TNM Software Development Kit

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

TNM Software Development Kit

Post by Jonas »

Guys! Now that we've released the final official patch, it's time to also release all our development files. We're calling it an SDK, and you find the download mirrors and such here:

http://thenamelessmod.com/downloads/#downloads_sdk

The SDK contains the version 1.0.4 development files of The Nameless Mod. It contains all our uncompiled code, including NVShacker's native stuff, our models, our text files, and our conversation files plus all their audio. It doesn't contain our texture packages, our sound package, our maps, or our music, since all of that is freely accessible in the basic mod installation.

Additionally, we've included some random pieces of documentation from the mod's development (including several files that also appear in our bonus material) as well as all the little programs we used to automate certain tedious processes.

Feel free to discuss the SDK here, and hit us with any questions you might have. We can't promise we'll help you with any problems you run into, but we'll try to answer your questions as well as we can. I hope some of you will be find something to use in your own projects in here :)

Remember to check Tack's DX Lab for tutorials if you get stuck :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: TNM Software Development Kit

Post by Jaedar »

First mission: To reskin my in game avatar to look more like me/my profile image.
Second mission: Learn how to use the DX editor, create a time machine and teach me how to accomplish the first mission.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Thanks for posting everything. TNM seemed to come across a million different Deus Ex limitations, and coded them away. Plus, every mod is going to want an IRC client ;-)
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Yay again! I'm thinking of using it to make the game no-items compatible; should be pretty interesting.

Or maybe I should make 'TNM: The Adventures of Agent Smith' in which you play as me, and do random stuff for a while, before eventually reaching the epic finale where you heroically kill the evil Trestkon in the ABI underground tech labs.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

AgentSmithereens wrote:Or maybe I should make 'TNM: The Adventures of Agent Smith' in which you play as me, and do random stuff for a while, before eventually reaching the epic finale where you heroically kill the evil Trestkon in the ABI underground tech labs.
I'd play that \o/
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

AgentSmithereens wrote:Yay again! I'm thinking of using it to make the game no-items compatible; should be pretty interesting.

Or maybe I should make 'TNM: The Adventures of Agent Smith' in which you play as me, and do random stuff for a while, before eventually reaching the epic finale where you heroically kill the evil Trestkon in the ABI underground tech labs.
Or look at your own alter ego in a mirror and have to kill Agent Shimt. :P
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

If anyone were to actually do something like that I'd like to to see the Slicer mod, where you join World Corp play through the game normally, but then if you lose to Slicer in DXI (you know, the fight where they say, "whoever walks out of here alive will be the undisputed main character.") Slicer becomes the player character and you play onward as him.

To be honest, I don't see it really being that much more interesting than the mod standard, it's just that that line is crying out for a main character switch. Presumably you'd be restricted to bladed weapons after the switch. Jonas says that Slicer couldn't win in a fight against Kylie so there would need to be a way to avoid the fight (like locking the space station doors or some such.) There would be no DXE mission from Wolfy. Other than that, damned if I know what would be different.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Well, there are those lines that should be said by Slicer then.

No-one opted a "Life as Sol bouncer" mod?
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Hassat Hunter wrote:No-one opted a "Life as Sol bouncer" mod?
I've got nothing against such a mod. I'd play it if well done.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

A gimmick mod where you play through a prequel to the ABI mission as Agent Smith could be pretty hilarious: first you fight through the offices and into the labs, then you set up a forward command HQ, and then you stand around for an hour until Trestkon shows up. The mod should have two endings depending on who wins, but clearly the best part will be having to fill an hour of the player's time with minor tactical decisions delivered through the radio :P
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Mastakilla
Mole Person

Post by Mastakilla »

Okay so how do I use this to recompile TNMitems.u? I've tried some things but I fail desperately, I basically only know how to edit defaultproperties, so yeah... Help? :oops:

I'm assuming that's the kind of stuff this was released for :P
Zaine
UNATCO

Post by Zaine »

Can't wait to download this! Yay!
You Will Regret This!
Zaine
UNATCO

Post by Zaine »

Just downloaded it. Now sownloading instructions one at a time since I cannot use fileplanet sue to my server blocking the website. If anyone cna do the smae but host it on this website, I'd be very grateful! Thanks!
You Will Regret This!
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Zaine
UNATCO

Post by Zaine »

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/plan ... 8_2002.chm

Yeah, I can download each page form the link you gave, one at a time but not from the above link since my server blocks it. Also I found out I don't have the construction software to use. Owch.
You Will Regret This!