Deus Ex- Modern Combat

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
G-Flex
Silhouette

Re: Deus Ex- Modern Combat

Post by G-Flex »

Captain_Destro wrote:About the gun shot reaction, I believe I set the hearing/sight radius to max so I may have to increase the loudness each weapon makes to be honest. Despite improving the AI you only get so much to work with.
Be aware that sight radius doesn't seem to matter much in ScriptedPawns, and that you have to adjust the hardcoded 2500 (I think?) unit limit for checking for the player if you want them to actually do so beyond that limit.
Captain_Destro
UNATCO

Post by Captain_Destro »

Is the hearing radius limited as well? Would be nice if they would look at the person shooting instead of looking at the bullet hitting behind them due to hearing.
Captain_Destro
UNATCO

Post by Captain_Destro »

Latest Edition Of Modern Combat Coming Soon
Modern Combat Update Notes (Biomod)

My to do list.
Fixes-
Fixed Famas Secondary Fire - It was originally lobbing grenades when 5.56 HP was loaded.
Fixed Recoil on Dart Rifle/Increasing capacity to make up for lower damage compared to Xbow. My logic is the crossbow is used point blank, the rifle is used for a distance there for over all velocity of a projectile should lower as it goes farther.
Adjusted Weapon Noise Levels to more realistic volume. Enemies aren't so deaf anymore.
Will Fix Plasma Rifle's Damage.
Changing the M4 to Burst Fire Instead of Full Auto
Experimenting with a fix that would allow enemies to use the Grenade Launcher.
Experimenting with a gun that would fire the spider bot's primary.
Changed 7.62 Caliber Rifles Capacity to 20 Rounds.

Additions-
Added a 7.62 Minigun (Heavy Weapons Category)
Added an AR10 (7.62 Caliber AR)
Changing some Pistols to 45ACP.
Added 45 ACP Ammo Type
Adding a 45 ACP Glock
Changed Desert Eagle to 50AE and upped the damage.
Added 50AE (Is Scarce)
Adding Dual MP5K's (With thanks to Alpha, going to be a stand alone .u file) Pistol Class
Adding an enhanced Vanilla Bull pup later in the game. (It will be full powered like the other 7.62 Rifles but won't have burst fire.)
Changing the UMP Ammo Type to 45ACP and slightly lowering Damage.
Adding a UMP 9mm Variant
Changing the Compact type of MP5 to Pistol Class (version with a stock will be categorized as rifle.)
Adding an improved flame thrower.
Working on making 20mm Grenades Bounce

Requests
What I need help with. In TNM there was code for a red dot (instead of the scope) I can't get it to work in Vanilla Deus Ex. The same style of red dot Kylie's Gun/Laser Gun use. I was hoping to use this for the UMP/G36C. I'm just asking how to give the optic a reddish tint with the red dot instead of the cross hair.
Zireael
NSF

Post by Zireael »

Wow, there is a tranq rifle in this mod? More reason to try it out... I think it does work with Shifter, but what about GMDX for example?