ABI woes.

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
blitz
Mole Person

Re: ABI woes.

Post by blitz »

Well, because I haven't done so yet, I would first like to give a big thank you to everybody involved in the making of TNM =D> . I have had a great time playing in the last few weeks.
However, I still get those freezes at the ABI entrance and they freak me out. I installed the patch 1.0.2 before I started the current game. The "killall" commands don't seem to work. Can anyone think of a solution other than waiting for the patch that eliminates the dogs?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

If you leave it alone for 10-15 minutes after it freezes (yeah I know, pain the arse) it should crash properly and give you an error message. Let us know what the message says, and we should be able to give you a stopgap solution.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Skilgannon
UNATCO

Post by Skilgannon »

Well I got a freeze at ABI today, but thought it was just a standard DX fuck-up and didn't think much of it. Never got one before though I don't think.

Oh, and a belated congrats on your 8000th post Jonas. :D
Life is a series of random events designed to strip you of your sanity.

blitz
Mole Person

Post by blitz »

Thanks for the advise, Jonas. The error message began with "TNMSpiderBotMed" and when I entered "killall tnmspiderbotmed" the problem was obviously gone (and the Dobermen too).
In the office building I got another freeze and had to do "killall securitybot4flamer".
Now I'm in the ABI ruins and the game froze again, this time because an ABIEliteGuard was caught in a loop. I guess if I did a killall on those, the map would get pretty empty... :/
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Sounds like the infamous spiderbot2.

As for the ABI Commando: I had that one too. It's supposed to be patrolling somewhere near the stairs with the water, but it ran over to the entrance when I started killing there. Then when it killed me it crashed, as is often the case with people/dogs and robots that can no longer find their proper pathing nodes.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Why can't the player have a pet dog?
Last edited by Xesum on Thu May 28, 2009 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Why can't you please keep your spam to the off topic forum.
Jonas Wæver

Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Transyt
Thug

Post by Transyt »

blitz wrote:Thanks for the advise, Jonas. The error message began with "TNMSpiderBotMed" and when I entered "killall tnmspiderbotmed" the problem was obviously gone (and the Dobermen too).
In the office building I got another freeze and had to do "killall securitybot4flamer".
Now I'm in the ABI ruins and the game froze again, this time because an ABIEliteGuard was caught in a loop. I guess if I did a killall on those, the map would get pretty empty... :/
Well, I met the same problem. I have already encountered freeze outside the ABI compound and "killall tnmspiderbotmed" really did the trick, but another freeze happens in the ruins everytime I run into a crossway or whatever it is when Scara pm me with sth(I'm on the PDX side). What should I do? What thing should I "killall" this time? :-k "killall tnm doberman" and "killall spiderbot2" is useless this time.
Can anybody type the full command? Thanks ahead!
BTW,it's really an amazing mod, and I really don't want to give up halfway.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Well, the command is literally "killall CLASS_GIVING_YOU_PROBLEMS_HERE", so if you get an iterative loop crash (100000 iterations, etc etc), have a look to see which class is causing it (if it says something like ABIcommando04 or something, then you know the class is ABICommando, and so on).

Then just type killall ABICommando, or whatever class is pointed out by the log. :)
Transyt
Thug

Post by Transyt »

DDL wrote:Well, the command is literally "killall CLASS_GIVING_YOU_PROBLEMS_HERE", so if you get an iterative loop crash (100000 iterations, etc etc), have a look to see which class is causing it (if it says something like ABIcommando04 or something, then you know the class is ABICommando, and so on).

Then just type killall ABICommando, or whatever class is pointed out by the log. :)
That works! Even I don't know how I did it, 'cause every command I typed was answered "unrecognized comamnd". But the problem seems gone-at least for the last 20 minutes. Now I just hope that not too many units been erased, so I can enjoy relatively full game experience.
Thanks! =D>
Groshy
Mole Person

Post by Groshy »

I had the same problem at the space station where the dogs patrol.
"killall TNMDoberman" and "killall tnmspiderbotmed" fixed it for me.

Other than those stressfull moments, I've really enjoyed the game. Good job guys :D
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

About 30 minutes after I raise an ABI thread this one gets rezzed. Coincidence? 0_0

Also, spacestation where dogs patrol? I guess you just mean ABI though since you mentioned the spider and the doggies.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Closing this, if you have more to say about this bug, say it here:

http://www.offtopicproductions.com/foru ... 10&start=0
Jonas Wæver