Crash on entering Sol's Bar, day 2.

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Crane101
Mole Person

Crash on entering Sol's Bar, day 2.

Post by Crane101 »

Hi,
Hopefully one of you clever people can help me find a way around this - the problem occurs when I visit Sol's Bar on day 2 (i.e. when it's been burnt down).
When the map for Sol's tries to load, the game will crash with a big long error message (screenshot attached). I can't seem to find any reports of this particular problem anywhere on these forums, so I hope it's not a 'Homer Simpson Syndrome' :)

Incidentally, absolutely fantastic job with the mod guys - rarely have I seen a community project (or full game even) with such depth, polish, attention to detail and rich involving narrative. You've done Deus Ex proud.
Attachments
Error message
Error message
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Crash on entering Sol's Bar, day 2.

Post by Jonas »

Ergh, that looks... completely random, sorry. I can't make sense of it :(
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Skilgannon
UNATCO

Post by Skilgannon »

That my friend, is what's known in the DXMP community as a GPF. It's what happens when the UEngine decides life isn't worth living anymore and slowly starts to kill itself. This results in what would otherwise be a normal operation, executing itself in such a way as to cause a cascade of more, otherwise normal operations to execute in a normal fashion that the engine would normally accept, except this time, it's got itself in such a tizz, that it mistakes any operation you try to get it to perform, as an error. This results in random crashes (sometimes with more and more frequency), with wierd and random error messages.

Actually, everything there from the second sentence (excluding the last) is made up completely. Basically, it's a random UE crash, and I wouldn't think much of it. If, however, you get it everytime you try to enter aforementioned level, it means your UEngine has indeed given up on life, and you will have to go through the pain in the arse procedure of rescuing your save files from the TNM/Save directory, and then wiping and re-installing DX and TNM.
Life is a series of random events designed to strip you of your sanity.

Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Actually I think he might of had some Augs on, it may have crashed UE.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Skilgannon
UNATCO

Post by Skilgannon »

Huh..... Well that just shows the retardedness of the UEngine completely doesn't it? :lol:

EDIT: What the radish is a UEnginge? Fixed.
Life is a series of random events designed to strip you of your sanity.

JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Fixes:

(This is if you are PDX, if you're WC I don't think you're even supposed to even be able to enter the bar)
For the Sol's side mission: Try summoning winquman and Jackie outside the bar?

For the PDX main mission: Use the legend cheat and travel to the day 2(not the first time you see it, but the second) DXO map. When you're done use legend to warp back to the day 2 downtown map.
Crane101
Mole Person

Post by Crane101 »

Ok, well I tried doing a full un/reinstall, but the same error occurred, so I guess It's some sort of error in my saved game.

I don't have any augs switched on

I'm playing PDX, so I *should* be able to enter the bar.

On further experimentation, I turns out that WHATEVER map I try to change to, a similar crash occurs, so my saved game is just fubar'd.
Luckily I followed the in-game advice and saved in different slots, so I've only lost about 5 hours. Could be worse.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Shane