Message system chaos after coming back up with the staff

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
RaymondP
Thug

Message system chaos after coming back up with the staff

Post by RaymondP »

This is the second time ive encountered this bug after reinstalling i played the game through to the point where you return up the lift with the staff , After i reach ground level i get a message saying ive killed the only pilot in town but with the subtitles of my welcome back message . After that the PM system goes haywire with Treskton speaking as a spiderbot (A2) and the reverse . Finally the PM from wolf arrives it stays onscreen blocking me form saving or talking to anyone else except for the dog which in role reversal like before asks Treskton the modal to come with him to please Scara :shock: .

Ive tried using legend to skip past the elevator ride but that reverts every NPC to day 1 AI . Im using the latest version and ive made sure to keep ghost mode off this time but it hasn't made a difference . Can anyone upload a save after you return form the dig site or suggest a fix ?
Kee715
Illuminati

Re: Message system chaos after coming back up with the staff

Post by Kee715 »

Is this version 1.0.2?

Are you using anything other than Windows?

Did you run Deus Ex (And verify that it works perfectly) at least once?

Is your Deus Ex version 1112fm?

Anything else of note that may help the developers fix the problem?
RaymondP
Thug

Post by RaymondP »

Nope just bog standard XP on a HP HDX Dragon , Ive played though deus ex with no problems an its the GOTY edition with 1112fm .
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Did you resume an old savegame from before reinstalling or before patching it? It sounds like your conversation files are a different version than they were when you made the savegame.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
RaymondP
Thug

Post by RaymondP »

Am no i installed DeusEX GOTY, Payed it from start to finish then i installed and patched TNM played through to the point where the message system goes nuts and repeated the process again (Just played through the dx training this time) .

Its not just the PM system when i tied to play through it i had Treskton speaking as the female witness the female witness speaking as a firewall and just random chatter that shouldn't be there .

Ive got save games for every mission but i cant seem to skip past the dxi mission with the legend menu and game flags .
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Looks like a messed up dialogue file for mission 22. Even if you use cheats, that would not solve the issue.

Nevertheless, with your DXI save, use legend and find the flags lower than A that have 21 in the title (mission21_started or something and another like it) and change that in 22, then use the loadmap to go to 22_FCSlums. It (unlikely) *might* work.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
RaymondP
Thug

Post by RaymondP »

That only sent me back to the elevator ride im afraid . But ive isolated the problem to the 1.2 patch and after playing through without it ive got no problems :mrgreen: .

Twice Ive got the bug on 1.2 , On my first run through on 1.0 and this one no problems .
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

You're the only one to report that (and I doubt anyone could miss something like that happening) so I suspect a corrupt installation/installer.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...