Patch 1.0.3

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Patch 1.0.3

Post by bobby 55 »

Sorry they are randomly generated. Some are hard , some easy.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

bobby 55 wrote:Sorry they are randomly generated. Some are hard , some easy.
Most just require some thinking.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

459 wrote:Standing still next to the console after hacking it causes the game to crash just in the same fashion as before. Does anyone have a solution for the actual puzzle so I could try whether completing it will do the trick?
Well, I hacked it that game too, and it only happened when being in the bot's room when Narcissus PM started running. But if my fix doesn't solve your crash I guess it's not the same issue after all... Sorry.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

I just got a message from kylie in DXI, where she got pissed off for me knocking out ZP. Problem is, I'm WC and I did that long ago.

Edit; also on day two, my goal to see pimp-jojo closes instantly when I go to downtown, meaning I can't get my rewards.
odio ergo sum
Felix3322
NSF

Post by Felix3322 »

Ummm I know you are not going to make a 1.0.4.... But there is no Med Bot in the room with the AUGS in the training mission anymore.... I have tried 4 times and it is till not there...
SGU
Kyran
Thug

Post by Kyran »

I may have come across a bug. When I enter Sol's bar Griffin targets me as an enemy and attacks. I ran away, came back, and AO, Jackie, Zero and Spaceman (along with a few bystanders) were all dead, but Griffin was completely happy to talk to me like nothing had happened. I went straight to Sol's bar after exiting the apartment building.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

That's weird. Are you playing with the 1.03 patch? Use any cheats before going to Sol's?
Kyran
Thug

Post by Kyran »

Yep. I've got the latest. Nope, cheats aren't enabled.

Oh, one of the lockers in Sol's bar is also invisible. o.0

My upgrade path has been vanilla, 1.0.1, 1.0.2 and then the latest one. This problem wasn't in vanilla.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Kyran wrote:Yep. I've got the latest. Nope, cheats aren't enabled.
Sorry Kyran had to ask. I haven't a clue what might have caused that so Ithink you'll get more qualified advice from someone else. Don't know how long you'll have to wait but if you saved before then and go back if Kylies hostile you could try : loveme (cheat). Did you have a weapon drawn there?....that's an afterthought.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Just to check: you're remembering to put away your weapons in the bar, right?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Edit; also on day two, my goal to see pimp-jojo closes instantly when I go to downtown, meaning I can't get my rewards.
Worked for me (PDX).
Ummm I know you are not going to make a 1.0.4.... But there is no Med Bot in the room with the AUGS in the training mission anymore.... I have tried 4 times and it is till not there...
They are going to make a 1.0.4, because of the DXI Crash issue. But this is... interesting. Should try the training next time I start TNM.
Oh, one of the lockers in Sol's bar is also invisible. o.0
Yeah, that seems to happen from time to time. Opening others should make it visible. Also with a locker in the PartyZone (Michelle's office).

And now for some undocumented fixes I noticed in 1.0.3:
* I was about to write in my walkthrough how you could just kill your way into DXE and still get skillpoints, when I notice you cannot actually do that anymore. Oh, nobody thinks about us poor triggerhappy people :P.
* Scara can talk again post-DXI when Kylie is dead. Sadly it seems this means no ZP-mission instead of a Kylie-less approach to the ZP-mission. Oh well... guess that's another punishment for being triggerhappy (and powergamer needing his cool toy).
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hah! I totally forgot about those fixes :lol:

And yeah, there's nothing to do about the invisible cabinet doors, it's sadly a bug in the Unreal Engine. The only thing to do is randomly recreate them and rebuild the map until by some unknown magic, the engine finally understands what it's supposed to do. And it only lasts until the next time the map needs to be rebuilt for some reason (for example because all those recent rebuilds fucked up the zoning or the BSP somewhere else).

Bottom line: old tech is hell to work with :P
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Hassat Hunter wrote: Worked for me (PDX).
I'm playing WC, and I knocked out pretty much every named character in the game that can be knocked out before going to DXI.(except for jojo, since that closes the mission) What can I say, I love me the stun-gloves :)
odio ergo sum
Kyran
Thug

Post by Kyran »

Oh, so Griffin had some traumatic terrible event happen in the past involving the Trestkon and his knife, hence why she freaked when I decided to wave one around like a feather duster.

The door girl could have reminded me. #-o
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Kyran wrote:Oh, so Griffin had some traumatic terrible event happen in the past involving the Trestkon and his knife, hence why she freaked when I decided to wave one around like a feather duster.

The door girl could have reminded me. #-o
Hahaha! Yeah, since she doesn't like her that much.