Strange error in Sol's (ConCamera)

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Delta2501
UNATCO

Strange error in Sol's (ConCamera)

Post by Delta2501 »

I've been getting an error message when I try to go into Sol's:
Failed launching URL
[off screen] find ConCamera in file 'ConCamera DeusEx.Came[off screen]

I attached a screenshot if that helps.

When I say off screen I mean that the left and right sides of the message are off the screen sides. Basically when I enter Sol's now this message appears and I can only move slowly and not interact with things. The bar inside doesn't appear to have loaded as there is nothing behind the glass etc. and I can still see the rest of the town if I turn around, so I guess the error is stopping the next area from loading.

I don't know if this is significant but I think it started happening when I was brute forcing the quotes game (quickloading for right answers) and accidentally hit save and load very quickly right as the dialogue ended.

Note I was working on 1.02 when it first happened and it kept happening after I reinstalled and re-patched (I'm downloading the 1.03 patch now but didn't see anything like this in the changes).

Any idea how I screwed myself over? Is this merely divine retribution for cheating on the quotes game? Guess I angered the Entity again...
Attachments
Here is a screen cap of what happens after the SAVING message disappears
Here is a screen cap of what happens after the SAVING message disappears
Made in China
MJ12

Re: Strange error in Sol's (ConCamera)

Post by Made in China »

You've probably corrupted Sol's Bar map in your save directory.
In order to fix it, you need to delete that map from your save folder, of course after you've loaded and save your game in another map.

I don't really know if it'll cause any further problems, though if you haven't killed anyone - I don't think it would. Just redo any conversations you had, and stop cheating at the quotes game - it just isn't cool.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Made in China wrote: and stop cheating at the quotes game - it just isn't cool.
But that's the only way I can win!
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Delta2501
UNATCO

Post by Delta2501 »

Thanks, I'll give it a try (though I'm pretty sure I already loaded from a slightly earlier save and still had the problem when I tried going in).

As for the quotes game, come on, I need credits and don't see that many movies. Seeing as I use the lockpick glitch too I guess I'm just not that strict with myself in games. I'm sure a psychoanalyst would have lots to say about what this says about me...
Delta2501
UNATCO

Post by Delta2501 »

Well, that seemed to work, and it even remembers me speaking to people for some reason (guess that data is stored elsewhere). Thanks again for the tip. Now I have to go get some credits.

[analyst's note: patient shows no signs of reform]
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

It's highly likely that was indeed caused by saving during a convo-close (You can pause and escape and all that stuff during then, but you will lack the proper HUD).

As for the map. The map itself just stores actors and itemry and stuff (mover states, whatever). The conversations are done by triggers and flags (just cheat "Legend"), so they are saved even if you leave the map. So if you re-"make" the map it not forget that. However certain previous dead NPC's and such may come alive if their death is not flagged, since the game then doesn't know they are supposed to be dead. However if they are flagged as having to be deleted the game removes them (if they are already present, and not supposed to spawn in or such).

Does that answer the question?
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Delta2501
UNATCO

Post by Delta2501 »

Makes sense, thanks. It's interesting how there are these layers of complexity behind what happens in games that most players wouldn't even be aware of.