Patch 1.0.3

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Patch 1.0.3

Post by Jonas »

There is a sign at the entrance telling you to put away your guns :P

You just be happy we fixed the pre-release bug where your fists counted as weapons.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Felix3322
NSF

Post by Felix3322 »

I really hope this is just my game and that you guys know how to fix it... But every med bot in the game is gone......
SGU
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Felix3322 wrote:I really hope this is just my game and that you guys know how to fix it... But every med bot in the game is gone......
I just loaded a map and there is a med bot there.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Felix3322
NSF

Post by Felix3322 »

Really. I guess I will uninstall and load from the beginning. Should I go from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 to 1.0.3? ?
SGU
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Unfortunately if you haven't loaded 1.02 that would be yes. Going from 1.01 to 1.03 leaves you with texture issues. When I initially downloaded TNM I patched with 1.02 but if you haven't done that I suppose the numerical progression is the way to go.

Edit: Sorry, if you are reinstalling you could patch 1.02 and then to 1.03 I think without doing 1.0 and 1.01 I mean .
Last edited by bobby 55 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Felix3322
NSF

Post by Felix3322 »

I though I was running 1.0.2 But I guess not. I have several texture errors that were not there before. For Example, The empty soda cans are the HDTP Pots. I am going to assume this is what is causing my missing med bot problem. I will just uninstall it all and go again. I have not even entered PDX or WC yet so no harm done.
SGU
Felix3322
NSF

Post by Felix3322 »

Gah! So I uninstalled everything. I installed Deus EX, Then played it, then installed TNM, then played it, then installed 1.0.2, then 1.0.3. Now when I play the training mission I can not "use the book". Well I mean I can but it does not trigger the next PM....
SGU
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Shit! Either everything wasn't uninstalled correctly or you may have corrupted files in the reinstall. I also suggest that after playing Deus Ex you should patch TNM before playing it. It may be worth it to uninstall TNM, reinstall, then patch before playing it.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Jaedar wrote:
Hassat Hunter wrote: Worked for me (PDX).
I'm playing WC, and I knocked out pretty much every named character in the game that can be knocked out before going to DXI.(except for jojo, since that closes the mission) What can I say, I love me the stun-gloves :)
Worked fine for me too WC. Then again; I didn't manically knocked down every living being for fun :lol:.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Felix3322
NSF

Post by Felix3322 »

Well to update I Downloaded it all again and then reinstalled. It seems to be working now.
SGU
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Felix3322 wrote:Well to update I Downloaded it all again and then reinstalled. It seems to be working now.
\0/ that's good news, enjoy.
Felix3322
NSF

Post by Felix3322 »

GAH! I am having more problems that I did on my first 2 playthroughs!

I have gotten this error 2 times-

Assertion Failed: Playing.Channel [File.D:\prj\Clean\Galaxy\Src\UnGalaxy.cpp] [Line: 1876]

History: StartSample <- UpdateSounds <- UGalaxyAudioSubsystem::Update <- UGame::Draw <- UWindowsViewPort::Repaint <- UWindowsClient:Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- XGameEngineExt::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

I have no idea what is causing this as is has happened in Very different places each time. Any help would be appreciated.
SGU
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I'm not certain but that may be a sound issue. Have you restarted the computer after getting that error? Also was there any sound distortion like crackling before that?
Felix3322
NSF

Post by Felix3322 »

There was actually a bit of crackling. I have set my Latency to 80 instead of the standard 40 but it does not seem to be helping any more.
SGU
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

There has been a few of us have sound related crashes. Restarting the computer works for me while others just log in and out of the game a few times. I'm not absolutely certain that your error is the same as others though. However until someone a bit more savvy comes along that's the best I can offer.