player view offset values of the weapons

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
miguel
UNATCO

player view offset values of the weapons

Post by miguel »

Where is left,right,up,down,front,back?

Making a weapon in the same position and similar size of a specific gun and puting it under the class of said weapon, works perfectly.
But sometimes I have to make my weapons bigger, forsing me to place it in a different position to respect the boundaries of what the converting tool works with.
And the xyz directions of the modeling program I use are not the same of those in the game. I even have to model lnverted! (left is right)
Playing around with those numbers is driving me insane, I have to compile every time I change them to see what happens.

Thanks for your time.

my new running zombie and my old revolver:
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6144/z ... volver.png
Neveos
X-51

Re: player view offset values of the weapons

Post by Neveos »

hijacking to ask you something... miguel, do you know how to rotate a mesh from the import? I need to interpolate cars, but the car meshes are pointing the wrong way.
What I do in my other free time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FfPUKuGsQ
miguel
UNATCO

Post by miguel »

Sorry. that is exactly what I'm asking here.
The good thing is that the cars are not animated ( unles you want the weels to rotate) all you have to do is extract and conver some 4 times until you get the right direction. :mrgreen:
You must Rotate it from the 3d editing software.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

The import lines can specify rotation, as well as offset:

#exec MESH ORIGIN MESH=YourMeshName X=YourXoffset Y=YourYoffset Z=YourZoffset PITCH=YourPitch YAW=YourYaw ROLL=YourRoll

Where youroffsets are XYZ offsets respectively, and Pitch/Roll/Yaw is as desired.

The offsets are in...fuck knows what units, and I believe are related to the mesh scaling at import (so if your MESHMAP SCALE is really small, which it usually is, you need quite big numbers: 1000-10000 sort of range), and the pitch/roll/yaw are in 256 degree circles, so YAW=64 will be a 90degree rotation.