Patch 1.0.2

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Patch 1.0.2

Post by Jonas »

It's a bug and it's already been reported and fixed for version 1.0.3 :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

Jonas wrote:It's a bug and it's already been reported and fixed for version 1.0.3 :)
Version 1.0.3 isn't available for download yet is it?
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

It is not.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Dark Reality
UNATCO

Post by Dark Reality »

The WC mission to infect Evil Invasion's laptop with a virus is broken. The laptop requires a skill level of Master in computers to hack, which is mostly impossible to attain (at least without forsaking everything else) that early in the game, and while That Guy gives you his password, his login is never given and it's nothing easily guessed. It's not a required mission, but it's still impossible without cheating.
Do you love Off-Topic Productions and The Nameless Mod?
Join TNMST - The Nameless Mod Street Team - today.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

No. No it isn't.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Dark Reality
UNATCO

Post by Dark Reality »

While I may have posted too hastily in frustration over the puzzle, the puzzle remains without a solution. Training Computers to Advanced is one solution, true, but the second half of the login info is not given and must be guessed. (For anyone who wants it, it's just Evil.)
Do you love Off-Topic Productions and The Nameless Mod?
Join TNMST - The Nameless Mod Street Team - today.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yes I know, that's sort of the point of the whole thing :P
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
nopushbutton
Thug

Post by nopushbutton »

DXNathan wrote:While I may have posted too hastily in frustration over the puzzle, the puzzle remains without a solution.
I don't know, man, none of the personal logins in TNM are really hard to guess, provided you know the person's name.

All you'd have to do is try using some of the trends set by other logins, for example:
evilinvasion
evil
einvasion
EI
evil_invasion
JackAttack
Mole Person

Post by JackAttack »

I'm about to start a new game of this, is it worth waiting for the patch? Or is it a little while away?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

The patch is on hold due to exams.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
heliosentity101
UNATCO

Post by heliosentity101 »

while ive got the chance , i'll point out another annoying crash , it's always when i enter PDX for the first time On a new game , though i Can also clearly tell when the crash is about to happen , because The Games music Starts to Screw up and get all weird , then bam , i'm confronted with a TNM.exe Needs To close ..... message :( Anyone Get The Same Crash as me At All ?
I eat green beret's for breakfast ! and right now I'M VERY HUNGRY !! acolor]
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

And you've patched to the latest version? Sounds like you're still using an old version of DXOgg.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

In the rare case Jonas haven't fixed these yet for 1.0.3:
irenicus wrote:Noobs-Mission: If you tell the noobs that their leader is a liar the voice output stops right after the point where Trestkon is saying: "...i suggest i tell..."(
noobs.jpg
) and the dialogue jumps to the next line/character.
Only happens with male N00bz, not the females.
Jonas wrote:The Despot thing? Eeeh... maybe. But no promises.
You might underestimate the problem. It is perfectly possible to do ALL remaining WC missions after a Narcissus Despot run. You have to kill Abomination (because he won't talk until Silver is freed, but this way DT will contact you anyway). DXI will play as PDX, but without assassin, post-DXI you can choose who-ever you want to work for (telling Kevo on the helipad you saved him from DXO, and then needing to go to the ATC to fly away with Kevo :?), and ABI plays pseud-PDX (no evil opening the gate, can't complete the secondary info quest, no Gibinator quest), and Gamespy is completely messed up (no holo's, DD wont talk... only options here are Ryan and Narcissus, but if you locked those options...)
Nerdenstein wrote:Ohh yh and when u buy a augmentation cannister (not the upgrade) from Kunio Kun or whatever his name is.. In Sols, It gave me 2 aqualung/enviromental resistance cannisters... is that supposed to happen... I was sure he was supposed to only give u one... not that its to much of a problem i was just mentioning it...
This seems to happen when the price is lowered to 1000 credits, NOT with the original 2000. 1500: Unknown.
Nopushbutton wrote:In Raving's Weapon Shop, I tried to buy the Napalm Launcher (this was on Day 2),
but I didn't have the right open slots in my inventory. The option to buy the launcher
was removed from the conversation when I tried to buy it after making room,
even though I didn't get the launcher or pay for it.
This happens only if you choose the option "erring on the side of the law" making the begin of the convo the list instead of "back to pick up that napalm launcer"? Also... your money WAS taken away. :/

New stuff:
* If you activate, then ignore the N00bz mission, you get the pacifist reward from Winquman (WTF?), and can then return to the firewall to get 500 creds (WTF??) because all the N00bz are dead (by script), and Phas will tell you how a great job you did if you go to the Corperate sector again.
* If you ignore Abomination's mission, then go to the Llama's location, your goal will update. Once again if you kill Abomination (but that's probably not be a bug...)
* You can converse with A2 when he's disabled (Quick Shop).
* DT in Voodoo shop: "See you in the land of frolicking and melk." (misses TM)
* NSC: The Executive Offices security droid added by lvl 3 and 4 NPC-quantity misses proper pathing nodes (it just sits there doing nothing).
* There is nothing inside the supply crate in the PDX Armoury.
* If you destroy the light hanging on the roof in TRM's office (the one with the datacube) a flying lightsource is visible, floating in the air. Maybe make that light indestroyable?
* Trestkon and Scara's "I wish I had an assassin who could kill ZP" "Is that a challenge?" conversation doesn't make much sense... when you just killed ZeroPresence! (like I did :D)
* The denounement talks about the Goats getting the Super Spork plans if you joined them by killing Abomination, and thus handed no plans at all.

* High chance to get THIS crash at Pimp-Jojo's location (HIGH likelyhood: Running away from the track's area while a certain sound is playing (aircraft launch it sounds? It doesn't happen during the ambulance or dog barking)):
Critical: appError called:
Critical: Assertion failed: Playing.Channel [File:D:\prj\Clean\Galaxy\Src\UnGalaxy.cpp] [Line: 1876]

-Might be related to my non-alliance Despot game, but mentionable none-the-less incase that's not the case!!!
* Return from DXI to PDX HQ: I get Jonas' knocked out convo and a aug-upgrade canister. All fine. Now after returning again from DXO I get the same conversation again, and another aug-upgrade (that drops on the floor, I had no space). Talking to Jonas again (you have space now?) wielded me a Bioelectrical cell. After briefing Kashue I return to get the tantrum AGAIN and get the code, plus a biocell. Now if I re-exit PDX and re-enter that whole convo goes over again. Basically I could have gotten infinite biocells if just keeping exiting and re-entering before talking to Kashue.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
heliosentity101
UNATCO

Post by heliosentity101 »

In Reply To Jonas's Message , Yep , I'm Fully Updated To Patch 1.0.2 , just waiting on the next one , which should (i Think anyway ) solve all my tnm woes :) Just uber confused at this minor hitch for new game starting all the time :)
I eat green beret's for breakfast ! and right now I'M VERY HUNGRY !! acolor]
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Did you happen to download any of the work-in-progress DXOgg files that Jim posted while we were fixing the ogg crashes for the first two patches?
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine