Deus Ex: Human Renovation (fan patch/mod)

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
rolatis
Thug

Re: Deus Ex: Human Renovation (fan patch/mod)

Post by rolatis »

does targeting add damage to melee weapons?
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Should do, yes.
rolatis
Thug

Post by rolatis »

sweet it actually does add damage
eshkrm
Thug

Post by eshkrm »

A minor bug I noticed: jumping into a water zone while firing an assault rifle leaves the muzzle flash texture applied. This might also happen with other weapons if you can time it right, but it's easiest to see with the assault rifle. To fix this I'm pretty sure it's sufficient to just add the following code underneath any occurrence of Pawn(Owner).ClientMessage(msgNotWorking) in DeusExWeapon.uc:

Code: Select all

if (bHasMuzzleFlash)
{
    EraseMuzzleFlashTexture();
}
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

rolatis wrote:does targeting add damage to melee weapons?
DDL wrote:Should do, yes.
No, it doesn't, at least not in my mod. I believe that in vanilla DX, the targeting aug added to your effective skill, which also affected things like damage, recoil, and reload times. In my mod, it only affects accuracy.
eshkrm wrote:A minor bug I noticed: jumping into a water zone while firing an assault rifle leaves the muzzle flash texture applied. This might also happen with other weapons if you can time it right, but it's easiest to see with the assault rifle. To fix this I'm pretty sure it's sufficient to just add the following code underneath any occurrence of Pawn(Owner).ClientMessage(msgNotWorking) in DeusExWeapon.uc:

Code: Select all

if (bHasMuzzleFlash)
{
    EraseMuzzleFlashTexture();
}
Good catch. However, I think it might be better to put this in the ZoneChange() function (or whatever it's called) for either the player or the weapon. Probably. I can test it out later.
DDL wrote:Wouldn't actually be a difficult fix, I don't think, since even the "activate augs by menu" menu and the "view weaponstats" menu are separate.

If you need a reference, though:

Skill and AugCombat are applied differently: augcombat is a base multiplier to default damage, and skill then adds to that multiplier.

Combat goes x1.25, x1.5, x1.75, x2
In effect, this means they are applied the exact same way. They both give a percentage bonus, and those percentages are added together. The extra 1.0 in the aug value is implicit and can be ignored, since not even having the aug still gives you a value of 1.0; you always have that 1.0 as a base.
eshkrm
Thug

Post by eshkrm »

G-Flex wrote: Good catch. However, I think it might be better to put this in the ZoneChange() function (or whatever it's called) for either the player or the weapon. Probably. I can test it out later.
Yeah, that might be cleaner. Though probably not the player's ZoneChange() as the location on the player needed to invoke it is below the weapon's, meaning it won't catch the muzzle flash.
Captain_Destro
UNATCO

Post by Captain_Destro »

Just an update on the firing sound mod. It makes things very interesting, but not impossible in regards to stealth. But say a terrorist shoots at you, his buddies in the immediate area will hear it and help.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

Looking at ScriptedPawn.HandleShot(), they should not be reacting to shots fired by their allies. They're likely reacting to the distress emitted by the NPC shooting, or something else you haven't changed.
Captain_Destro
UNATCO

Post by Captain_Destro »

Does the noise level of the weapon have an effect on the radius of distress? Stupid Question.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

Nah, the parameters of the distress event seem to be fairly static.
eshkrm
Thug

Post by eshkrm »

So whenever the player tries to pick up an item while his inventory is full the InventoryFull message is displayed, yet nowhere in this message does it mention the size of the item (i.e. slot width x slot height). This information might make it easier for the player to make room for the item. If you want to implement it you can modify the InventoryFull string to include 2 more string variables (over the item name string variable it has now) and pass it the item's invSlotsX and invSlotsY values. I think there are only 3 locations where this message is used (once in DeusExCarcass, once in DeusExPlayer and once in Robot.uc) so it should be a quick fix if you decide to implement it.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

Weird, I don't see it in Robot.uc. Where is it in that file?

At any rate, I'm not sure I'd do that... I don't like throwing too many numbers at the player. I actually might get rid of the damage threshold display from doors, or changing it somehow, since it's caused apparent confusion with movers having reduced damage from certain weapon types and that kind of thing.

In other news, for fun I decided to code in a shrinking ray a while back. It's still a little buggy, but here are some screenshots of it in action:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5137351/shrinkgun/shrink1.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5137351/shrinkgun/shrink2.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5137351/shrinkgun/shrink3.png
eshkrm
Thug

Post by eshkrm »

Sorry, it actually shouldn't be in Robot.uc for you. I'm using Shifter as my base, which includes robot looting on unrealistic. So that's why it's included there.
Last edited by eshkrm on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

Just noticed something else: The ambient radiation from Grays only ever damages players. I'm wondering if this should be changed or not.
DDL

Post by DDL »

I would, yes.

Just add an exception for grays (even though they're immune to it, they'd probably get fed up with the repeated "0 damage" hits from each other).