Patch 1.0.3

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: Patch 1.0.3

Post by Jaedar »

bobby 55 wrote:I also have Dual core optimizer installed, that saves having to set the affinity thing in a few games.
DX doesn't have dual-core problems though. at least not for me.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Jaedar wrote:
bobby 55 wrote:I also have Dual core optimizer installed, that saves having to set the affinity thing in a few games.
Yeah, I got it when I was having graphical issues with TNM. I must find that fellas name that gave a few tips on all that render crash related stuff.

Edit: Checked TNM system files and have a GL 3 driver (NVidia specific perhaps). Funny if I upgraded to that and that did the trick.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Jaedar wrote:
Good for you that you don't experience them, but DX does in fact have dual-core problems, that's the point of Hanfling's DX launcher and that other, fancier one.

sleepy47: Try downloading the Direct3D9 renderer and using that instead. Make sure you set your resolution in TNM.ini, not with the display menu in-game.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
sleepy47
Thug

Post by sleepy47 »

Thanks Jonas.

I've always wondered why the option in the original game goes to 1280 X 1024, but every time I've tried to set it to that in the options menu, it never worked, so I did go into the ini and changed it there for TNM. All's good now, however I can't tell what renderer I'm using in the ini.

This is listed at the top under engine; GameRenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice

However 8 or 9 lines below that I have this; RenderDevice=GlideDrv.GlideRenderDevice

So I'm confused as to which renderer I'm actually using. And is the Direct3D9 renderer something I just google and download? Or is it something specific to TNM. I tried a link for it here in one of the threads but it was broken. The game actually looks pretty damn good now that I have it set to 1280 X 1024 but there's an awful lot of jaggies. Can you enable AA somewhere in the ini?

Appreciate the replys.

Duh! Never mind. Found it by doing a search on these forums and found a link that works. But what do I do now? Extract to TNM main folder?
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

sleepy47 wrote:but there's an awful lot of jaggies.
Yeah, this is a renderer issue, try changing :)
Yeah the system folder in TNM, or the system folder in DX, I can't remember which though.
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Put it in your Deus Ex folder and then uh... you'll need to make a change in your TNM.ini, change your GameRenderDevice property to use the D3D9 renderer. I don't remember what it's called though, and I can't check on this machine. Is there no readme in the zip file?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Jonas wrote:Put it in your Deus Ex folder and then uh... you'll need to make a change in your TNM.ini, change your GameRenderDevice property to use the D3D9 renderer. I don't remember what it's called though, and I can't check on this machine. Is there no readme in the zip file?
or, you can try starting TNM, going to settings/display and click select rendering device. That method doesn't work for everyone it seems, but it is the easiest way.
odio ergo sum
sleepy47
Thug

Post by sleepy47 »

Jaedar wrote:
Jonas wrote:Put it in your Deus Ex folder and then uh... you'll need to make a change in your TNM.ini, change your GameRenderDevice property to use the D3D9 renderer. I don't remember what it's called though, and I can't check on this machine. Is there no readme in the zip file?
or, you can try starting TNM, going to settings/display and click select rendering device. That method doesn't work for everyone it seems, but it is the easiest way.
OK here's my problem. I have the DX9 renderer that Jonas said to download in my original Deus Ex folder, but there are 2 files there. D3D9Drv.dll and D3D9Drv.int.

Under [Engine.Engine] in both the TNM ini and the original DE ini it says GameRenderDevice=GlideDrv.GlideRenderDevice as things stand now.

I can change the rendering device from within the game, but the D3D9 renderer isn't an option there. So I assume I have to change the renderer in either the DE ini or TNM ini. Which game do I add the line to, and which file? The D3D9Drv.dll? or the D3D9Drv.int? Or both???? Haha, sorry I suck at this stuff but would like the game to look the best it can.

Thanks
xcomcmdr
Thug

Post by xcomcmdr »

To sleepy47 :

The setup is like this :
- the two DX9 (.int and .dll) files are in the "System" folder of Deus Ex.
In TNM\System\TNM.ini, you must use :

Code: Select all

GameRenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
(in the "Engine.Engine" section)
Also, make sure that the target of the Windows shorcut you use to launch TNM is written like this :

D:\Jeux\DeusEx\System\TNM.exe INI=D:\Jeux\DeusEx\TNM\System\TNM.ini USERINI=D:\Jeux\DeusEx\TNM\System\TNMUser.ini log=D:\Jeux\DeusEx\TNM\System\TNM.log
(if you use the above line, "D:\Jeux\DeusEx\System" and "D:\Jeux\DeusEx\TNM\System" must be replaced with your own paths to DeusEx' and TNM's System directories).

Normally, TNM's installer has already provided the proper links, but you never know.

On first run with the DX9 renderer (or any renderer), be sure to check your display and graphics settings in TNM's menu.
If you need to change/create the [D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice] section of TNM.ini, you can use the following exemple as a base :

[D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice]
ZRangeHack=False
NoAATiles=True
NumAASamples=4
UseAA=True
RequestHighResolutionZ=True
UseSoftwareVertexProcessing=False
UsePureDevice=False
UseTripleBuffering=True
MaskedTextureHack=True
SmoothMaskedTextures=False
SceneNodeHack=True
FrameRateLimit=0
SwapInterval=-1
UseFragmentProgram=False
UseVertexProgram=False
TexDXT1ToDXT3=False
DynamicTexIdRecycleLevel=100
CacheStaticMaps=False
UseTexPool=True
UseTexIdPool=True
UseSSE2=True
UseSSE=True
BufferTileQuads=True
BufferClippedActorTris=True
SinglePassDetail=False
SinglePassFog=False
ColorizeDetailTextures=False
DetailClipping=False
UseDetailAlpha=True
DetailMax=0
RefreshRate=0
MaxTMUnits=0
NoFiltering=False
MaxAnisotropy=0
Use565Textures=False
Use16BitTextures=False
UseS3TC=False
UseAlphaPalette=False
UseTrilinear=True
UsePrecache=False
UsePalette=False
UseMultiTexture=True
MaxLogTextureSize=8
MinLogTextureSize=0
MaxLogVOverU=8
MaxLogUOverV=8
OneXBlending=True
GammaCorrectScreenshots=False
GammaOffsetBlue=0.000000
GammaOffsetGreen=0.000000
GammaOffsetRed=0.000000
GammaOffset=0.000000
LODBias=0.000000
DetailTextures=True
DescFlags=0
Description=
HighDetailActors=True
Coronas=False
ShinySurfaces=True
VolumetricLighting=True
(normally, it's created on first run)

PS:
If you crash TNM (or DeusEx), it will display a setup menu the next time you run it.
From there, you can change the 3D renderer, click on "show all devices", and you'll see all the 3D renderers available, including the DX9 one.
I don't know (or forgot) how to display that menu without having to crash the game (or kill it's process with the Task Manager) on purpose. :oops:
Mole Person

Post by 459 »

I seem to have a problem with the mod constantly crashing at GameSpy when I try to complete the PDX plot. After liberating DD and pushing the four buttons at annihilation on deck 4, I go to deck 2. I kill Kylie and go to disable Narcissus to the pit. I haven't had the patience to complete the puzzle but since my hack skill is capped, I just hack it instead. Evil_Invasion speaks his lines but just as Narcissus tries to talk, the game throws a general protection fault error, throwing me back to Windows. http://koti.mbnet.fi/tuhos/tnm_pdxend_crash.png is the link for a picture including the error box.

If you have any ideas: Please tell me WTF?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

xcomcmdr wrote:To sleepy47 :

I don't know (or forgot) how to display that menu without having to crash the game (or kill it's process with the Task Manager) on purpose. :oops:
I believe there is an option for that in the Deus Ex folder on the start menu.

Hit the Deus Ex in safe mode option and it's there.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
sleepy47
Thug

Post by sleepy47 »

xcomcmdr wrote:To sleepy47 :

The setup is like this :
- the two DX9 (.int and .dll) files are in the "System" folder of Deus Ex.
In TNM\System\TNM.ini, you must use :

GameRenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice[/quote]

Worked like a charm. I didn't bother with the target line in the shortcut, because as soon as I added the D3D9 renderer to the TNM ini, it appeared in the options and I was good to go. I'm finding it looks noticeably better.

Thank you very much.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

459 wrote:I seem to have a problem with the mod constantly crashing at GameSpy when I try to complete the PDX plot. After liberating DD and pushing the four buttons at annihilation on deck 4, I go to deck 2. I kill Kylie and go to disable Narcissus to the pit. I haven't had the patience to complete the puzzle but since my hack skill is capped, I just hack it instead. Evil_Invasion speaks his lines but just as Narcissus tries to talk, the game throws a general protection fault error, throwing me back to Windows. http://koti.mbnet.fi/tuhos/tnm_pdxend_crash.png is the link for a picture including the error box.

If you have any ideas: Please tell me WTF?
I've had that one before. STICK to the console until both Evil and Narcissus are done talking (it's caused by Narcissus PM playing too far from the console for some reason in some games, never had it happen other games), that should prevent it from crashing. Then just continue as usual.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Double post (forgive me), but this is a new issue (I think), not a response to someone else's issues.

I think 1.0.3 broke the item consistency of items in the Sewers of the Corperate district, since I can find Spider cannisters and Recoil weapon mods again, even if I found them already on day 1, and I don't recall having said items found in the sewers on day 2 previous 1.0.2 and 1.0.1 games.
Or is this intended to make the sewers more interesting? ;)
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Mole Person

Post by 459 »

Hassat Hunter wrote: I've had that one before. STICK to the console until both Evil and Narcissus are done talking (it's caused by Narcissus PM playing too far from the console for some reason in some games, never had it happen other games), that should prevent it from crashing. Then just continue as usual.
Standing still next to the console after hacking it causes the game to crash just in the same fashion as before. Does anyone have a solution for the actual puzzle so I could try whether completing it will do the trick?