Using the SDK

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: Using the SDK

Post by Jaedar »

Hassat Hunter wrote:Not anymore when trying 2 hours to make ucc compile TNMMission20.
Who said you had to make TNM 2 in Uengine 1? :P (or whatever it is called)
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Well, ripping my hair out here because the game seems to like me to tell to fuck myself, and I have no idea how to fix it.

Issues:
* Andreus_Greetings (both days) multiple choices just "hang" until you click before they continue.
* Same with the ballet soldiers in mission 23, but no clicking possible there.
* The PM from PJ pointing to downtown I added did that too... but now it just doesn't run anymore.
* And worst... Mr. Kunio Kun seems to now completely ignore skill-checks in his multiple choices, which mean I can stock up on aug cannisters untill I drop.

AAAAAAARGH. So, am I royally screwed with no hope of redemption? :/
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hassat Hunter wrote:* Andreus_Greetings (both days) multiple choices just "hang" until you click before they continue.
* Same with the ballet soldiers in mission 23, but no clicking possible there.
* The PM from PJ pointing to downtown I added did that too... but now it just doesn't run anymore.
Did you mess with the dialogue audio? If so you probably accidentally saved it in the wrong format or with ID tags. First check the audio format (and bitrate and channels and all that) and then use dBpowerAMP or something similar to strip out the ID tags, even if it doesn't seem like it has any (they may simply be default tags with no content).
* And worst... Mr. Kunio Kun seems to now completely ignore skill-checks in his multiple choices, which mean I can stock up on aug cannisters untill I drop.
That's what you get for messing with some of my most complicated dialogue nodes. WELCOME TO MY WORLD, HASSAT. You will not enjoy your stay :twisted:
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Jonas wrote:Did you mess with the dialogue audio? If so you probably accidentally saved it in the wrong format or with ID tags. First check the audio format (and bitrate and channels and all that) and then use dBpowerAMP or something similar to strip out the ID tags, even if it doesn't seem like it has any (they may simply be default tags with no content).
Salvaged some from other conversations, so they should be good and ID tag free. Didn't have much trouble with the others though, they just work okay... :?
That's what you get for messing with some of my most complicated dialogue nodes. WELCOME TO MY WORLD, HASSAT. You will not enjoy your stay :twisted:
I hate your world...
Actually the most complicated stuff worked fine and was rather easy. But now trying to make a single subsequent line working turned into this nightmare.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

If you've even opened an audio file and saved it again with an audio programme, you'll want to clear the ID tags again just in case.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Thanks man. You're a savior. The ID3 tags were indeed the culprit, and I never EVER would have thought of that myself. But considering I cannot precisely recall what I opened, and it's better to be save than sorrow (don't want to introduce a miriad of bugs with a "patch") I just backup up what I altered, deleted the ID tags of those, then deleted everything and re-extracted it from the SDK, then re-applied my changes.
And voila, everything was fixed. Well... almost everything. The Kunio bug was human error, but it's fixed now.

Which means I am done. Yay.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

You da man Hassat :P
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Hassat Hunter wrote:Thanks man. You're a savior. The ID3 tags were indeed the culprit, and I never EVER would have thought of that myself.
You would not believe how long that problem plagued us. I think it was at least 6 months, maybe longer, before someone figured it out.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Well, I never would have figured it out myself either. Fortunately we don't have to test how long it would take if otherwise (if 6 months I probably either hung myself or sit in prison from going into a homicidal rage).

Whoever the "someone" is, thank him from me.
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

Not concerning Deus Ex in specific, but audio files are a pain in the ass.
Not only the game's engine is not coded to recognize ID3 tags (most of the time), it sometimes isn't coded to recognize the header tags as well, so opening an audio file in, let's say, Windows Media Player totally fucks it up, and, as far as I know, IT CANNOT BE RECOVERED (see case - Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines modding\sound crashes).
So yeah, for project Hyperion - if modding is planned to be possible, for the love of God - just add some decent audio coding.