Request about Statue of Liberty

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
DDentonas
UNATCO

Request about Statue of Liberty

Post by DDentonas »

I don't know if this kind of topic goes to the DXEditing subforum (a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing) so if this is the wrong subforum, i'm sorry and feel free to move it.

Anyway i'm making a Deus Ex trailer, and i wanted to make a scene with the Statue of liberty and i noticed how much it looks like shit. Is it easy for someone to make a model with higher polygon count and better textures and throw it in the game? If it is, can someone make it happen?
YK: And you... you... are a bad actress.
(unknown sound)
MC: And you have one less finger...
AlvinD
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Re: Request about Statue of Liberty

Post by AlvinD »

Hi, your best bet for 100% results is to buy one off turbosquid of something similar. Hard to recruit anyone nowadays.
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

Let's say i do. Is it a simple job to import a 3d model of the lady into DX or do i have to hire someone who does unreal engine 1 models?
(unknown sound)
~DJ~
UNATCO

Post by ~DJ~ »

Well, you can find the 3d model online, possibly free.. and post the linky here.
Anyone else then can import it to DX for you.
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

Is there a file type that works well with the Deus ex engine?
(unknown sound)
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Model like this? Splash
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

Holy shit. Yes. Ye-e-e-es.

This is what I was looking for! Is there a way to get my hands on your model? Also (now I know I'm getting greedy) can you brake the top of it's head to look like the original Deus Ex? If not, I'm not ungreatful. I'll find someone else to do it or I'll just do it myself!

Also is the position for the lead female voice actor still open? I know a gal with good equipment that could help.
(unknown sound)
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

No problem. The thing with that model, however, is that it has very simple almost single-color textures (the detailedness of the model under default lighting make it look quite nice - especially from a distant angle (even though there will be a close-up shot in the DXN intro sequence)).

I actually contemplated on making a hi-res model of the DX Statue of Liberty models as well, but ultimately chose not to (due to sucking at modelling, hence the aforementioned texture stuff >_>).

But alas, grab it from here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15991411/mp3/Bandwidth/LBRT.7z

Includes LBRT.u as well as the raw model and .UC data.

Credits for the model go to "Bartholdi/Michelangelo @ 3dvia.com (License : Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5"

(And as far as voice acting for DXN is concerned, all main characters (male and female) have been cast but many minor bit parts would definitely benefit from a voice! :] )
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

Ok, now I only have to figure out how to put this thing in the game map. But thanks! :D

I'll send you about the voice acting in a few days on your gmail!
(unknown sound)