Hacking, PMs, and conversations are running extremely slow.

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Chef Ghost Bone
Mole Person

Hacking, PMs, and conversations are running extremely slow.

Post by Chef Ghost Bone »

Apologies if this has been addressed before. You guys have made a great mod and I've been enjoying it all the way up to the DXI caverns. Now all of a sudden, the hacking progress bar takes ages to move, as does PM text and the conversation box at the bottom takes forever to rise and fall at the beginning and end of conversations.

The issue seems to be alluded to Shifter compatibility thread but it's not made entirely clear. I'm running Shifter with TNM 1.01 and DX GOTY.

So anyone know what's going on here?
Chef Ghost Bone
Mole Person

Re: Hacking, PMs, and conversations are running extremely slow.

Post by Chef Ghost Bone »

Okay the problem fixed itself after I found the firestaff. Another interesting side effect when I was having those problems is that quick saving was instantaneous, but when everything else was working fine quicksaving would take a good 10 seconds.
JC_Helios
X-51

Re: Hacking, PMs, and conversations are running extremely slow.

Post by JC_Helios »

That's because in DXI all the old maps get purged. Also are you using 1.8.2?