Languages Packs

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Petraghunter1
Mole Person

Languages Packs

Post by Petraghunter1 »

Hey,

Ty for this wonderful mod =D>

I was wondering if you could make some languages packs (only subtitles)
English isn't my native langauge and I think I didn't understand all the story. I think I am not the only one in this case :mrgreen:

German/French/Spanish/Italian would be very great :smile:

TIA for your answer,

Kisses,

petra
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Re: Languages Packs

Post by Hassat Hunter »

I doubt the TNM team would do so, but any person with the DX-Editing kit (and a LOT of spare time) could probably do it, since it only involves translating the stuff in the dialogue files.

And of course said person should know his/her english and the translated in language well. Personally; I speak none of the 4, so I cannot be of any help... sorry :(.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Google Translate maybe? I would just copy/paste all of the text in the mod and then paste the translated text back into the appropriate game files.

But Google Translate has been known to **** up, so it may not be perfect, especially if the word in the mod does not have a translation into the other language.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

I've trained spanish 6 years in school, that being said, I am rubbish at it.

I might be able to translate the game into swedish, but I fear there is little point to that :P.

And google translate is not good enough for this, you would wind up with something completely wrong. (I should know, it carried me for the last years) :mrgreen:
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Petraghunter1 wrote:I was wondering if you could make some languages packs (only subtitles)
English isn't my native langauge and I think I didn't understand all the story. I think I am not the only one in this case :mrgreen:

German/French/Spanish/Italian would be very great :smile:
Hey Petra, yeah that would be very great, but just so you understand why I'm going to say no, you should realise that there are over 195,000 words of dialogue in The Nameless Mod, which is 780 pages of text assuming 250 words per page. That's like having to translate a fairly sizeable novel, and you're asking us to translate it into 4 different languages. None of us has that much time on our hands, and that's saying a lot considering how much work went into the mod in the first place ;)

That said, if any of our fans would like to translate the mod into another language, we'll be happy to host the project on our webspace!
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Petraghunter1
Mole Person

Post by Petraghunter1 »

Ok :(

I understand the fact that my request requires a lot of work ... but personnaly, I am not good enough in english to translate it in french or german :( :(

ty for the answers :smile:
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Jaedar wrote:I've trained spanish 6 years in school, that being said, I am rubbish at it.
I know! Same here. Five years, and then two in postsecondary. I still haven't mastered the past tense, and I can only say that things are just about to happen in the future tense. Not to mention that I didn't learn the actual language, and people are always saying "We don't actually say it that way". To quote Maya Angelou, "Donde esta mi padre?, I asked. My formal Spanish must have sounded as pretentious to the ears of the paisano as "Whither goeth my sire?"...it brought on a howl of laughter".

Google Translations is usually enough to get a message across, but it probably wouldn't do well with TNM's conversations. IIRC "This sucks" turns into "It vacuums this", etc. The most fun is taking your national anthem's lyrics, and translating it back and forth in different languages.
ArkStrike
Mole Person

Post by ArkStrike »

well... im spanish! also understand the english at 80%!

i know that you need a 100%... But I sometimes have spare time and will be an honor to be part (half) of the team!

but... just to let your remember i dont speak french/italian or portuguese!