Patch 1.0.3

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
SelfishAl
Thug

Re: Patch 1.0.3

Post by SelfishAl »

yes, 1.0.3
Morti
UNATCO

Post by Morti »

Jonas wrote:You guys who experienced crashes in the DXI sequence: do you remember if you used ESC to quit the computer interface right after executing the file?
This time I pressed return and then logout, still the same problem.

Here it is:
General protection fault! wrote:History: UObject::GetFullName <- UObject::IsValid <-
UObject::GetFullName <- UStruct::CleanupDestroyed <- (Class
TNMGUI.dxigInfo) <- CleanupRefs <- ULevel::CleanupDestroyed <-
ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <-
XGameEngineExt::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop
Problem occurs just seconds after logging out (That Guy got as far as the word "fissure" I think). It's fine if you blow up the terminals and kill the dudes (although blowing up the terminals and running away from them doesn't activate the lift, they must be incapacitated).

I've now had it on two separate playthroughs so I'm reporting it like a bug in a more serious way. However! Good news! Since 1.0.3 I finally got to the ending of the game without any serious game-breaking issues! Huzzah!

Only problems I really came across were this and my computer not being powerful enough to handle the phaser aliens (my frame rate drops to approximately 1 whenever I look at them phasing). I wasn't that bothered though, I started cheating. To be honest I was just happy to finally see the game beyond the outside of ABI. :D

If you're interested in specs I have a Compaq CQ60 running Windows 7 RTM. I can get more specific if it matters.

As an aside, "I AM THE SUPREME RULER OF THE INTERNET" is one of my favourite lines in anything ever.
SelfishAl
Thug

Post by SelfishAl »

yeah, I was finally able to make it to gamespy
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

This isn't game breaking, Abom destroyed A2 before I could disable him. I've just started ABI and A2 was there and I got a PM from NVSHacker. Frobed A2 but nothing happened because he was destroyed earlier I suppose.
Edit: Also tried various things at ABI (front gate) that caused me to have crashes pre patch and I'm happy to say there were none.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
povuholo
Thug

Post by povuholo »

This news should be on the TNM front page! =D>
Morti
UNATCO

Post by Morti »

That's another one. A2 didn't do anything at ABI, just sat there and I couldn't frob him.
povuholo
Thug

Post by povuholo »

A problem... After updating from V1.02 to V1.03, many of my saves won't load. I get a general protection fault error every time with certain saves, which crashes the game. Saves in Worldcorp HQ loads fine. Raving's weapon shop too. But the slums, downtown district and goat city (all outside) won't.

Do I need to provide more information about the crash? I can make a screenshot of it. It's similar to Morti's crash report on the previous page.

From what I can tell (but I'm no expert) All of the crashes seem to be related to the (patroling of) guards in the section. Goat guards in goat city, firewalls in the slums and downtown district.

The crashes do not seem to occur when starting a new game. But this is my first playthrough, and I'm quite far along now, so I really don't want to start a new game if there's a solution.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

povuholo wrote:A problem... After updating from V1.02 to V1.03, many of my saves won't load. I get a general protection fault error every time with certain saves, which crashes the game. Saves in Worldcorp HQ loads fine. Raving's weapon shop too. But the slums, downtown district and goat city (all outside) won't.
I beleive a certain incompatibility with previous saves was mentioned. But yeah I seem to have this as well. Some random patrol causes an error. Probably because they changed the way patrolling works with this patch to prevent infinite loop crashes :D
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Mole Person

Post by 459 »

I'll have to congratulate the mod crew for one hell of a undertaking getting this thing together! I just spent whole weekend, around 16-18 hours, playing the mod. Now I completed the storyline (WC/Llama) without getting stuck too many times by serious bugs. I had slight issues with several elevators and moving platforms though: The elevator at ABI shuttle bay which leads to the observation deck where the ABI leader is works in an erratic manner: when I go to the elevator AND press the button before the doors shut themselves the elevator won't operate and by whacking the buttons I was once even able to get the doors inoperable in such manner that I was unable to exit the elevator, requiring reloading an earlier save. Also, I was able to get at least one of the rotating bridges at the deck 4 of space station stuck by selecting next option of bridge orientation while it was moving. The space station main elevator doors didn't work that well all the time either: I once ended up having the outer doors opening while the inner doors were closing, practically making the elevator a possible place of getting stuck. Thank god that I was saving the game like every five minutes all the time since there was one showstopper. I've already restarted the game in order to see the opposing storyline.

BTW: You should update the 1.0.3 to the homepages. It still seems to be showing 1.0.2.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

459 wrote:Thank god that I was saving the game like every five minutes all the time since there was one showstopper. I've already restarted the game in order to see the opposing storyline.
Use the "ghost" cheat if you get stuck, it is way easier than reloading.
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Yikes! You don't have to worry about spoilers with bug reports here 459. As Jonas pointed out to me there is a large warning at the top of the first page.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
povuholo
Thug

Post by povuholo »

Is there a way to revert to a previous version (1.02) of the mod, without completely reinstalling it? And would it make my savegames work again?
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

If you still have the .exe on your computer try that. Otherwise, you may have to reinstall :/
odio ergo sum
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

No; you would have to re-install.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
XELA NAMYT
Mole Person

Post by XELA NAMYT »

Hi,

I only found this mod yesterday, but I snapped it up straight away as DE has always been my favourite game.

Anyway, I installed DE, 1.112f patch, TNM and THM 1.0.2, I didn't know about 1.0.3 at the time.

My question is, should I update to 1.0.3 as it seems like there have been a few problems with the patch after reading this thread, but much of it doesn't make sense due to me only just getting out of the apartment building at the beginning of the game.

If people think I should upgrade, then should I just upgrade with my current 1.0.2 installation or should I start from scratch? I can't seem to find a reference anywhere about adding just the latest patch or all of them in order. Basically is it a culimative patch or individual?

Thanks very much.