Problem with virtual memory

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Re: Problem with virtual memory

Post by justanotherfan »

Cool. Do you still have the original files undeleted? The broken settings may be of interest to TNM.
Servalan
Thug

Post by Servalan »

That's where it gets weird again.

Just for the heck of it I moved the three files back again and they made no difference whatsoever. After backing up the originals I moved them into TNM's system folder...and when I started TNM, DX started. So I opened the .ini files and there are no references to TNM in them whatsoever - they look more like a DX.ini. Yet moving them fixed the game. So I'm not sure if you could learn anything from them or not. :mrgreen:
And I hope, and I dream, and I pray
That sometime we'll find a way
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

That's the kind of thing Yardbomb could help with.
Still, if you HAVE a spare goat, it could be worth the sacrifice. Just paint "VMM" on the side before setting it on fire. This may also please the llamas.
Servalan
Thug

Post by Servalan »

Well, I'll be passing through Goat City in a while (I didn't mention that all my saved games were stuffed after I moved them back, so I had to start from scratch). I'll set fire to someone on the way. :mrgreen:
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Servalan wrote:and when I started TNM, DX started.
That's what happens when using the TNM.exe in System, who doesn't have all the extra's to the shortcut to launch TNM (which basically is the DX launcher with added parameters), so it launches DX (you aren't the first one who, after installing TNM is fooled by that one :oops:). Try it again; now with the proper TNM launcher. Does it crash or not? :-k
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Servalan
Thug

Post by Servalan »

Yeah, the problem appears to have been solved by removing three "stray" TNM files from my DX system folder. The DX-launching thing was caused by my experimenting with those files to see if I could replicate the problem (which I couldn't). All seems to be well now.