Terminus Machina - A DX Mod

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
SilverSpook
MJ12

Re: Terminus Machina - A DX Mod

Post by SilverSpook »

Hmm, do you have a log file, and maybe the version of DX you have? Any other mods installed?
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Didn't give me a log file, that I can find anyway.

Steam version. HDTP + New Vision.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Terminus doesn't have official support at the moment for use with other mods, so that may be an issue. One guy I think got it to work with New Vision but there was some work around he had to do. (Dentonoid on Moddb)

The log file should be sstm.log in DeusEx/System
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

New Vision shouldn't affect it. HDTP might but the way I've got it set up, it shouldn't affect it but I guess I'll have to see.

EDIT: Still no log file. And I've removed both NV and HDTP. This is just not going my way. :lol:

Once I've finished Nihilum, I'll do a straight reinstall.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

There's no sstm.log file in DeusEx/System after running Terminus Machina from that shortcut? Wow that is pretty weird indeed.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

I had a moment of stupid: of course it's not going to put a log file in DeusEx\System because I use Kentie's .exe which puts those files in the Documents Folder... :oops:
Log: Log file open, 06/14/13 20:28:40
Init: Name subsystem initialized
Init: Detected: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1 (Build: 7601)
Init: Version: 1100
Init: Compiled: Jan 29 2001 16:45:52
Init: Command line: INI="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Deus Ex\System\Terminus.ini" USERINI="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DeusEx\System\TerminusUser.ini" -h4x0r
Init: Base directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Deus Ex\System\
Init: Character set: Unicode
Log: Bound to Window.dll
Log: Bound to Core.dll
Log: Bound to Engine.dll
Init: Object subsystem initialized
Init: Computer: BENHOWGILLXPS
Init: User: BenHowgill
Init: Memory total: Phys=4054136K Pagef=4194303K Virt=2097024K
Init: Working set: 32000 / 159000
Init: CPU Speed=3192.039299 MHz
Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=4
Init: CPU Detected: PentiumPro-class processor (GenuineIntel)
Init: CPU Features: CMov FPU RDTSC PAE MMX KNI
Exit: Preparing to exit.
Log: Purging garbage
Log: Unbound to Window.dll
Log: Unbound to Core.dll
Log: Unbound to Engine.dll
Log: Garbage: objects: 193->0; refs: 0
Exit: Object subsystem successfully closed.
Exit: Exiting.
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Memory Allocation Status
Uninitialized: Curr Memory 0.005M / 0.059M
Uninitialized: Peak Memory 0.210M / 2.309M
Uninitialized: Allocs 1 Current / 2304 Total
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 06/14/13 20:28:47
Not that this shows anything particularly wrong with it.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

I got a weird issue. I'm trying to post this in a FAQ on Moddb and in one of my threads:

C:\Program Files\DeusEx\System\sstm.exe INI="C:\Program Files\DeusEx\System\Terminus.ini" USERINI="C:\Program Files\DeusEx\System\TerminusUser.ini" -h4x0r

And it keeps turning into just:

C:\Program Files\DeusEx\System\sstm.exe INI=

What the hell? is there some weird code getting triggered somewhere? I can't seem to sort this out. I tried putting it in quotes, in the HTML, etc.

@Nerdenstein: Yeah, I'm going to have to guess that Kentie's launcher is doing some voodoo on your paths that doesn't jive with Terminus Machina.
Chris Rosenkreutz
NSF

Post by Chris Rosenkreutz »

I've been playing with Kentie's launcher and it mostly plays fine. The only issue I had is that Kentie's launcher has a toggle to enable/disable the otpUIfix, which overwrites the rootwindow setting in the ini. As long as you don't touch that toggle, it works ok.

This is one beautiful dystopia. After working 400 hours, I will at last be able to afford a toasted bun in between two other buns.

Anyway, here are some bugs:

If you connect to a security terminal directly or remotely but don't attempt to login, the terminal will remain open and so you can't use it again.
Many conversations that give you items or skill points can be repeated. For example, you can fix the solar panels once and the older bum will give you food, skill points and solar panels forever. The conversation with the solar panel still tells you to upgrade your hotwiring skill which has been renamed.
If you deactivate the quadruped aug underneath something, you never get back up.
The door in the training mission doesn't open for me either, even after all the queued infolinks have been played.
The intro is unskippable and sometimes stays in the treadmill room indefinitely.
Trying to upgrade an augmentation that is at the maximum level wastes an upgrade canister. This is particularly annoying as I think the description is sometimes wrong about which augs can be upgraded.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Thanks for the generous feedback and bug list, Chris!

I believe the new patch (on the Moddb site) should fix some of those bugs. I'm pretty sure the unskippable intro problem is in the changelog.

Thanks for the list though, when I get some free time I'll work on fixing things up.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

I downloaded this and took a run at it. Looks great and I'm really liking some of the background tracks! However, it's different enough that you'll need some heavy documentation. I know personally it took me maybe an hour or so just to figure out what was going on to start moving the game forward.

Also, what do the chips do? I pick them up but I use them and get nothing other than them simply disappearing.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

When you use the chips you get schematics to make new objects.

Hmm, yeah, I think there should be some more documentation somewhere. A wiki perhaps?

Also, question: Is there a way to get Veronika's UED2 to recognize your custom classes? I'm trying to get my class package (DXMod.u) to show up in the class browser, but it doesn't show up in UED2. Only in UED1.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

SilverSpook wrote:When you use the chips you get schematics to make new objects.
Okay...that's not happening when I highlight the chip and click Use out of the inventory menu. I have to equip it and then use my fire key (found that out after I made that post).
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Oh, weird. I'll have to check that out.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

SilverSpook wrote:Also, question: Is there a way to get Veronika's UED2 to recognize your custom classes? I'm trying to get my class package (DXMod.u) to show up in the class browser, but it doesn't show up in UED2. Only in UED1.
Have you loaded the package from class browser? You need to press the "Open package" icon to load the package in UED2, unless you have a UED2 compatible class so you can use EditPackages to load it automatically.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Yeah I did try opening the package, doesn't seem to open. There's no error but when I look in the class tree there are no classes from my package.