Trouble at ABI.

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Kman
Thug

Trouble at ABI.

Post by Kman »

First of all, I'd just like to say that I'm really enjoying the mod, Great job!

Anyways, I'm having a bit of trouble at ABI, I infiltrated the place through the caves and took out all the guard, went across the icy ledges with the ladders and made it to the exterior of ABI. I cloaked past everyone and got to one of the shacks with 3 guards in it and a security console. I hacked the console and reprogrammed the military bots to do my dirty work for me.

Then, if I go outside the shack, or wait 10 seconds, I freeze and have to Ctrl-Alt-Del out and cancel TNM.

I tried going outside and quickly blowing up the bots with a LAM but it crashes as soon as the LAM goes off, I also tried with an EMP, Scrambler and even a LAW I had stored away.

I'm running this on Vista if that changes anything.

Thanks in advance for any help!
"Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Trouble at ABI.

Post by Trestkon »

Unfortunately that's a rather annoying path finding error that crept into that level. Fortunately, there's a solution!

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2258&p=43528&hilit=doberman#p43528

Let us know if that works for you :-)
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Kman
Thug

Post by Kman »

Ah! that worked, thanks a bunch!

I searched to see if there was already a thread about this glitch and found that thread but thought that was a completely different problem.

Anyways, Thanks again! Now I can continue playing this amazing mod.
"Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Excellent! Be sure to drop by again when you're finished and let us know what you thought!
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Kman
Thug

Post by Kman »

Um, I'm having trouble once again, I'm now in the Ruins of ABI and I'm getting the same kind of crash, I saved literally just before the crash and I can't enter the debug console fast enough before crashing, do I need to enter the same thing for this crash? Is there a way to pause the game and enter debug mode? Because I literally have 4-5 seconds before I freeze up and have to Ctrl-Alt-Del.

I hope I don't have to reload my save, my other save is all the way back at DXO after I save Kevo. =(
Kman
Thug

Post by Kman »

Well I just copy and pasted the killall TNMDoberman and killall spiderbot 2 commands and said there were none there, so its obviously not them, =(

I read in the other thread that the bots trying to kill some engineer also can do this, whats the killall command for those bots though?
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Might want to try reloading from the previous save. Probably not possible to save that one.

There's an engineer in a room in the ruins. He's hostile to you, and there's a patrolling robot around him that's also hostile. It's unlikely to be the problem for you though.
Kman
Thug

Post by Kman »

Ahhh man, that sucks, gonna have to go through ABI all over again, oh well.

Guess that'll teach me to keep multiple saves.

Thanks anyway though.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Well, maybe someone on the TNM crew might have a fix, but it's all I can suggest. You could use the ghost cheat to get back to where you were, but the "Mountain Range Near Forum City" (ABI outside) level can crash when ghosting. TNM is fairly stable, really...did you try restarting? Windows is acting weird here right now, and TNM keeps crashing suddenly, but it'll go away when I restart...I don't like XP much...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Don't go back to DXO.

When your game freezes, give it 15 minutes to crash properly (it's entered an infinite loop and it's waiting to get enough iterations to terminate), then look at the error message you get - it'll mention a class name at the very beginning of the error message: memorize that class name.

Then you load your save game and immediately hit PAUSE (it's the button up there over the Home console on your keyboard). Then press tilde and type "killall" followed by the class name the error message gave you. Unpause, and all should be good. Then save your game :P

And start saving more frequently.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Kman
Thug

Post by Kman »

Well, I went back to DXO and got past it, there are no more problems. Oh and trust me, I save frequently, actually I'd say excessively, I just don't use multiple slots is all, now I am.

Now I'm at HTTP GameSpy, its awesome but these Alien Phasers lag the crap out of me when they teleport, oh well.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Kman wrote: Now I'm at HTTP GameSpy, its awesome but these Alien Phasers lag the crap out of me when they teleport, oh well.
They don't teleport, they just sorta turn invisibles and run :), atleast this is how it seems to work, since you can block a doorway and they will pretty much run into you trying to fulfill thier backstab script :D
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

No, they do teleport.

But the function they use to pick a destination is largely similar to that used for pawns that don't teleport, so you might spot some similarities.. :)
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

DDL wrote:No, they do teleport.

But the function they use to pick a destination is largely similar to that used for pawns that don't teleport, so you might spot some similarities.. :)
Weird, I could have sworn I managed to kill an invisible phaser at some point, oh well.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Jonas wrote:When your game freezes, give it 15 minutes to crash properly (it's entered an infinite loop and it's waiting to get enough iterations to terminate), then look at the error message you get - it'll mention a class name at the very beginning of the error message: memorize that class name. Then you load your save game and immediately hit PAUSE (it's the button up there over the Home console on your keyboard). Then press tilde and type "killall" followed by the class name the error message gave you.
Awesome, thanks. I was just force-quitting the game. I'd would have posted more useful bug reports. The only ones I could clarify since I was posting them would be the simultaneous audio crashes: one running out of Phas' apartment with the door guy talking and two unread PMs, and just outside with the conversation and the PM about needing credits. I need a new sound card.