daughters and we lose the vaccine!

We want to power down the whole system.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Rex wrote:And next, this is a bug since deus ex
Thanks Rex, but we're not fixing DX bugs (anymore). As for the other ones, we've known about them for a long time, but the amount of work it'd take to fix them far exceeds the problem they pose.
ThisIsMyUsername wrote:Has anyone reported yet that every now and then the sound effects (only the sound effects, not the speech or music) go nearly silent? It's annoying as hell. You have to open up the menu and screw around with the sound effects volume for a couple of seconds to get it to work again.
Sounds like an issue with your sound card and/or drivers.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
SelfishAl
Thug

Post by SelfishAl »

it happens to me too

Except I mute all of the sound (because I like to blast some different music while playing) and suddenly I hear all of the game sounds after certain parts of the game. It even happens in the beginning.
povuholo
Thug

Post by povuholo »

I find it unlikely that this hasn't been reported before, but I don't feel like going through 444 posts right now so I'll post it anyway.

Apparently Trestkon's personal bank account (the one you get in the beginning) with 500 credits is refreshed every time you re-enter the area. For example if I take 500 credits in the corporate district, enter WC, exit WC, and use that bank account again, there'll be 500 credits to take again. :-k

(I haven't tested it with other accounts, might be the same)
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Any news on the release of 1.0.3? I hate to whine, but I'm getting a bit impatient :)
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Jaedar wrote:Any news on the release of 1.0.3? I hate to whine, but I'm getting a bit impatient :)
I ran into rather large and annoying problems trying to make 1.0.3 compatible with all previous versions. So instead of taking an unknown amount of time and head-to-keyboard-banging we've decided to just do a 1.0.2 -> 1.0.3 patch. It shouldn't be much of a problem because we're updating the .exe and .iso anyway.

If all goes well I'll be building it tonight, and Jonas will be testing it tomorrow. Expect it to be posted to the forums for initial testing on Thursday, likely.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

The muted sound issue only happens to me after the endcredits are done and you load something (save/new game), nowhere else.

As for povuholo: Do you happen to use the EXACT same terminal, or different ones in the same area? I assume the second seeing what I know of said bug ;).
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
JoeF5050
Mole Person

Post by JoeF5050 »

1.0.2 has been surprisingly more stable than the original game, and i noticed considerably less crashes as the game progressed. They rarely happen at all now, though I did disable weather, which seems to have helped a lot. Something I noticed is that the crashes I did get were mostly sound based, and usually referred to the galaxy cpp file error message that I've seen users post elsewhere. What I think causes it is are the random sound player actors especially in the central district. It seems I'm always near them when such crash occurs.
I also noticed a bug when you talk to phasmatis, when you have orders to kill him, in his apartment if you have a weapon out that after the conversation has ended your inventory is cleared but there is still a weapon ammo icon on your screen (lower left corner) for the weapon you just had out. I don't think this has been mentioned elsewhere.
Great work, glad to see the amount of bugs that are still being addressed.