Aliens vs Denton mod

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
miguel
UNATCO

Aliens vs Denton mod

Post by miguel »

Hello people.

I had this stupid idea while playing the crappy aliens vs predator 2010 game, and i think i can make a simple mod about it but i'm having some problems whit the AI.
It have to be aggressive and persistent. If anybody knows how to do that or can post a code here please help me.
Also, Does sombody knows if the spider phisics works on Deus Ex? It would be fun to see them crawl on the walls and ceilings to have 360 degrees of shooting fun.
This is just a simple mod im making for personal use but if i see that it is good i could share it and change the monsters whit something else to avoid copyright issues.

Here is a list of limitations:
-No motion tracker (radar)
-No auto-aim for the smartgun
-No facehuggers
-No Alien dismemberment
-No acid blood rain

Ithing doing those things is to hard.

Plese help me and tell me what do you think about it.
shadowblade34
MJ12

Re: Aliens vs Denton mod

Post by shadowblade34 »

Miguel, nice name. Wanna have my pistol? or are you content with the knife?

Anyway, you could replace the AI code for the aliens with Human AI code, and the use that because aliens use the animal Ai code
What the heck are you looking at my signature for?Read my blog
miguel
UNATCO

Post by miguel »

Rhigt now, the xenomorphs are just karkians whit a different mesh, that's ok but not enoug. They will not chase the player unless they discovers the player, i want them to always know where the player is and respawn a few seconds lather afther they get killed. I managed to get rid of the corpses and spawn flesh fragments but i want to modify them to act like a projectile and cause damage to the player.
the PHYS_Spider option doesn't works, I tried the flying option and works fine but xenomorphs doesn't fly :)

Can i have the GEP gun?
Darma
UNATCO

Post by Darma »

stick with the PROD in a hangard protected by bodytraps