It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:19 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deus Ex- Modern Combat 
Author Message
NSF

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:48 pm
Posts: 99
Post Deus Ex- Modern Combat
MODDB Page up, enjoy and leave feedback if possible. Hope it's ok i directed the official website to this thread.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-modernish-combat

http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-modernish-combat/downloads/modern-combat-first-release

https://rapidshare.com/files/1272260617/ModernCombatDeusExMod.rar

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21959951/ModernCombatDeusExMod.rar

The only difficulty I've tested it on is Realistic.. and god damn is it that.


Deus Ex- Modern Combat

Getting Started- Make a copy of your Deus Ex folder, though it may not be ideal. You will be dragging the mod files and replacing everything that conflicts, Make a back up of your Map and System folder for this reason.
I would strongly suggest the newest Shifter, New Vision, HDTP, and The Enhanced Deus Ex Renderer/Textures all avaliable on Mod DB. The Enhanced pack fixes the scope size.

Any errors or bugs? Please report them if possible. Go to the thread viewtopic.php?f=36&t=11435 and feel free to post or PM me. Captain_Destro is my user name. Also let me know if you enjoy it, or if any weapons seem over/under powered.

Finally I would like to thank the offtopicproductions and alpha communities for all the help they have given me. I wanted to thank Naveos, Jonas, Miguel and DDL for the help so far, answering my stupid questions, etc.

Thanks to the authors of the Cassandra Project, Thanks to Clyzm for his model work, and futher more I want to thank the HDTP/TNM staff for their enhanced models. TNM Pistol/Rifle Upgrades are functional.

You can expect new weapons (old weapons are touched up to support fast paced combat.), new ammo types (and more types branching off those, hollow points, incidinery rounds, high yield explosive rockets, etc), a few revamped maps, more secret items, the ability to give more NPCs items.

The AI on enemies has been greatly enhanced, stealth is still possible but much more difficult. The Alert times are also increased, I tried making it some what realistic so that AI doesn't have the short term memory of a gold fish.

Expect a mini mod for TNM. It won't remove weapons as drastically as this did for Vanilla DX. But it will modify existing ones and add better AI/Introduce more weapons.

P.S. For you nonlethal players, I didn't forget about you. Enjoy the dart rifle, the range isn't crap either. :)

Image


Last edited by Captain_Destro on Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:04 pm
Profile
NSF

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:48 pm
Posts: 99
Post Re: Deus Ex- Modern Combat
Image


Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:29 pm
Profile
UNATCO
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:36 am
Posts: 124
Location: Somewhere in Russia
Post Re: Deus Ex- Modern Combat
I cannot download the file from RapidShare. ): Can you upload it to LetitBit or other file hosting?

_________________
Delta ]2[ videos


Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:09 am
Profile ICQ
NSF

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:48 pm
Posts: 99
Post Re: Deus Ex- Modern Combat
Andrievskaya Veronika wrote:
I cannot download the file from RapidShare. ): Can you upload it to LetitBit or other file hosting?


Sure, also I will be uploading to ModDB soon.


Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:39 am
Profile
NSF

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:48 pm
Posts: 99
Post Re: Deus Ex- Modern Combat
Bumping, MODDB Page is up, as is an alternative download link.


Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:09 pm
Profile
Illuminati

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:15 am
Posts: 6345
Location: Brisbane Australia
Post Re: Deus Ex- Modern Combat
Cool. I might give it a whirl after I finish Arkham City. I'll test out ggrotz's save...er, saver at the same time.

_________________
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional


Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:39 pm
Profile
NSF
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:31 pm
Posts: 51
Post Re: Deus Ex- Modern Combat
Nice mod CaptnDestro. The AI is so much better than vanilla.


Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:34 pm
Profile
Illuminati

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:15 am
Posts: 6345
Location: Brisbane Australia
Post Re: Deus Ex- Modern Combat
Since I can't find my DX disc I tried getting everything running on my Steam version. I musta f****d something up coz it'd play the intro scene but wouldn't start the first map. :(

_________________
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional


Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:47 am
Profile
UNATCO
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:56 pm
Posts: 135
Location: In the secret underground MJ12 base in Goat City, as a prisoner.
Post Re: Deus Ex- Modern Combat
I just made my server a Realistic War Server. bit like counter strike. i tweaked the gun damage to make it a little more realistic. i replaced ALL of the weapon racks with clyzmsmod weapons. Even used Corporate District map from TNM. server still in development though.

_________________
Platypus


Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:02 am
Profile
NSF

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:48 pm
Posts: 99
Post Re: Deus Ex- Modern Combat
Marcelo wrote:
Nice mod CaptnDestro. The AI is so much better than vanilla.

After all my test plays as a rifleman, it is a real challenge playing this with a melee/stealth approach.




bobby 55 wrote:
Since I can't find my DX disc I tried getting everything running on my Steam version. I musta f****d something up coz it'd play the intro scene but wouldn't start the first map. :(


What error are you getting? I did a fresh install from steam, installed the necessary add ons, then copy/pasted the initial files. I had no issues atm. I included a non steam exe file that also fixes multi core issues.

Chris wrote:
I just made my server a Realistic War Server. bit like counter strike. i tweaked the gun damage to make it a little more realistic. i replaced ALL of the weapon racks with clyzmsmod weapons. Even used Corporate District map from TNM. server still in development though.


I'd go nuts with it man, that sounds really cool. I thought I had the damage so-so. For example the vanilla assault rifle was like a pea shooter.. 7.62 NATO shouldn't tickle... Same for 10mm Weapons. Though Pistol head shots even in vanilla were over powered.

The only reason I made 9mm So much weaker was because of the quantity you find and could carry.

I tried getting actual range time in so I could get a better feel for recoil and power. :S

Did anyone find the Turkish Assault Shotgun Yet? Also what did you think of the sniper's in the first stage. I recall somebody complaining about the placement of a sniper being stupid in vanilla. So i wanted to change that a bit.


Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:20 am
Profile
Illuminati

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:15 am
Posts: 6345
Location: Brisbane Australia
Post Re: Deus Ex- Modern Combat
Captain_Destro wrote:
Marcelo wrote:
Nice mod CaptnDestro. The AI is so much better than vanilla.

After all my test plays as a rifleman, it is a real challenge playing this with a melee/stealth approach.




bobby 55 wrote:
Since I can't find my DX disc I tried getting everything running on my Steam version. I musta f****d something up coz it'd play the intro scene but wouldn't start the first map. :(


What error are you getting? I did a fresh install from steam, installed the necessary add ons, then copy/pasted the initial files. I had no issues atm. I included a non steam exe file that also fixes multi core issues.



I didn't get an error, I haven't looked in any logs though.

I'll have another go at it at some point. Just to be clear though, I copy the contents of zip files and paste them into the respective DX files? Also , I had trouble with a black box around the reticle and changed from DX10 to OpenGL.

_________________
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional


Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:42 am
Profile
NSF

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:29 pm
Posts: 56
Post Re: Deus Ex- Modern Combat
I played the mod and I enjoy it pretty much, too bad that some heavy guns doesn't have models, but well since all the guns are used stuff from other mods I understand it well that some weapons have no proper model.
The AI is better at some point, but some other times they just can't hear the guns.
Also I think the weapons equipped with a grenade launcher should have a proper clip size, but I believe that should be a fix actually :/ since the original game is a bit "glitched" on that area.
I also think the Famas should have its scoped version as an upgraded weapon instead of being completely separate even if they are two separate weapon models.
I think also there should be more tranquilizer darts in the castle clinton section and in the first level these are pretty much lacking I think equipping one or two NSFs with the tranq rifle can help
and one more with the crossbow.


Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:40 pm
Profile
NSF
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:31 pm
Posts: 51
Post Re: Deus Ex- Modern Combat
Blade sword wrote:
I played the mod and I enjoy it pretty much, too bad that some heavy guns doesn't have models, but well since all the guns are used stuff from other mods I understand it well that some weapons have no proper model.
The AI is better at some point, but some other times they just can't hear the guns.
Also I think the weapons equipped with a grenade launcher should have a proper clip size, but I believe that should be a fix actually :/ since the original game is a bit "glitched" on that area.
I also think the Famas should have its scoped version as an upgraded weapon instead of being completely separate even if they are two separate weapon models.
I think also there should be more tranquilizer darts in the castle clinton section and in the first level these are pretty much lacking I think equipping one or two NSFs with the tranq rifle can help
and one more with the crossbow.



I agree with this. The field of view in my opinion is perfect in this mod. But how deaf the AI still is still annoying. The same method of field of view in this mod combined with bigger sound reaction radius would make the AI amazing giving more consequences in game and making it a bit harder to change modes from stealth to combat. I don't know if it can be done technically or both things could be modified without affecting the other cause field of view radius is perfect in this mod IMO.


Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:07 pm
Profile
NSF

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:48 pm
Posts: 99
Post Re: Deus Ex- Modern Combat
About the gun shot reaction, I believe I set the hearing/sight radius to max so I may have to increase the loudness each weapon makes to be honest. Despite improving the AI you only get so much to work with.

Regarding the FAMAS they are separate models and I think if I treat them the way the HDTP sniper is there would be parts of the model/texture missing. Unless there is a way for the LODMESH to change based on upgrades present.


Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:03 pm
Profile
NSF

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:48 pm
Posts: 99
Post Re: Deus Ex- Modern Combat
Modern Combat- Biomod is in the works just undergoing some quick testing.


Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:11 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.