TNM/GOTY Running too fast

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Konner
Mole Person

TNM/GOTY Running too fast

Post by Konner »

Hi im trying to run TNM on my laptop , Ive tried reinstalling and the stock renderer the OpenGL one and the Enb series/D3D one but every time i try playing the game is too fast . The main menu logo spins like crazy and the audio is out of sync / distorted .

My laptops specs are here any help appreciated guys this is a weird problem
Kee715
Illuminati

Re: TNM/GOTY Running too fast

Post by Kee715 »

I think that is a problem with Dual Core computers, I think there is a fix for it.
Konner
Mole Person

Post by Konner »

Yes Ive had that happen before but the set affinity cpu 0 trick doesn't seem to make any difference with deus ex.
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Well I can offer no help, I have a Dual Core comp (about the only good thing about it) and I myself have never encountered that problem.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

A funny problem we have.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Does your laptop CPU use speedstepping or something like it?

If so, disable that.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Konner
Mole Person

Post by Konner »

No they'res nothing in the BIOS related to speedstep. Its running just like an emulator with the FPS limiter turned off which makes it unplayable .

Ive had no problems with any other games like bioshock half life etc

I thought it might be something with my GOTY disk but ive tried it on a desktop and it runs flawlessly #-o

This is realy weird
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

I don't know if this will help... but I've got a Dual Core... I do have the latest driver for it installed. I'm using XP... had some trouble at first with Deus Ex running... but as long as I run it in compatibility mode I'm fine... and since Deus Ex was running fine.. I never had any trouble with TNM...

Konner.. just thought I'd add... nice Bioshock pic... I liked that game... it freaked me out at the very first though... the baddies were nuts! LOL
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...
JeniSkunk
UNATCO

Post by JeniSkunk »

It's a bug in DX itself, not related to how many cores a CPU has.
I used to encounter it at random, playing DX on my old 2002 vintage Asus L3000D notebook. The CPU in that notebook was a single core AMD AthlonXP 2000+ mobile.
I don't know if that AMD CPU had speedstepping capability.

Jenifur Charne
Konner
Mole Person

Post by Konner »

Yeah its looking that way, Installing XP didn't make any difference must be something to do with something in this particular laptop oh well i was hoping to enjoy TNM on the laptop but a desktop will have to suffice .

Thanks for the help