Mouse Problems

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Duke Floss
UNATCO

Mouse Problems

Post by Duke Floss »

I have been experiencing a weird issue with my mouse in both DX & TNM. Most of the time it works fine but it usually takes a couple restarts of DX/TNM to get it to calibrate properly. Usually on the first startup I can't get it to move right at all and after about 3 restarts it works properly as it should. Has anyone else experienced this problem.

I'm running in vista.
http://www.heavyjack.com - Quality Programming ~ Entertainment, News, Reviews, Games and Sports TV with an emphasis on the HEAVY JACK.
BoneofMalkav
Thug

Re: Mouse Problems

Post by BoneofMalkav »

I have been experiencing this lately,the problem seems to come down to vista's default mouse acceleration.Sometimes the ini files turn UseDirectInput from False to True.I forgot how I fixed it before but the work around for me was turning down the ingame mouse speed to a very low rate.But I'm not sure if my problem is different cause I'm experiencing more of a "drunkenness" with my mouse input.Also if anyone here know's how to fix the "drunkenness" of my mouse input would be greatly appreciate it :)
Existence is overshadowing.Severance is forbearing. Difference is continuous. Self Destruction is imminent. Pain brings dreams to closure. Death brings Life to those unchanged by the Hues of Madness
Rindill
Mole Person

Post by Rindill »

Sorry to bring back an old thread but I figured me query belonged here.

I'm getting an issue where TNM has mouse acceleration... which is quite ugly and unwieldy.

I googled first and tried turning on DirectInput... but now my mouse won't work in menus.

I googled again and tried alt-tabbing to use menus... but it just makes the game mess up (strange geometric shapes converging on the camera).

I was able to solve the issue in Deus Ex vanilla by using a custom .exe found here... http://kentie.net/article/dxguide/.

I'm wondering if there is a way to adapt that .exe to run TNM... or some other way to fix the mouse acceleration/unable to use menus problem?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

The strange geometrics can be solved by changing renderers. The Kentie exe in Deus Ex should already be incorporated in TNM as it, (TNM), won't run without the Deus EX exe. It works fine for me, the new exe that is, for both DX and TNM. Try changing renderers anyway, although I don't know for sure if that'll help with the mouse problem. :)
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I'm sorry but that is inaccurate. TNM runs just fine without DeusEx.exe, it has its own .exe that's installed with the mod. What you want to do is rename your fixed DeusEx.exe to TNM.exe, overwriting the one that was installed with the mod. That should solve your problem.

And if it doesn't, changing renderer as Bobby also suggested is a decent second step.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Erk, my bad.