Terminus Machina - A DX Mod

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
SilverSpook
MJ12

Re: Terminus Machina - A DX Mod

Post by SilverSpook »

Hm, no I don't think so. I used SheepsTriggers, Shoptrigger in TM, I think that's it.

Also, the intro cinematic for the game is now up on the Moddb site.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Oh also, I'm having trouble with the BSP holes in my levels... I've got a pretty big level so it takes like two minutes to rebuild it and it's taking forever to play geometry "battleship" with the level, deleting a section, re-creating it and seeing if it fixes problems. Also, if I fix one area, it tends to cause a big problem in another area.

Is there a faster way to sort these things out besides just keep cutting and rebuilding sections?
miguel
UNATCO

Post by miguel »

The intro really mekes me want to play your mod. It looks great.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

It looks really good. I'm very impressed!
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Thanks guys! Hopefully the expectations can be delivered upon. I'm shooting for the beta in a month or so, hopefully.

Also, how do you get a particle generator to actually generate particles? I've dropped particle generator in my level and tried messing with the properties but there is no visual in the game. I need the particle generator to just generate a constant poison gas cloud but can't use the barrel.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

I'm still confused by this barrel.

So you've placed it, it's SC_Poison/SC_biohazard and it's bPredamage=true, right? And you haven't changed the mindamagethreshold or anything, I assume, since it DOES seem to generate poisongas initially, just not after an hour or two?

So, if you wander up to it when it's not spewing and use the legend>>view actors menu to look for projectilegenerators, is it still there?

As for your particlegenerator, you've given it a particletexture, right?

(though to be honest, if you want to mimic the projectilegenerator from the barrel, I'd use an actual projectilegenerator, not a particlegenerator)
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Hm, well I tried legend >> view actors and it looks like the projectile generator is very very slowly migrating, like 1 unit every several seconds or so.

I set the barrel to be lying down on its side with PHYS_NONE so it would stay that way. When I set PHYS_FALLING again, the projectile generator no longer moves. Don't what voodoo is conjuring that shit but I'll see if this solves the disappearing genny issue in the next playthrough.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

I'm going to shoot for getting the Terminus Machina open beta released by June. In terms of assets required from the community I need to get a swath of tertiary and a few medium-tier voices cast. So if anyone at all can donate a bit of time in front of their mic of any quality, then I would sure appreciate it, and so would everyone who wants to play this thing.

Also: possibly the case of the missing projectilegenerator is solved, fingers crossed.
Neveos
X-51

Post by Neveos »

SilverSpook wrote:Hm, no I don't think so. I used SheepsTriggers, Shoptrigger in TM, I think that's it.

Also, the intro cinematic for the game is now up on the Moddb site.
That was awesome! You pinko commie bastard! Jk. Loved it.
What I do in my other free time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FfPUKuGsQ
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Haha, thanks! Vive la revolutsiya!
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

One of my alpha testers has just reported that Terminus Machina works with New Vision but only if you run it as a "DeusEx.exe" and not with the custom executable "TerminusMachina", which has it's own related folder of files.

Anyone know if there's a way to get New Vision to work with the mod if it has it's own executable / folder system?

Also, Gore Mod works with Terminus Machina according to the tester :)
AdamJensen
NSF

Post by AdamJensen »

You should try tick-marking Terminus Machina and New Vision with Kentie's Launcher from Data Directories.

http://postimage.org/app.php
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

I have a custom executable, ini and a custom folder for Terminus Machina, but it seems like the renderer for TM can't be changed from the default (D3D). Is there a way for the user to set the renderer for the custom executable?
DDL

Post by DDL »

Change it in the ini?
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Ok thanks.

Has anyone tried creating additional cameras in the world (other than spydrone) that show up on the player's screen? I'd like to have a brief shot of what the player looks like when a certain button is pressed.

Here's what I have so far, which is inside of a special window called a "FaceChangeWindow". I've modified code from the AugmentationDisplay class to use the drone as a starting point for a "rearview mirror" kind of cam that lets you see what your current face looks like each time you change it. Only problem is, the window itself doesn't pop up in the UI.

Code: Select all

event Tick(float deltaSeconds)
{
    local DeusExPlayer Player;
    Player = DeusExPlayer(GetPlayerPawn());
	timeDisplayed += deltaSeconds;
 	if (timeDisplayed > timeToDisplay)
	{
		if (winDrone != None)
		{
			winDrone.Destroy();
			winDrone = None;
		}
		if (selfcam != None)
		{
			selfcam.Destroy();
			selfcam = none;
		}
		bTickEnabled = False;
		Show(false);
        return;
	}

if (selfcam == None && Player != none )
	{
	    selfcam = Player.Spawn(class'SpyDrone', Player,, Player.location, Player.ViewRotation);
    }

// check for the drone ViewportWindow being constructed
	if (winDrone == None  && Player != none)
	{
		winDrone = ViewportWindow(NewChild(class'ViewportWindow'));
		if (winDrone != None)
		{
			winDrone.AskParentForReconfigure();
			winDrone.Lower();
			winDrone.SetViewportActor(selfcam);
			winDrone.Show(true);
		}
	}

}