Patch 1.0.4

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: Patch 1.0.4

Post by Jaedar »

povuholo wrote:It might make sense to have the full download executable to be higher on the download page than the 1.0.4 patch since it was updated to 1.0.4 now.
No 'tisn't
They said they wuz gonna wait 'till they finished the dev commentary stuff.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

No, check the links, it's been updated. We haven't updated the DVD yet, because we're waiting to finish the last bonus content first, but the .exe has is now version 1.0.4.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Hassat Hunter wrote:Well, I am currently wasting my time checking all the .con files and fixing errors and making little adjustments to things that bother me and others.
Changelist so far (fixed all convo issues I could find. Debugging (probably heavily needed) and coding is up next).
[Removed Temp. Fixlist because the thing is done. Expect a final list soon.]
Last edited by Hassat Hunter on Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Holy crap Hassat, is there no end to your talents? :smile:
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Grimples
Thug

Post by Grimples »

The Nano Sword dont break doors or pipes no more, is this the patch or is it something i have done? I did change bUnlockedSword to False as i can find no info on what it does, when i discovered that the Nano dont break no more & set it back to True & started a new game, Nano still dont break doors or pipes.

(edit)
Nah! am loosing it, cannot be the patch. Tis a fresh install of DeusEx with the 104 patch, & i have been able to break certain doors & that pipe in the sewer. Fresh install again me thinks & make a copy of all .ini files before i start mucking aboot :wacko:

Apologies for the clutter.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Don't do anything drastic. Doors have different strengths, generally you won't be able to break most doors with the nanosword because it deals 5x20 damage, whereas eg. Ronin's katana deals 1x30 damage (which is the damage threshold of most wooden doors in TNM). No need to reinstall the game.

The bUnlockedSword setting is unrelated to any of this.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Grimples
Thug

Post by Grimples »

This is getting off topic, sorry!

Well something has happened to my DeusEx/TNM, as the nano sword will not break doors it broke two days ago. I still want the original ini files anyways as i have been mucking aboot with them & i forget the changes i made.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Probably related to skill level (since that increases damage done) or the usage of targetting (increases damage) and that melee damage aug one (combat strength I think it was?)
Grimples
Thug

Post by Grimples »

Never use the targeting or the combat strength augs. Did a reinstall & decided not to use the nanosword & went for DR's Katana instead, it broke those doors & that pipe. Always kinda felt guilty using the nanosword as it is overly powerful.

- Replaced the boardguests in Downtown and Corporate with boardguest generators so you will never again run out of target practice!
These only generate to ten, then no more. I went round Downtown & whacked em' all, did notarf cause some lag as my PC aint that good :(
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Another reason may be you used 1.0.2 before? The 1.0.3 patch fixed many damage threshold issues, just so I would shut up :P.

Well, this is in the code:

Code: Select all

PawnClasses(0)=(Count=5,PawnClass=Class'BoardGuest1')
     PawnClasses(1)=(Count=5,PawnClass=Class'BoardGuest2')
I assume the counts mean that it can only generate 5 of each, so that would indeed mean a limit of 10. If it doesn't mean that, not sure what's at fault... (if it's a fault)
Grimples
Thug

Post by Grimples »

Twas a fresh install of Deus Ex & TNM with only the 104 patch, never been installed before on this fresh install of XP & also a new hdd. No idea what caused it but am glad it's fixed.
jdistheone
Thug

Post by jdistheone »

Installed 1.0.4 and working through game... I have had a crash to desktop right after solving the package for disabling the AI control on the Space Station 3 x now. Evil comes on and does his speeech and it crashes at the end of it. This is part of the error message:

Class TNM.tnmdatalinkplay

Any ideas here? Renders game unplayable.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Yeah, I've had that too, but the odd thing was only if being too far from the console if Narcissus was about to speak. I could avoid it by keeping near the console until all PM's were done.

Not guaranteed to work, but worth a shot no? And if you stick near the console with getting the crashes, try vice versa.
jdistheone
Thug

Post by jdistheone »

Hey where is that 1.0.4+ patch I keep reading about on your walkthrough?
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

http://www.offtopicproductions.com/foru ... 31&t=10017
But the link is dead, so you just have to wait for the next version. It doesn't fix this issue anyway.