Installer problem

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
crubble
Mole Person

Installer problem

Post by crubble »

Hi Guys!

I read in a popular germean computer mag about the nameless mod and remembered the nice hours with Deus Ex a long time ago. So I downloaded and tried to install it. But when the installer is asking about the installation directory of Deus Ex, I cannot klick on "next". It stays gray and unclickable. What to do? I tried the exe and the iso file. Same story.
I've installed Deus Ex in C:\Games\DeusEx. It's recognized correctly by the installer. I also klicked on "Browse" and selected the directory manually.

Thx 4 help and the nice mod!

Greetz from germany

Fabian
Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: Installer problem

Post by Jaedar »

Sounds like some weird localization error or something. Not sure how you would go about to fix it though. You may want to try reinstalling DX, and make sure it is patched to latest version (1222fm I think).
Either way, welcome to the forums.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

crubble wrote:Hi Guys!

I read in a popular germean computer mag about the nameless mod and remembered the nice hours with Deus Ex a long time ago. So I downloaded and tried to install it. But when the installer is asking about the installation directory of Deus Ex, I cannot klick on "next". It stays gray and unclickable. What to do? I tried the exe and the iso file. Same story.
I've installed Deus Ex in C:\Games\DeusEx. It's recognized correctly by the installer. I also klicked on "Browse" and selected the directory manually.

Thx 4 help and the nice mod!

Greetz from germany

Fabian
That's a bit of an odd problem. Are you running Vista, by chance? Sometimes the stupid UAC security thingy causes troubles for the installer. If you ARE running Vista, try disabling it by following these instructions: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Window ... e1033.mspx

If that doesn't work just come back and we'll sort it out :) What mag did you read about TNM in?
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
crubble
Mole Person

Post by crubble »

Ok. I've reinstalled DX (it's already version 1222fm) in "C:\Deus Ex" and tried it again but it's still not working.

I'm running Win XP SP3 on this machine. No annoying UAC.

I've the fear that I'm somehow missing something simple ....

It has been the "c't". It's not a gamers mag it's more sophisticated ;) about software, hardware and everthing around that. There are always two pages about games and there was a note that there's a Deus Ex mod called "The nameless mod".

Maybe it's interessting for you, so I can try to tanslate it in proper english (I hope it sounds not to bumpy):
With Deus Ex a shooter with thrilling story and roleplay game elements has been released in 2000 which kept a big fan community. Now a large mod project arose from there."The Nameless Mod" takes the player in a futuristic world full of crime and daily violence. The only hope for the population are the few moderators which decide about justice and injustice. As suddendly a moderator vanishes the player gets the mission to find him. Depending on the attitude of the player the story leads to different ending versions.
I hope it sounds not to germEnglisch :)
Attachments
tnm.png
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

You are missing something simple. Look at the numbers at the bottom left. You need to clear up some diskspace :)

You need 1.3GB to install it, and then probably one more GB for the save games.
odio ergo sum
crubble
Mole Person

Post by crubble »

OMG :? :oops: :( :x :roll: :so:

:D :D :D Thx :)
crubble
Mole Person

Post by crubble »

You won't believe it. But after cleaning up my diks: it works! :)

How embarrassing ...
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

You are most welcome.
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

crubble wrote:I hope it sounds not to germEnglisch :)
Perfect translation thanks.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Ooo, thanks for the translation!

And thanks for scrutinizing that screenshot, Jaedar, I don't know if I would have caught that :p
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Trestkon wrote:Ooo, thanks for the translation!
And thanks for scrutinizing that screenshot, Jaedar, I don't know if I would have caught that :p
I only noticed it cause I'm always low on disc space :) Glad it could be of use for once :mrgreen:
odio ergo sum