Patch 1.0.2

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: Patch 1.0.2

Post by Jaedar »

I can confirm you can get it with 1.0.1, although I have nothing further that might help solve this dilemma.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Chris Rosenkreutz
NSF

Post by Chris Rosenkreutz »

JeniSkunk wrote:My testing method is listed here, Chris.
http://www.offtopicproductions.com/foru ... 876#p49876
With a cold launch of TNM for each test; and only selecting New Game from the main menu each time, that variable should have had nothing stored in it for each new game during my tests.
I'm certain that the only thing which changes the variable is getting credits. I would put serious money on it not being the aug cannister. As far as I know there is just 100 credits in the basement.

It may be that it's doesn't always start at zero even with a new launch of TNM.

I can't replicate this. If you could get me a save game, I could tell you how many credits it thinks you've earned.
JeniSkunk
UNATCO

Post by JeniSkunk »

Chris Rosenkreutz wrote: I'm certain that the only thing which changes the variable is getting credits. I would put serious money on it not being the aug cannister. As far as I know there is just 100 credits in the basement.
It may be that it's doesn't always start at zero even with a new launch of TNM.
I can't replicate this. If you could get me a save game, I could tell you how many credits it thinks you've earned.
Things are getting weirder and weirder with this PM.
Since getting all the Easter Eggs and completing the Radish Adventure, I'm no longer getting that PM early. Even when I use the eggs reset code I cannot get the PM to occour early.

ATM though, I'm in a somewhat lucky situation, just finishing the apps installs on a new system.
I can do a fresh install of DX and TNM and see what happens on the new system. Though with the RL stuff I have to deal with between now and the weekend, it won't be till the weekend that I'll have the time to do the install of DX and TNM.

Jenifur Charne
loony636
UNATCO

Post by loony636 »

JeniSkunk wrote: I can do a fresh install of DX and TNM and see what happens on the new system. Though with the RL stuff I have to deal with between now and the weekend, it won't be till the weekend that I'll have the time to do the install of DX and TNM.

Jenifur Charne
I just did a cold install of DX and TNM and can confirm that the aug canister doesn't not cause the PM to be sent. I might even use a cheat to give myself 1500 credits to try it out that way.

To fix this bug...could you reset the lifetime earnings variable when you start a new game? Or when you have the conversation with Phas?
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Well, from my own testings I can pretty safely say it only happens if you start a new game from a save where you already earned 1500+ Credits. Leaving during PM's, before PM's or Aug Cannisters all do not matter in the slightest.
To fix this bug...could you reset the lifetime earnings variable when you start a new game? Or when you have the conversation with Phas?
Sounds like a sound plan (if at all possible). However at Phas is the problem you CAN already posses 100 credits "legally" that would be reset than aswell. So if it cannot be done at a straight new game, it should be atleast placed very near the entrance.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I got that pm from Scara in my second PDX run and i'm pretty sure i had zero credits.This a little left fieldish but it wouldn't have anything to do with the two talking about DD would it?Some sort of chain reaction with their convo plus Phas's PM?Ill see if ican recreate what i did but sheesh i've had a few more runs for both story lines since then and doing exactly what i did in that run is a bit foggy.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Did you happen to start that game from a save... or possibly... watching the endcredits?

BulletTime effects don't pass when you get to the Main Menu, so it's not that difficult to believe it also happens with $.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Hassat Hunter wrote:Did you happen to start that game from a save... or possibly... watching the endcredits?

BulletTime effects don't pass when you get to the Main Menu, so it's not that difficult to believe it also happens with $.
Yes i think i did . i think that my cousin dropped in(she's not into games) and i saved before seeing Phas.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Well, if it really stays permanent inbetween saves, not even resetting the value at the beginning will fix it (as you can just load it up from elsewhere). The only way would be to make it like Phas' PM, triggered when you HAVE X money instead of "have received" X money.

An easy way to test this theory would be to go out to the Downtown district, save (make sure you haven't gotten the Scara PM yet) somewhere that is not near the apartment building, load another save where you have lots o' money, then load the save again you just made. You should be getting Scara's PM if it's indeed the cause of this issue.

Actually, I'll try that myself once I get home :D.

EDIT: Is the DXI elevator getting stuck (standing under it) fixed in 1.0.3 (It doesn't appear in the fixlogs, the WC Sublevel one does though)?
Last edited by Hassat Hunter on Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Hassat Hunter wrote:Well, if it really stays permanent inbetween saves, not even resetting the value at the beginning will fix it (as you can just load it up from elsewhere). The only way would be to make it like Phas' PM, triggered when you HAVE X money instead of "have received" X money.

An easy way to test this theory would be to go out to the Downtown district, save (make sure you haven't gotten the Scara PM yet) somewhere that is not near the apartment building, load another save where you have lots o' money, then load the save again you just made. You should be getting Scara's PM if it's indeed the cause of this issue.

Actually, I'll try that myself once I get home :D.
Wow! You are good at this testing stuff.Will give that a whirl later today.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Sorry Hassat but nothing i have tried triggers Scara's PM.I'm sure though that he did PM me not long after i transitioned from the hotel with zero credits.But trying to remember what i did 5 or 6 runs ago is nigh on impossible.Also no saves near the last bit to see if starting after watching the end credits is the issue.
loony636
UNATCO

Post by loony636 »

Hassat Hunter wrote:Sounds like a sound plan (if at all possible). However at Phas is the problem you CAN already posses 100 credits "legally" that would be reset than aswell. So if it cannot be done at a straight new game, it should be atleast placed very near the entrance.
Well...couldn't the lifetime earnings just be set to whatever the player currently has in his inventory? I just figure editing the dialogue will be easier than placing a trigger in the map.
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

I got Scara's PM on my first walkthrough, so I can only think of 2 reasons for it coming in early:
1. Getting the painting from the basement early - because you can screw up almost any quest, and waste your money (I believe) on Whoever's merchandise, so getting the painting early somehow messes up that count, because it's not the regular quest order - and therefore Scara makes contact with you early.
2. Making the guards hostile and letting them know of your presence - I don't know about this one. Maybe making anyone hostile in that map triggers Scara's PM, as it's a moderator's house - but that would require a flag to be raised and to be connected to the PM, and I don't see one.
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

It's definitely not any of those ones ^. I got it just by going up the lift, speaking to Phas, going down and exiting.
I still think it's got something to do with the PMs you get from Scara and KK, and how you trigger the teleporter/mapexit.
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

I've found 2 new bugs, which you may not be aware of (I looked in the patch notes but couldn't see anything):

- after talking to Ryan, you get a 3rd person view (I had to use the behindview 0 cheat to fix it), but it seems to get reset when you have another conversation. You can see it at 6:26 here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-LtoYzHAgs

- at the space station, if you save on level 2, go off to another level, return to level 2 and save in a different slot, then you reload that save (e.g. after dying), you'll instead load the first save (the one you made before you went off to another level)