Ran out of Virtual memory?

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
JC_Helios
X-51

Ran out of Virtual memory?

Post by JC_Helios »

I have a save in the slums district and anytime I go to the Central district my game crashes with the attached error report. The first thing I did was got rid of some stuff on my hard drive that has deus ex on it. When that didn't work I got rid of theNew Vision textures, then I tried switching to the direct3d renderer, and I even tried the software renderer. As far as I can tell the error message is false, I have plenty of virtual memory, and space on my hard drives.

I'm playing with patch 1.0.3 and I have Shifter as well as New Vision and HDTP. I've played through TNM 4+ times some of those times with 1.0.2 patch+HDTP+New Vision+ the ENB Series.... So as far as I can tell this problem was brought on by 1.0.3 or something with the save, because I was in the Central district just a few days ago and it was working fine, but after leaving it I can't come back now.
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Servalan
Thug

Re: Ran out of Virtual memory?

Post by Servalan »

I had a similar problem a few months back. After trying a number of things, including uninstalling and reisntalling the game, I found three TNM-related files in my DX\system folder. When I got rid of those (copied them first just in case), the virtual memory problem went away.

Hopefully it's something that simple for you, too.

Edit: Fixed formatting.
And I hope, and I dream, and I pray
That sometime we'll find a way
JC_Helios
X-51

Re: Ran out of Virtual memory?

Post by JC_Helios »

I reloaded the save from just before I left the first HUB, did the same stuff in the Slums and things seem to be going fine this time.