Game Crashes in ABI

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
GrantW
Mole Person

Game Crashes in ABI

Post by GrantW »

Entered the ABI Office Building through the front door, after alerting a few guards, the game would freeze, though the music kept playing as normal (didn't loop). Tried the 1.03 patch, now the game doesn't freeze but simply crashes, get the following error:

I'm assuming that the only thing I can do is restart from a previous save but I do not have one. If there is no solution, does anyone have a save near ABI that is allied with DXP?

Thank you for your help.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Game Crashes in ABI

Post by Jonas »

Well, before you do anything drastic, you can try pausing the game as soon as it loads the savegame, if you have time for it, and type "killall ABISecurityGuard" into the console (caps aren't necessary). If it works, it'll make that particular level a lot easier though.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Welcome to the forums.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
GrantW
Mole Person

Post by GrantW »

I'm not sure if this is what you mean by pausing, but I can manage to bring up the menu screen by mashing ESC while loading the save, but I don't know how to bring up the console line or whatever while in it.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

No, Deus Ex is old enough to have a dedicated pause button. When you press it, the word "Paused" should appear in the middle of your display written in small white letters.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
GrantW
Mole Person

Post by GrantW »

Excellent. Worked like a charm, thanks for the help.