Crash crash crash!!

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
scanman1980
Mole Person

Crash crash crash!!

Post by scanman1980 »

hi there.....i have a pentium M 740 (1.73 GHHZ), 512 MB DDR2 ram and nvidia GEforce Go6200 running windows xp sp2.
I am a great fan of this game. however, i cannot run this game for more than say 5 mins, even with the lowest of resolutions and with the lowest of sound settings! i have the latest patch (1.02) running. the deus ex version is the game of the year edition. i can use the open GL version instead of my video card, but it is annoyingly slow and the textures are terrible....
can anyone help with my problem? i would ideally like to run with a better resolution too!
pls get back asap!!!! ](*,)
and i hav the recommended version of microsoft vc++ installed
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Crash crash crash!!

Post by Trestkon »

Exactly what kind of crash are you getting? Have you tried switching to a different renderer?
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
scanman1980
Mole Person

Post by scanman1980 »

my comp just switches off and switches on. i dont get any crash message as such. this happens after every say 5-7mins of game use, even with the most minimum of settings. ive run a game like hidden and dangerous 2 and splinter cell pandora tomorrow on my system, so i dont think the minimum system requirement thing should be an issue. i use the 3d renderer on my video card. as i told u earlier, tried the open gl version. works, but it s damn slow and the textures are awful
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

scanman1980 wrote:my comp just switches off and switches on.
That sounds a lot like a hardware or driver issue. First thing you should do is update your video drivers.

If that doesn't work, it could be either your RAM failing to keep up with the game or your PSU being unable to provide enough power. Considering the size of many of TNM's levels, I wouldn't be surprised if it were the former.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
scanman1980
Mole Person

Post by scanman1980 »

yeah i guess u must be right! installed it on the other comp at home which has a 1GIG ram.....installs fine. installed the patch ( v1.02 ) and microsoft vc++. however, in the intro screen where the nameless mod production should come, i get something that looks like a black and white flashing screensaver and then CRASH! goes back to my desktop screen with a whole page of error crap......can u help me? am really going crazy trying to figure out so many errors in what is a great game!!
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

scanman1980 wrote:in the intro screen where the nameless mod production should come, i get something that looks like a black and white flashing screensaver and then CRASH! goes back to my desktop screen with a whole page of error crap
That's definitely not the most helpful bug report I've ever received, but have you tried changing the renderer you're using on this machine?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
scanman1980
Mole Person

Post by scanman1980 »

how do i do that?